Furdemption 2 - Rabbits vs. Demons

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RareSloth, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mahrudbingo99

mahrudbingo99 Member

Jan 5, 2016
    It's good to see all the positive feedback on the game. Have you guys considered naming it like Furdemption: The King Rabbit? I kinda think if you were to include the original name somehow people would know that it's a sequel if you know what I mean.

2. Cosmic Badger

Cosmic Badger Well-Known Member

May 10, 2015
    Dublin
    #82 Cosmic Badger, Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    I applied for the beta a week ago but I'm only getting around to installing and playing now.

This game is great! It's already really polished. The graphics are great and the music is nice and relaxing. I loved the little touches such as the water animations and animated menus on level clear. Puzzles are well thought out and kind of act as tutorials as they introduce new mechanics into the fold.

I didn't feel engaged enough to collect all the gold in the level, I was quite content just to finish it but that's just the type of person I am. If you wanted people to spend more time collecting everything then maybe you need to give them more incentive? What do I get if I collect everything, do I get an achievement? Or maybe I unlock something else? If that is the case then maybe that could be a little clearer.

To sum up though it's an awesome and polished game. Could easily spend an afternoon playing this. Well done sir, I'll be taking tips from this on my own project.

3. RareSloth

RareSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

@Mahrudbingo99 - We did consider that... on the other hand its still unfamiliar to those who haven't played the prequel and not localizable. We trust our existing fans will figure it out! :)

@Cosmic - Hey, thanks for the kind words.. I've seen you around on /r/gamedev :). You have to find a certain number of gold in each level pack to be able to progress, its just not as apparent in the beta.

By the way, big fancy update to the beta coming this week! You'll get to play 1 more level pack. :) Only our subscribers get access.

4. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Played for a bit King Rabbit beta. I believe that the change of the name is not a wise choice because all the people know the old name - "Furdemption" and not "King Rabbit" and maybe this will impact sales / downloads.
    However, this change was the only that I didn't like. Overall it's a great sequel ! I liked the music also ! It's now more as complete game than before !
    Well done !

I didn't played all the levels because ...it is spoilers :) :) ha ha. I will play these in final version !!

5. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Hey, thanks for the input and the kind words!

We're pretty confident that our existing fans will take notice with the name change. Over the long-term we're pretty confident the name change is a good move, only time will tell!

Cheers,
    Brian

6. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    This really is an awesome puzzler, just hard enough to challenge you without making you want to toss your phone out the window

Is the game going to sync between devices when released?

7. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Yep! We have iCloud support.

8. paulis

paulis New Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Testing notes

Thanks again - enjoyed testing the new set of levels. Some notes for ya:

* Looks great again! Well done.
    * Like the name change. Sounds like it's short for ***king rabbit. (Intentional?)
    * A couple of bugs - play slows down in a slightly jerky way when you do the carrot hint - near the end I died and the game froze completely. The game also froze once when I switched between apps for a couple seconds - when I came back to KR the music was playing but bunny wouldn't move
    * the "slow downs" work much better than the first demo - nice
    * Compared to the first game the difficulty level seems a bit off - the levels are either quite easy or really hard, no "inbetweeners". Level design still excellent though.
    * found a few secret stepping stones - like this.
    * the only element I didn't like was the black-and-white screen effect when you start the game. Looks a bit underwhelming, and the colour shift makes it less easy to concentrate on your first move (which was a problem on levels where your first move is a life-or-death thing). Aesthetically, too - the colours are so pretty, I want to see them, not the b&w versions.

Thanks again! Looking forward to next sets of levels.
    P

9. paulis

paulis New Member

Feb 11, 2016
    One more thing

Oh - the music is excellent by the way. Really hits the game music sweet spot - repetitive without being irritating. Key thing: I didn't want to turn it down. I have hearing problems so I usually turn music off, but this felt like a key part of the game.

10. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Hi Paulis,

Thanks for your great feedback, you rock!

We're going to check out those bugs to see if we can re-create it. What device were you using?

Cheers,
    Brian

11. paulis

paulis New Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Sorry for late response - was testing on iPad Air 1, using latest iOs - thanks!

12. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

13. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nice trailer !
    To tell you the truth I thought this sequel would come much much later and not so soon! I don't know but you probably make levels quite fast than usual. It depends with the number of developers though but still impressing because Furdemption came 9 months ago with extra stages too on this period.

14. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

:) We love what we do!

15. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Guys! King Rabbit is coming out on Thursday (March 24th)... We are super excited to have you all play it.

Want a reminder when its ready to download? Click here.

Here is our presskit.

[​IMG]

16. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    I have to admit something

I was one of those guys that felt that furdemption was just worth my time. I watched people gawk over it when it came out. I watched ones fall in love and boast about it. When the competition for the level building came out, again it blew up here in the forums. Today, I bit the proverbial bullet, downloaded the game cause hey it's free right? Why not and I am so much in love with this game! I can't put it down. I can't stop trying to beat the levels. To get higher scores! The level building editor will be a dream come true if it comes with the game when it releases! And I am definitely looking into buying it once it comes out this week. ( gotta talk my wife into it haha)
    Thank you so much for putting time and effort into such an amazing game and I'm sorry for being one of the people who didn't understand the hype until now!

17. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I recently picked up Furdemption while it was free. I am not necessarily a cheapskate; mainly, I'm just not huge into puzzle games. But I do enjoy action puzzles from time to time, and this has been a fun ride so far! The twitch aspects involved are a nice touch.

With that said, I manly wanted to let you know that I will be buying King Rabbit when it gets released.

I like the idea of releasing it at $.99 (with additional iaps), especially from a marketing point of view. You should have a lot of ppl, like myself, who would typically not buy a $3.00-$5.00 puzzle game, but at the same time, don't mind spending a buck to see if its something they 'may' like and then can decide to get more cozy with it from there.

I hope this pricing model works out for you!

18. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Oh man.. the feels. Thanks Kimchisoju.

19. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Thank you for trying it out. Think you can beat it before Thursday? ;)

20. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Oh man I can't wait! Bought the first one on day one and still playing today! Just love it! Cmon 24th!