Universal Furdemption - A rabbit in Hell puzzle-adventure game. (By RareSloth LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RareSloth, Jun 25, 2015.

1. RareSloth

RareSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

#381 RareSloth, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    [​IMG]

New theme!
    A new theme has been added to the level editor! The rabbit's homeland - The Forest.

New Decorations!
    The demons are doing bad things in the Forest world! Now you can spice up the levels you make with rabbit heads on a stick, a nice blood fountain, or a skull torch. There are also the finer things like mushrooms, grass, and a royal carpet.

New Items!
    * The ground shield is a divine item that protects the rabbits, holds in explosions, and can be toggled on and off with switches and pressure plates.
    * Trees! You can hide stuff in them. :)
    Recommend an item

Be a part of the sequel!
    If you build a good level we will put them in the final game and your name will be in the credits as a level designer / builder! Be the envy of all of your friends when they see your name in the game. Also, our beta testers get to taste the items in the game long before it's out and give feedback.
    Signup and get level editor access

2. PrncssMelissa

PrncssMelissa New Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Hopelessly Stuck on Level 71

I'm hopelessly stuck on level 71. Can anyone PM me the solution. Thanks!!

3. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    This is around the stage where the game gets really hard - it does get a bit easier.

This level in particular had me stuck for ages. The thing that I didn't click about is that bombs are not just a good for blowing things up. They're also good for pushing buttons - but obviously they don't stay pushed for long.

I hope that helps.

4. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Is Blimpey's time of 3:70 on level 20 legitimate? That just doesn't seem possible if you have to wait for the bomb to explode.

5. PrncssMelissa

PrncssMelissa New Member

Dec 7, 2015
    That did help, thanks! I had gotten past levels after 71 - I was just stuck there.

Now I'm stuck on level 80. Any suggestions?

6. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

#386 RareSloth, Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
    I just checked on this - thank you for bringing it to my attention. There used to be a way to push the bomb into the corner of the wall (and skipping the crate part)... But it doesn't seem to be possible anymore..? Austin (lead dev) is going to check into this and and make that trick possible again. We definitely want to retain highscore integrity so that's our bad! Let me know if you see anything else :)

edit: It takes 3 seconds to blow up the bomb so something is off. I'm going to go ahead and delete that score.

Cheers,
    Brian

7. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

That's good to know that the bomb as a button pusher didn't quite click.... We might introduce that better in the sequel. Is there anything else that didn't immediately click?

There's this delicate balance between teaching the user mechanics and requiring the user to figure it out on their own.

8. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Deleted the highscore of someone with 591 coins when the max is 590.

9. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    That's the main thing like that that I remember getting stuck on. To be honest though, I like a game to have bits where you get stuck for a while. It makes you feel that much better when you finally work it out.

10. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Thanks for looking into that so quickly and maintaining the leaderboards!

Is there a particular section or concept that you're having difficulty executing? The TNT must be brought over to the left side by the bone switch to open access to the feather. In addition to the moving platform across the top section of the level, 1 more space must be filled to create a bridge above the TNT.

I find that using deductive/inductive reasoning helps me when trying to figure stuff out. You work backwards by looking at what's stopping you from getting to the feather, in this case, a block that can be blown up is stopping you. So you think, ok, I have to get the TNT over here to be moved into the saw. And if this is true, a bridge needs to be made above the TNT, and for that to happen, I have to do this, and so on until you figure out what needs to be done first to make each next step possible.

11. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Well done, thanks Matt33 and dancj for helping out, you rock.

12. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I want to thankyou Brian and the rest of the team of RareSloth for the opportunity to get the game through promo codes.

You guys are amazing and I'll write an opinion on the game as soon as I try it.

Thanks again. :)

13. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Our pleasure! Definitely let us know how the game feels, we're working on a sequel right now (follow here)... So we want to make it the best we can. :)

Cheers,
    Brian

14. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I tried it.

The Game is a refined, clever and challenging puzzle Game. So much levels and replaybility. Without any dubt a brilliant puzzle game for anyone Who enjoy this genre.

My only suggestion is to eventually add the possibility to rotate The screen like land sliders.

Nothing else to add right now! :)

15. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Thank you! What do you think of the levels with more action in them?

Cheers,
    Brian

16. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Work is keeping me really busy these days... when I'll try the more action levels I'll let you know! :D

Ah, and Game Center works? maybe the problem is by Apple side with the last release of iOS...

17. orton1227

orton1227 Active Member

Nov 14, 2013
    #397 orton1227, Dec 27, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    Can't figure out how to solve Rescue Mission 27 please help?!

18. 6thDay

6thDay Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2013
    #398 6thDay, Dec 27, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    Hello Brian,

Maybe it's just my 6s plus but there is no iCloud sync option anymore?

I'm running on iOS 9.2 and I can't sync my iCloud progress because there's no option anymore.

[​IMG]

When I tap the first slot, it just takes me back to the levels menu, with no option to sync.

19. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Rabbit's Shopping list: Holy Water, White Key, White Box, Gold Key, Gold Box.
    Rabbit's 3 special tips for being a successful Rabbit:

1- A Rabbit must always come back the way he came when using the left portals.
    2- A Rabbit must sometimes keep portals in place while the others move to another space.
    3- A Rabbit must not step on certain cracks unless he has 2 Holy Waters.

20. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

It should be syncing automatically now but sometimes iCloud doesn't want to cooperate. Make sure there is room in your iCloud! Let me know if it still doesn't want to sync after a while.

Cheers,
    Brian