Universal Furdemption - A rabbit in Hell puzzle-adventure game. (By RareSloth LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RareSloth, Jun 25, 2015.

1. RareSloth

RareSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Thanks! Glad you're liking it. We've received mixed feedback, some people don't like having to level up... It would be nice to be able to skip ahead on levels, but to ensure that levels can be completed from the start state, that's where you have to start from. As a side-effect, this will hopefully prevent levels that are excessively complicated.

Stay tuned for a preview of some new item skins. :)

2. WondarRabb1t

WondarRabb1t New Member

Oct 15, 2015
    Absolutely amazing game!

I became a huge fan of Furdemption and I'm really happy to know that user generated levels are coming! It would be great if we can preview and download levels in-game and rate like Mario or other puzzle games that allow it.

Also, I really wish there was an option to turn off blood, hopefully this will be available in the near future!

Thanks dev!

3. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Hi WondarRabbit, nice name. :)

There actually is a hidden setting to turn off blood. Go to the settings App on your phone (not inside of the Furdemption App)... Then scroll down and tap Furdemption, then there's an option to hide blood. Enjoy.

Cheers,
    Brian

4. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    I'm wondering about leveling rewards after level 15. I think I saw a TNT box in a level, but I haven't unlocked it yet at level 16. Are you ever granted more allocated space to place more objects within a level? A couple of my ideas have been too intensive in that regard.

Hopefully you guys can keep up with all the new levels after the front page feature! Looking forward to seeing which ones are picked. Will there be a way to search by creator when the editor is released, so people can play them?

5. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    If you put a bomb inside a normal box, it'll become a TNT. It took me sometime to figure it out, too :)

6. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Since the TNT crate is something that people are missing, it would probably make sense for us to just consider it as a separate item.

Thanks!

Brian

7. popjam5

popjam5 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Hey guys, i'm enjoying the level editor, and it's extremely simple (which is a good thing) but allows for heaps of creativity.

Just a few questions about the contest, will you play through and beat every submission? I think I just created a really unique level but it's completely different to what people expect and requires... A bit of a learning curve :p it's not really that hard once you understand what you're doing..

Also, does the level have to fit in to the game or can it be completely wacky and out of the box?

One more thing, could it be possible to add a search function/ level sharing function because I could see people sharing their levels here :)

8. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

We'll play through all of the levels... Lucky there's not a huge amount of levels made currently. I've got the redbull ready to bring me out of my slothy slumber.

Design tip: Learning new things is very satisfying. However, levels that require too much trial and error is not very fun.

We definitely encourage wacky and out of the box thinking. This level caught us by surprise a few weeks back as it feels like a completely different game (Galaga almost?):

[​IMG]

I agree with the need to share levels, that is something we'll slothily put in. There's a lot of other stuff we'd like to finish up first!

9. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

10. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

This is us after playing all of your levels... There's still a few hours left to submit levels if you're still working on one. We will announce the winners tomorrow. :)

Have a great night and safe halloween weekend (if you celebrate it)

Cheers,
    Brian and Austin from RareSloth

11. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Can anyone help me with level 76?
    I'm sure I am going the correct route, but I can't for the life of me pick up the gold key and make it back to the moving block and up to the next one in time.

12. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Over 150 levels were entered into the contest. Picking only three winners was not an easy task as there were so many creative and fun levels to choose from. Thank you everyone for participating!

The winners will be contacted via e-mail and awarded their iTunes cash.

Winners:
    1st - "Just Dodge" by Makoto (will receive $25 iTunes cash)
    2nd - "A fast shove" by Snowblzr (will receive $15 iTunes cash)
    3rd - "Destroy" by Compakeo (will receive $10 iTunes cash)

Honorable Mention:
    Captain Bunny by Makoto
    Perpetual motion by AberPolaris
    The case by Belly
    Two boxes by Matt33
    There & Back by AberPolaris
    Royal Bunny by Belly

Try the level editor

13. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Wow, I hadn't won any contest for years! Thank you!
    Is perpetual motion the one with a lot of single moving platforms and an iron box? I haven't figured out how to beat that one yet. Hope there will be a search function so that I can try it again.

14. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    #354 Prhaber, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    Congratulations Makoto!

The 'Perpetual Motion' and 'There and Back' levels are mine. Thanks so much to Raresloth for putting them in the list of 'honourable mentions' - Really made my day!

The 'Perpetual Motion' level is the one on the image here...

Attached Files:

15. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Darn, I knew I was in trouble when "Destroy" was one of the favorites in this thread. I thought there wasn't much to that one. It's most likely bias, but I felt mine were higher quality with lots of thought behind them. "A fast shove" had a really cool concept though, I think that one stood out to me the most out of the levels I played.

16. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Thanks Prhaber! Yeah, I found Perpetual Motion afterwards. It's actually not the level I talked about, yet it's more aesthetic than the said one! (the other one seems quite chaostic, or maybe that's just because I messed it up XD) Great job! I also played There and Back some time ago, though I didn't quite remember what it is like until you showed me, either…I really hope there's the function to search for levels or at least a history of the levels played.

To Matt: Just Dodge is actually not my own favorite. One of my favorite of my own levels has only 1 win so far (with more than 100 death) so I guess there are no many people enjoying it… I guess sometimes players just don't feel the same way as the designers do. But at least we still have our right to enjoy our own levels :)
    And you're right, A Fast Shove is absolutely a killer! And I also enjoy Tandem. I think I share some similar idea with its designer.

Btw, how does the award thing work? What should I do to claim it?

17. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Hi Matt,

Yours did have a lot of thought behind them, and were very difficult! You definitely have some expert skill when it comes to this game. It as a close call and hard to make a decision with all of the levels available. Destroy has been one of our favorite levels for some time - so there is some bias on our end as well. Albeit simple, it is and accessible to all skill levels, and brings back an old galaga arcade feel.

18. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Right now with the editor its so easy to skip to the next level... I think if a level is "too hard" players will simply skip it since there is no negative consequence. Or, maybe there needs to be some kind of incentive to coax the player to really want to beat a level. Its a difficult balance and there is all kinds of players that play the game with all kinds of skill levels and preferences. Some players love the action levels while some prefer the more logical "stop and think" levels.

19. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Yeah, I understand. I am more of a stoooooooop and thiiiiiiink player myself, while Matt is exceeding in both thoughts and actions (that time record!). Players can be quite different from each other, yet each one can still have fun in his/her own way. As a casual level maker, I can just make levels of the difficulties and styles I like best, while game designers like RareSloth will have to cover a wider range for all the players.
    Still, I think not being in the winner list doesn't nullify the value of a good level. Several of my favorite, my own or others', just don't show up in the list, but they are still the most enjoyable to me. My judgement isn't changed by RareSloth's (I do appreciate their approval though), vice versa, they have every right to have their own opinions (which happened to be the criteria this time), maybe we don't need to take it too seriously. And I assume that there can be other contests (with somewhat different criteria?) in the future, if our effort and love for this game contributes to its bigger success.

Forgive my big mouth.

About the incentive, I was thinking maybe the Exp gained should be based on its difficulty (win/death rates maybe?) rather than the level of its designer.

20. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Hi Baracus, have you cleared it yet? Level 76 is one of the hardest (if not THE hardest) in the whole game, and I died countless times before finally made it. And I don't seem to be able to beat it again at will right now… maybe Matt will have some advice for you