Universal Furdemption - A rabbit in Hell puzzle-adventure game. (By RareSloth LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RareSloth, Jun 25, 2015.

1. RareSloth

RareSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

#141 RareSloth, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015

Hey no worries! We love feedback.

Let me know if you have any ideas for achievements on specific levels and we might put them in the game! For example:

Kill the reaper on level "x".

Break all of the crates and survive

etc.

2. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Time to respond to this monster post - Our slothy responses are in color :)

Love the idea of a turn based mode! Async games usually works great iOS. Any thought on how to implement them? Is it going to be something like build your fort and try to take over your opponents?

We're still open to ideas at this point... We try to prototype it out quickly on paper so we don't waste a bunch of development time!

Firstly I'll try to figure out why I like this game and make sure any suggestions doesn't break that:

For me this game is easy to control with no strange movements and other stuff.
    It is easy to understand the rules. No healthbars or different weapon damage.
    It is a real time puzzle game, combined with an action element.
    It is grid based. Either you stand in a square or you don't. There are no in betweens

I like that there are basically two of each kind of block:
    2 walls, destructible and indestructible, 2 blocks, 2 enemies, 2 "weapons" tnt and bombs and so on

Thank you! We agree with you. :) Keeping things simple is critical.

This made me think about adding "more of the same". Maybe that's not the way to go, maybe you should add some new elements instead?

I was thinking about stairs that made it possible to walk on walls and blocks. Stair could be pushed from three directions, trying to push it from the fourth makes you go up the stairs instead. This could make for an interesting new puzzle element. Stairs could be companied with ladders that are fixed and foes can't climb. (Does rabbits climb stairs? Is that an opposing thumb thing)

Definitely could be cool!

The key from my perspective is not to ruin a great game by adding too much and too complicated things. The things that are added should improve the game in some way as well, as all the other thing did.

Have you considered adding another theme? Since we earned our wings the new levels could be in heaven or at ground level?

We considered doing another theme but decided to keep it hell-themed for now. The green theme would add some UI complication and we'd need another "goal" instead of the feather if he's already flown out of hell. Also, we really like the "rabbit trying to get out of hell" - its concise and simple. Perhaps some day we'll do a sequel with lots of new themes and different puzzle objects.

Regarding multiplayer it would also be cool to play coop! That would need some kind of chat system though. Maybe you could give directions by holding a square and then use some kind of commo rose command stents like in battlefield? The goal could be for the two rabbit to meet and...

... Share a glass of carrot juice or something.

LOL

Let me know I you need any more beta testing!

Definitely! You're already on our mailing list, so you'll get first dibs :)

3. €¥€

€¥€ Member

Mar 3, 2015
    I think I found a glitch/cheat on lvl 75 hot seat,
    when you sit on the switch and stop the saw between the wall and spikes and then move off the switch while the spikes are up to let the saw move then repeat 2 to 5 times, the switch reverses so the saw will stop if your off the switch
    I'm not sure what I just wrote is clear?

4. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Thanks for reporting that and using the spoiler feature :)

We'll look into it and smooth out any rough edges for the next update...

Cheers,
    Brian

5. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Someone found out how to clone rabbits... Or maybe it was immaculate conception? Err...

[​IMG]

6. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

7. 6thDay

6thDay Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Just 2 of you guys? That is amazing, for a crew so small to create a game of gigantic size!

I

8. Spritey

Spritey New Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Level 80

Guys, ive been stuck on level 80 for a while now. Can ya give me hint how to beat this level? Thanks in advance :)

9. Flip90

Flip90 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Pic 1

Attached Files:

10. Flip90

Flip90 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Pic 2

Attached Files:

11. Flip90

Flip90 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Pic 3

Attached Files:

12. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Thank you! It took around 7 months to get this far... But we're still going to keep at it!

Cheers,
    Brian

13. 6thDay

6thDay Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2013
    #153 6thDay, Jul 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
    Wait you tricked me!! I thought there would be 2 more world levels but once I got to level 80 it was over :****(

Man that last level was really hard. I was so frustrated with it and I thought it was a bug too, but it was actually simple.

Although you had to be really quick at the end ;)

I didn't use any guides and got all the gold because I believe the value in puzzle games is the time you spend figuring it out on your own, and that's what makes the value of the game even more worthwhile.

This has definitely been my favorite non-iap games of this year.

I hope you sloths come out with something soon :)

Review coming up soon on AppStore!

Wait a minute, I just realized something. I have 0/20 for the horn face. What is that and how do I get it?

EDIT: man this game has so many surprises. I have the horn face rescue. I guess I wasn't looking hard enough :)

14. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

@6th day, get it all figured out?

You're not the first to miss the rescue missions... Its not your fault, its a fault with the design which we'll need to work on in the future!

Thanks for the kind words and we're looking forward to your review! :)

Cheers,
    Brian

15. 6thDay

6thDay Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Review is up outlining pros and cons ;)

Impatiently waiting for the update to fix the bug in rescue 8.

I got all gold besides that one and this bug is driving me nuts :)

16. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

All of the completionists are going to hate us :p

17. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

#157 RareSloth, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  18. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    That is terrifying.

19. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Haha. Thank you :)

Does anyone know if there's a way to embed gifs into TA forums?

20. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Very nice, looking forward to the update.