iPad FusionXdevelopment upcoming company

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by fusionXdevelopment, Oct 29, 2008.

1. fusionXdevelopment

Oct 29, 2008
    Hi, FusionXdevelopment is a new company specializing in iphone programming. Now what separates this company from others is the openess to suggestions it accepts. I am the sole programmer for this company yup just one person, so about me : I am a sophmore in high school i have had no programming experience before this and am currently learning how to. Now here's where you members of TouchArcade come in i want suggestions i'm tired of developers ( with a few exceptions ) of thinking they now what the public wants so i'm asking you to help. Give me all and any suggestions for apps improvements anything i will take what you want and make it. I want something that the people will be able to instantly know they want it. If you members want a application that records how long you eat i'll do it what you want i'll try to do. However remember i'm a noob programmer and self teaching myself if anyone has any websites or hints to learning objective - c please feel free to email me at mrmonday123456@gmail.com
    Happy Posting,
    FusionXdevelopment:)

2. SLDROFHLA

SLDROFHLA Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    what do you want to make, game, entertainment, what type of game, sports, action etc. I wish I could write code, so congrats to you. anything but a flashlight app!

3. fusionXdevelopment

Oct 29, 2008
    ya i'm hoping to make either a action game or a organizer utillity app

4. Magnulus

Magnulus Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Student + Barista
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I think it's great that you're getting into the development game, but you need to make sure you know what you're doing before you start releasing games for the iPhone/ iPod Touch. Rather than going "I want to make an action game now" you should be thinking specifics. Part of the idea is to set yourself apart from the rest of the games. Another part of it is to NOT release games that are not finished! I cannot stress this enough.

As far as accepting feedback goes, there are quite a few developers who are active in this forum and accepting and using suggestions from users. You SHOULD make as sure as you can that users don't HAVE to complain to make the games better, first and foremost. Do NOT release games that are not finished!

Did I say that you should finish games before you release them?

5. fusionXdevelopment

Oct 29, 2008
    ya you put a very good point forwards. And on that issue i'll be making it in parts making sure each part works so the overall product is good

6. http://xoridor.sourceforge.net/
    port this game (GPL) to iphone. I don't even care about computer AI just make it playable by 2 people (not wifi either) just in person. You can start from scratch too. Only thing program has to enforce is placement of walls and allowed jumping if next to opponents piece.

7. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    I am still patiently waiting on a non-crappy web app version of the board game Pente. It's another one of those connect 5 stone games with a twist, you can capture your opponents stones by surrounding two of them. If you capture five groups of your opponents stones, or connect five of your own stones you win. This is an amazing board game and a perfect candidate to be made into a mobile app.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pente

8. fusionXdevelopment

Oct 29, 2008
    Hey does anyone out there have any sites or books that can teach me from the basics how to program for the iphone. Because although i'm very ambitious i really am a noob and need some guidance and practice:) thanks

9. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    I'm in the exact same situation as you. A good book (that I have not started reading) is "Become an XCoder" which is a free eBook. Just search it up on google. It teaches you the very basic concepts as programming, and after carefully reading it though multiple times, you will be able to move on to some more advanced techniques. Also, I want you to know what your getting yourself into. Learning Objective-C is like learning a whole new language, except harder. To reach your goal of making an action game, your going to have to take 1-3 years to learn. I'm not trying to lower your hopes, I'm just warning you.

I like your ideas of taking suggestions though. Good luck!

10. jlake02

jlake02 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Manager
    Los Angeles
    Best of luck! :)

11. fusionXdevelopment

Oct 29, 2008
    Thanks guys for al the positive comments i've recieved i know it's going to be alot of work but i'm going to be in it for the long haul. I really enjoy reading your comments and suggestions and take them to heart so keep them comming:)

12. mek

mek Well-Known Member

best of luck to you

do you have any programming experience?
    it has taken me a good 250 hours and i still have another 50 before i am done with my app, learning objective-c and cocoa touch from scratch, mostly trial and error..but i have had a few years programming experience years ago

okay, so an action game idea
    a sniper game, where you first have the a 2d topdown grid layout where you can select your position to snipe from...and depending upon where you pick, it will influence wind power, cover, visability, sun flare, etc.

once the position is selected, it turns into layered 2d view from your scope, where you have to locate your target and terminate him...with civilians around....
    miss because you miscalculated the wind, and your target will attempt to run away, as well as scurrying unpredicatble civilians and or if the target is of some influence, body gaurds who saw the sniper fire, will fire back at you
    you may have 10 seconds to fire again before your target escapes

it would be a quick, sniper game

i can already see how i would program it, but i'm really tied down with my current projects but i would like this game to be developed

another idea (based off a flash game, so you may have to get the rights to do this)
    is a virus game, when your objective is a virus, or bacteria, or parasite, and your goal is to evolve and get as many people sick, before governments close down their airports and borders which make it harder to get the population sick....but beware of madagascar, someone coughs in brazil and they close down EVERYTHING...ah thats a fun game...would love to see it come to zi iphone

good luck

13. fusionXdevelopment

Oct 29, 2008
    Regarding to my expierence I'm like you when you started out so far i'm learning from trial and error, but hopefully in 1 - 2 years i should be getting comfterable with Objective - C and my noob like status is why i really appreciate all the suggestions and help i've been getting.

14. fusionXdevelopment

Oct 29, 2008
    Oh by the way i'd like to thank BarringtonSoftware and Mek who both have given me very helpfull sugestions so far. Barrington thanks for the link to the book it's very insightfull. And Mek they sniper game you suggested looks great and i look forwards as i progress in programming to considering that as one of my top choices. Thanks:)

15. mek

mek Well-Known Member

i'll even help you out with the graphics

i was going to tackle it as an open source game, but i dont think i will be able to get to it anytime soon

i should get you some graphics by the end of next tuesday, whether you use them or not...

16. fusionXdevelopment

Oct 29, 2008
    Wow thanks Mek i really like the idea and the fact your willing to help me with graphics impresses me all the more. Though the game won't come out instantly i still have alot to learn but with alot of perserverance give me a couple months and it should be out. I know a couple months seems like a while but remember i'm an ambitious noob i'm self teaching myself everything with the help of books and posters like you so i greatly appreciate your patiance.

17. fusionXdevelopment

Oct 29, 2008
  18. fusionXdevelopment

Oct 29, 2008
    hey changing the topic a bit does anyone know when bioshock's coming to the iphone. It's an awsome game on the xbox and i'm really interseted in seeing it on the iphone????