Universal Fury Unleashed (by Awesome Games Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    On sale - tempted….

Awesome Games Studio likes this.
  2. Awesome Games Studio

Sep 18, 2012
    Hey everyone, good news!

We've just pushed an update, adding a touch-screen layout customization (and some minor tweaks & improvements). You'll find it in the "Controls" tab in options.

Once again, thanks for playing & thank you for your patience <3

Sagar Asthana and Talbs like this.
  3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Great to hear. Thanks for following up!

4. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Yeah thanks

5. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    On sale again!

6. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

This Awesome Game is on sale again for what looks like its lowest price ever at only $2.

I haven’t played the mobile version yet but I just bought it for that price. Plus, I already know it’s a great action-roguelite since I own it on Xbox. My guess is I’ll want my controller though. Edit: just saw this post by Boardumb regarding controls and thought it was interesting:

“I agree with this, but I wouldn't say this game has unplayable controls at all. They're fine. I also wouldn't say a physical controller is required to play, but it is a better experience with one. I think it just sticks out more because by this point in mobile gaming every game really should offer customization options since everyone's preferences are so different when it comes to virtual buttons”

Just to clarify, customizable controls have since been added.

VirtualBoyFreak, macplash and Chq like this.
  7. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Anotherkellydown thanks for bumping this up. This game flew below my radar for whatever reason so this is a great opportunity to jump into it!

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  8. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    I just bought it. Fun so far. I did re-arrange the buttons though.

9. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #49 macplash, Jan 20, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
    Looks like the game doesn’t sync between devices so I got a tough choice to make. Which device should I fully commit to? Text is quite small on an iPhone and there’s a lot of details to miss because of its size. But it’s fine with touch controls so far. On iPad I could play with a controller though. And see much more details. But not on a go I guess. With that massive skill tree I’d really prefer to play on one device only. Thoughts?

————-
    EDIT: so it’s an iPad + controller combo for sure. I always prefer touch controls on mobile, but in this case (and once before with Scourgebringer), this is a completely different experience. And it goes without saying, a worthy one!

10. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    So when I’m trying to join online co-op game I’m getting this error message (see attached screenshot). On the other hand, I can host a game and it works I think (judging by a fact I got a random player joined once). So what’s going on in here? Does it mean it’s a cross platform co-op and the mobile version is just behind? The last update on mobile was 5 months ago according to game’s version history on the App store.

EBC1932B-7401-48E1-AE9D-9845673E05FE.png

11. William Hououin

Feb 11, 2022
    Male
    Hi! So, I’ve been playing this non stop for a few days now :)

playing with the backbone controller, works really well, but is there a way to dash? Can’t seem to find it and I’ve seen some gameplay on YouTube where I see people dashing forward. Can’t seem to find the button or button combination to do it

12. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #52 macplash, Jan 28, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
    @William Hououin it seems the dash is not supported on mobile devices. You should be able to dash with R1/RB (depends on the type of controller you’re using), but on mobile that’s the button for quick map. It’s possible to disable it in the options but it just doesn’t work. The map is still showing after pushing R1/RB. There’s an option to remap the buttons but my game get stuck when I try to do that. I don’t think we’ll get a fix for that considering the last update was half a year ago, but I’ll reach out to the dev with the request anyway.

On an unrelated matter. I finished those 3 comic books and now I’m stuck with that John Kowalsky’s black and white sketchbook by default and I can’t go back to previous ones. Am I missing something? I want to play each one of them as I please because every part is different and I really enjoy them all. With their different environments and bosses. So, how do I “go back” and choose whichever comic book I want? And yeah, I killed all 3 bosses in each one of them to be allowed to do so. I love this game and I want to fully max out my character. Anyone?

—————-
    EDIT: never mind my question, I figured it out. It’s this guys that gives me an option to revisit previous worlds. I guess I had to summon him first through proper gameplay.;)

FFCF5C39-7394-4D92-AFBE-87B79CAB173C.jpeg

William Hououin likes this.
  13. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Personally doesn’t look like my thing and am somewhat turned off by the art style, but this is currently on sale for $1.99.

sebgo and VirtualBoyFreak like this.
  14. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    And now .99

decript and sebgo like this.
  15. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

#55 sebgo, Feb 29, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    For $0.99 I'm willing to give it a go (that sounds cheap, yeah, and I'm not talking about the price tag haha).

I remember playing the demo on the Switch and not really liking it much, mostly for the same reasons Alex mentioned two posts above this one.

Hopefully it's a fun experience when played coop.

Edit: Played through chapter 1 and a little from chapter 2 (they got me!). The experience, even though I played it using touch controls (they're VERY RESPONSIVE, BTW) was far greater than the demo on the Switch. Maybe because of the smaller screen or because of how good it feels to play it, I don't know. I still haven't played it with a friend, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a blast from what little I just played. If anyone's still on the fence, now's a good time to grab it.

Edit2: Coop is as fun and fluid as single player, except you get help from another person!

houseofg, sobriquet and ste86uk like this.