Universal Furdemption - A rabbit in Hell puzzle-adventure game. (By RareSloth LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RareSloth, Jun 25, 2015.

1. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Little late buying this game haha, but my god is it a fantastic game!! Very quick reactions needed and it blends very well with the puzzles presented ! Not frustrating either as I can gaze the artwork for hours on end! A very very neat piece of work here guys!

2. Flip90

Flip90 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Anybody done level 80 yet only level that has me stumped thanx in advance

3. Flip90

Flip90 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Never mind just done it ha

4. Flip90

Flip90 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Just wondered if there is a fault on rescue level 8 says i have 4-5 coins and can see the 5th out in the lava top right when i drag the screen no way to get to it cheers

5. Flip90

Flip90 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2013
    By the pause in the corner you can see the coin

Attached Files:

6. RareSloth

RareSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Hey Flip90 - You found the impossible coin! We're going to remove that the next update, we fat-fingered it when we were creating the levels.

Those on our mailing list are going to get 1-2 e-mails a month about our update progress!

Here's what we have planned so far for the first update:

Game center support
    New enemy!
    New deadly traps
    New music
    Secrets
    Achievements
    New levels!
    Bug fixes

7. Flip90

Flip90 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Ha great am not missing something great game cheers

8. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Pedroapan sent us some awesome questions and suggestions for new items and the level editor.

The level editor is a tough one. We beta tested it, and people made a lot of cool and weird levels. One guy made a huge running area filled with reapers. As much as we like the creativity there are some considerations:

* How do we reward players who make really nice levels?
    * What happens to levels that are really bad or not very fun?
    * What will motivate players to play other levels if they don’t get any reward?

The most obvious first step would be to allow players to share and rate levels, but we want to take it further than that.

Instead of just having a level editor to make puzzle levels, what about a whole game mode where you use the level editor? We were thinking about something where you are matched up with another player and you take turns placing objects on the board, almost like a strategy game. Anyway, we still have a long way to go and a lot of things to figure out. We really want to do some kind of turn-based multiplayer that’s a combination of playing and building. We’re open to ideas!

9. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Thank you! Glad you're enjoying it :)

10. 6thDay

6thDay Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2013
    that is a great idea!

11. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Hi there everyone, and prepare for a wall of rambling!

Hi there!

Love the idea of a turn based mode! Async games usually works great iOS. Any thought on how to implement them? Is it going to be something like build your fort and try to take over your opponents?

Firstly I'll try to figure out why I like this game and make sure any suggestions doesn't break that:

For me this game is easy to control with no strange movements and other stuff.
    It is easy to understand the rules. No healthbars or different weapon damage.
    It is a real time puzzle game, combined with an action element.
    It is grid based. Either you stand in a square or you don't. There are no in betweens

I like that there are basically two of each kind of block:
    2 walls, destructible and indestructible, 2 blocks, 2 enemies, 2 "weapons" tnt and bombs and so on

This made me think about adding "more of the same". Maybe that's not the way to go, maybe you should add some new elements instead?

I was thinking about stairs that made it possible to walk on walls and blocks. Stair could be pushed from three directions, trying to push it from the fourth makes you go up the stairs instead. This could make for an interesting new puzzle element. Stairs could be companied with ladders that are fixed and foes can't climb. (Does rabbits climb stairs? Is that an opposing thumb thing)

The key from my perspective is not to ruin a great game by adding too much and too complicated things. The things that are added should improve the game in some way as well, as all the other thing did.

You could add 2 kind of boats. Rafts that "expire" like the broken ground, and more durable stone boats.

Ranged weapons could be dynamite bars. Tap your target to shoot. You can only shoot in straight lines. Fixed range of two squares. Bow and arrows that range three squares or more. Could also be used to toggle switches.

Have you considered adding another theme? Since we earned our wings the new levels could be in heaven or at ground level?

Regarding multiplayer it would also be cool to play coop! That would need some kind of chat system though. Maybe you could give directions by holding a square and then use some kind of commo rose command stents like in battlefield? The goal could be for the two rabbit to meet and...

... Share a glass of carrot juice or something.

Here throwing could be used to throw keys to your partner?

Let me know I you need any more beta testing!

Cheers!

Pedroapan

12. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  13. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Thanks for posting this!

@Pedroapan, I'll get to some of your questions this afternoon! :)

14. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Awesome
    I'll buy this after it have GNice one dev :D
    Is the update will be out next week?this week?

15. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Game Center achievements is a welcome addition!! Thanks for taking that into consideration devs!
    I swiping the only method of movement? I thought it worked quite well here, but do you have plans for a virtual pad since it might be more efficient? (I haven't installed the game yet on my Mini so donno what are the controls offered).

16. addictor

addictor Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2015
    Really fall into this one great concept and Amazing gameplay!

17. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

We can't work that fast... There's only two of us! We have the next release planned for early August.

Its best to buy now because we'll raise the prices when we update ;)

Cheers,
    Brian

P.S. iPad 2 and 3 are having some trouble... We're going to fix it the next update.

18. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

More efficient by tapping instead of swiping? We rather like the interactivity of swiping to move. Using swipes also frees up the "tap" gesture so we can use it for another interaction in the future.

I doubt we will be adding on-screen controls. It would be too easy and frustrating to miss the d-pad. The screen lacks the tactile feedback to make it work... And we don't want to muddy up the UI. Hopefully our players will understand this decision.

Cheers!
    Brian

19. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Thank you! We're glad you're enjoying it :)

Cheers,
    Brian

20. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Thanks for the response Brian! Glad to hear you got some stuff planned for the game. I always tapping was "quicker" than swiping, especially if you leave your finger on the button to continuously move towards the direction instead of swiping over and over to perform that same action. But you know better about these things and obviously thought about everything so forget I talked about it.
    I'm glad you took notice about the achievements since they add a lot to a game for me personally.

Best of luck for the game and thanks for responding kindly to feedbacks!