"Furious Tactical" - forthcoming strategy game for iPhone/iPod touch (Developer)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BrokenKings, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    I'm a fan. However, the yellow boxes seem to make the actual units look yellow-ish as well. Perhaps bringing out the unit color would help that? It'd make it easier to distinguish the units from each other.

2. magihiro

Mar 26, 2009
    I received the beta build, but did not receive the mobile provisions file with it. Which means I can't sync it to my iPod. However, as the dev who sent it is leaving, I figured I'd post here for whichever other devs were around, so they could perhaps send the proper file? :)

3. Joey87

Joey87 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Executive
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Me too! I've sent them a reply on email and here, hopefully he's still packing and will check before he leaves for real~

4. BrokenKings

BrokenKings Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    My bad! Proper build has been sent out. I sent out an old build I had sent to Sean by accident. XD

5. Joey87

Joey87 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Executive
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Whee, thank god that you're still here! Great :D I'm still waiting for the mail as it haven't reach my mail box yet though!

6. magihiro

Mar 26, 2009
    Same here.

7. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    Haven't received provision file yet

8. magihiro

Mar 26, 2009
    I'm thinking something else might have gone wrong as far as emailing everybody.

9. magihiro

Mar 26, 2009
    #49 magihiro, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
    Scratch that! Just received it! :)

And scratch that too... Still doesn't let me install.

10. Joey87

Joey87 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Executive
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Couldn't install too. Invalid signer.

11. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    So any news on the invalid singer situation?

12. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    the game looks good, but i wouldn't update to 4.1 for it.. any plans to make older firmwares run it?

13. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    Haven't heard anything. Wasn't able to install

14. onewithchaos

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    You have an iPhone 4. I see no reason not to upgrade to 4.1

15. magihiro

Mar 26, 2009
    Nope, nothing. I assume we have to wait until he gets back from vacation. :/

16. mekanikal fiend

Sep 9, 2010
    upgrade for game center? i don't really care about high scores or achievements.. i'd rather not have to ssh all of my files again. plus the new jailbreaks seem to have some issues still. nope i think ill keep sitting at 4.0.1 thank you.

17. BrokenKings

May 13, 2009
    Hey all,

I just got back last night and should be back in the full swing of things hopefully later in the day or tomorrow. Have to unpack, do laundry, etc. before I can fully focus on work ...

Sorry to hear that some of you had problems! I know that at least one person was able to get it working - I got a number of very detailed e-mails from him. So the problem could either be with the build or with your devices. I'll look at the build later today but in the meantime, if you want to check your devices, go to settings->General->Profiles, and check which profiles you have installed. If any are red (expiring/expired) they might be causing problems, tap on them and then click delete in the page that comes up. I'll put up a video explaining this process later if it helps.

18. BrokenKings

May 13, 2009

Hey mekanikal fiend. I have to admit I agree with you - high scores don't interest me a lot. And I typically try and build for the lowest OS possible. The reason that we feel that Game Center is worth upgrading is not for the high scores or achievements, but for the online multiplayer it provides - running even a server to auto-match games takes a lot of time and testing, and as far as I'm concerned, if apple wants to do that for me, I'll gladly let them. This was the killer feature that made us use Game Center. :)

19. mekanikal fiend

Sep 9, 2010
    thanks for the reply! I've been lurking here since Furious Tactical has shown up on the upcoming games here at touch arcade. your game looks awesome and I'm very interested in SRPG's, plus the graphics are clean and cute! by the time it gets released, maybe ill be ready for the big leap to 4.1. If the multiplayer works good then that will definatly be a big boost to the app.

20. BrokenKings

May 13, 2009
    Alright - the new beta builds have been sent out and as far as I know, nobody has run into problems. I've got a fair amount of feedback so far, most of it good :) And our faithful beta testers discovered a crash bug that I missed. Whoops!

Meanwhile, the art is rolling in. We now have portraits for mice and cats in all four colours. Dog portraits are in progress.

[​IMG]

And the mice field animations have come in ...
    [​IMG]

This weekend I'm going to be trying to get a lot done, so keep watching this space for screenshots!

PS. Is it just me, or has facebook suddenly really started to suck in terms of image quality? Like, big big time?