"Furious Tactical" - forthcoming strategy game for iPhone/iPod touch (Developer)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BrokenKings, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey87

Joey87 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Executive
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Keep the whiskers, it's so much better!

Seriously, i can't wait to try this game alreaaady~ are you going to have beta testing or something for this? :D

2. BrokenKings

BrokenKings Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    Sean - that shop menu looks great :D I can't wait to put it in game. It'll beat my current implementation with lots of see-through blue boxes:

[​IMG]

I also agree with all of you guys about the whiskers. It looks way better with. :)

Joey - beta testing - it will happen, just not yet :). Stay tuned for info!

3. BrokenKings

May 13, 2009
    #23 BrokenKings, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
    It's was quite a busy week here in the Broken Kings office - working on fixing a lot of bugs and finishing up a bunch of stuff in time for a meeting Friday afternoon. That meeting is over, it's now Monday morning, and I have about 3-4 days left in the office before I get married and go on a honeymoon.

And before that happens, I'd reaaaally like to have the game ready for beta-testing. So this week, I will be trying to polish the last few things before the very first round of beta testing. Just please understand that this first round will be somewhat primitive :)

So....I've had a couple people requesting beta testers. We're looking for somewhere in the range of 5 people for the first round of beta testers. If you're interested, post here!

4. Joey87

Joey87 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Executive
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    I am interested to test your game! <3

Add: Oh, and congratulations on your marriage. :D

5. BrokenKings

May 13, 2009
    Great Joey! Can you PM me your device ID and e-mail address? We are hoping to send them out Wednesday or Thursday morning.

6. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    I'm interested too. I just finished war of eustrath and trying to finish a campaign for BfW so I'm in a TBS mood :D

7. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Ah, good to see it's testing time, I'd love to test this. :)

8. BrokenKings

May 13, 2009
    Great to hear guys :D onewithchaos, I already got your message. Balu`, if you could message me your device information + e-mail address, that'd be great.

9. Joey87

Joey87 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Executive
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Did you get my PM? :D

10. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    I sent a PM with a beta request :)

11. BrokenKings

May 13, 2009
    Magihiro, Balu`, and Joey87, all of your PMS have been received :). I also got a private message from another tester. For this first round, we are filled up - but if you wanted to test and missed out, stay tuned, when I get back from my honeymoon we'll continue to do beta tests.

(Development on the game will be continuing on the art side while I am out of the office, so don't think that the game is coming to a pause while I'm gone - it's not! :D )

12. Joey87

Joey87 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Executive
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Yay more art works! The graphics so far has been great, i've great expectation of this game once it's complete :D I'll be looking forward to the first round of beta testing <3

Also, remember to enjoy your honeymoon! :D

13. Decker

Decker Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thanks for you enthusiasm Joel and folks! I was originally going to post a question in regards to a cat unit pose, but seeing as I grabbed the wrong psd from the art team, that will be saved for the very next update :9

This update though still has to do with the cats, and featuring some work by Cil over at Big Stack Games. First and foremost, you've already been introduced to the basic cat footsoldeir [our subject for the whisker question]. Now I'd like to show some of his cohorts in ssketch form:
    [From left to Right: Wizard {Moon Priest}, Standard Bearer, Cavalry, and Archer {Jannisary}].
    [​IMG]

We wanted to make sure the units were analogous in function and form to the mice units, but at least give the cats a flare of their own. What do you guys think?

And now let's pan out to see some of our cat units as they would be o nthe battlefield:
    [​IMG]
    Intimidatingly cute.

14. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Great art!
    Aggressively cute!

15. Joey87

Joey87 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Executive
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    OMG, the artworks are amazing. Great work there.

How come the cat in the middle looks like she's (i'll assume it's a female! :p) hiding behind the chicken? I can hardly see her~

16. Decker

Decker Member

Jan 16, 2010
    #36 Decker, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
    My apologies, I'm double posting like it's going out of style.

Joel, the army units in their idle state are seen at the 45 degree angle [hence why our cavalry is being blocked by the chicken]. The image next to it shows a sideways walk of the cat cavalry and you will get to see more of the unit :D

17. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    That is amazing. I can't wait to see more!

18. Joey87

Joey87 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Executive
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Ah, that explains it. Really art works you have there. I can't wait to see more of it :D

19. BrokenKings

May 13, 2009
    Hey guys - got some updated versions of the shop screen mockups to show:

[​IMG]

First off, here's the standard view - compared to last time, you can see a few new details. First, there's the yellow boxes behind the units, those are new - next, there is some additional data about the units in the center box, the price beneath, and lastly you'll notice that there's an arrow at the bottom. That is for advanced players - once you are good at the game, you tap that and it turns the shop screen into:

[​IMG]

This! The difference being that in this screen, you simply tap a unit to purchase it; while in the previous screen, you had to tap the unit to select it, then tap the green checkmark to purchase it. In short, this cleans up the interface and makes shopping a little bit faster once you are good enough at the game that the unit interactions are understood.

These screenshots of course come from our very own Sean (Decker in this thread).

Thoughts? Feedback? :)

20. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    I like it as usual. :>