Universal Furdemption - A rabbit in Hell puzzle-adventure game. (By RareSloth LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RareSloth, Jun 25, 2015.

1. RareSloth

RareSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Thank you! :)

2. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    This is a fantastic game.
    I loved beta testing and being able to help and watch it grow.
    Cute characters, creative puzzles and plenty of challenges.
    Definitely an original.

The end of the beta testing is bittersweet. Sad to have to stop playing but happy to see the dev be able to finish and publish the game.

Good luck!

3. Bi88les

Bi88les Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Fantastic game, lovin' it so far.
    Tight controls, great art and well thought out level design!
    Instabuy!
    Well done devs!

4. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Thanks everyone!

We just returned from IndyPopCon (which was awesome!) and we're exhausted... Now, we morph into our true sloth forms to nap for a day.

We were nominated for the reboot award at PopCon but alas, we did not win the grand prize of $10,000.

Cheers!
    Brian from RareSloth

5. snoopie

snoopie Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Finally a good game on iphone in a while.. Its not just good.. Really awesome! Rabbit is so cute. Thank you devs!

6. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Thank you! Share it with your friends :)

Cheers,
    Brian

7. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Just finished level 80. Haven't played the rescue missions, but loved it as far as I've played. Recorded a well deserved five star rating on the AppStore for the devs. Beautifully designed game.
    I would mention that having played the crap out of Sproggiwood just recently, I think that their directional controls would work really well on Furdemption. The swipe controls worked great, but at times, when swiping really fast, the swipe could register as a tap. Sproggiwood controlled well enough that I seldom even glanced at the buttons, which is what would be required here, but it also responded very quickly when I wanted it to (unneccessarily in that game, of course). Just a thought, really. Furdemption plays like a dream regardless. Thanks for the entertainment, you Sloths.

8. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Thank you... That feel!

I haven't tried out sproggiwood, 10 bucks is a lot for a mobile game... I wonder how well they did.

We personally hate on screen controls....

9. alduinslayer

alduinslayer Active Member

Apr 8, 2015
    #89 alduinslayer, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    I got... So good

10. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    This is a fantastic game, however, it's in dire need of a d-pad control option. The swipe to move is feasible for the puzzle levels but the more action and timing oriented levels are incredibly annoying with swipe controls. I have pretty much finished all the levels but the experience is becoming much less enjoyable near the end because of less than stellar controls.

11. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Can you give me a little more information on why the swipe controls are causing you annoyance?

Thanks,
    Brian

12. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    In most of the hectic timing based levels (rescue missions, later levels etc) you are required to input commands very quickly and precisely. Swiping is not a good input method for this sort of challenge, repeatedly swiping 10-12 times quickly in a row is incredibly annoying and exhausting. This is especially noticeable in the Fragile missions. These levels would be far more enjoyable with a simple 4 way d-pad. The movement of the bunny is also a little slower than the fastest speed at which you can input commands, this lets the user effectively add commands to a buffer and this can be disorienting when you are swiping in a different direction than what the character is moving towards. This can be reduced by having the simple tap d-pad.

13. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Are you envisioning the rabbit would just keep running in the direction you point the d-pad?

14. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    That would be nice, but it's not really the point I'm making. In more concise terms, a digital 4-way virtual d-pad is far more accurate, easier to use and has a faster response than swiping.

And by digital d-pad I mean four onscreen buttons and not a virtual stick, although a virtual stick would be preferable to the swiping as well.

15. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Yup. When trying to hurry, my very quick swipes sometimes register as a tap instead of a swipe. The swiping does work well for the most part, but I agree that an option for directional buttons might be nice.

16. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=263596][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264829][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264951][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264748][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264831][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264504][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264675][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264949][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264793][​IMG][/thread] [thread=264856][​IMG][/thread]

Furdemption

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

June 25th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

17. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Wow. :eek:

[​IMG]

The two sloths here at RareSloth (Brian and Austin) are thrilled to be nominated! Its been our pleasure to be a member of this community.

Thank you for your support.

Cheers,
    Brian

18. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Put in my vote!

19. Scorpion008