iPad Fuzzle - Free, for a limited time!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by different, Sep 14, 2008.

1. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    [app]Fuzzle[/app]

Nice game where you have to match 5 balls around a grid. New balls are added when you make a move (except when clearing 5 balls), and there's a couple of special balls as well. It's a fun little game, and I was considering purchasing it until I noticed that it's gone down from $1.99 to free!

Pick it up now and don't miss out on this little gem of a puzzler. :)

2. dudehuge

dudehuge Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    #2 dudehuge, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
    Cute dev :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU_0MrUjjqE

3. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    She doesn't come with the game, however. ;)

4. dudehuge

Sep 7, 2008
    #4 dudehuge, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
    Yeah, bummer :(

I love a cute chick that knows her integers from her floats :p

5. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Can we start some kind of petition??? please!??

I'm a sucker for accents

but in other news, I got the game from the itunes mobile store and it loaded insanely quick (must be that 2.1 firmware). The game is interesting and much more strategic than I thought it would be.

I also like that the sound effects for creating a 5 chain and going up a level are the same ones in Trism. They are really pleasant sounds that let me know I've done good and are also easy to hear while playing music

6. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    This game is quite similar to [app]BeeCells[/app], and to be honest, I think I prefer BeeCells.

In BeeCells you have to group 6 balls together, as opposed to Fuzzle's 5, but in BeeCell, they just have to be grouped together touching one another on a hexagon-based grid, and in Fuzzle they have to be in a straight line (horizontal, vertical or diagonal) on a square-based grid.

Obviously the fact that Fuzzle is free at the moment will have some bearing on which game you download, but BeeCells is only 99c / 59p.

7. dudehuge

Sep 7, 2008
    Brett just look at her and you'll change your mind. :p

8. networkman

networkman Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2008
    toronto, canada
    Got the game.

Wonderful time. It takes some understanding and it does have a strategy. (I'm still working on that!)

Firstly, It's important to note that you can move the "F"uzzles not only in a straight line but in any path not blocked. (right, left turns, straight as one move).

Give this a try. You will enjoy it.

One of myfavs right now.
    Bill.
    :)

9. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'm not that crazy about lines games, but this variant seems an improvement, is fun for what it is and free is a great price.

10. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Thread necromancy on an old thread because fuzzle is again free.

I gather this was pretty popular way back in the early days of the app store.

So far, I like to play untimed mode on "easy" setting or above. You can play a good while on easy without any really overly deep strategy, but at the same time the sense of danger and narrow escapes is periodically there.

I dont see any still-living threads on fuzzle, so let me say that its a puzzle game with a simple premise, and lots of options, from the makers of Fling!

It doesnt seem to have the same depth of strategy as Fling!, but that makes it more relaxing in a way...and I could be wrong as well.

11. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I definitely suggest checking it out for puzzle fans. It got pretty high in the charts, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit now that I finally got it.