Furdemption 2 - Rabbits vs. Demons

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RareSloth, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RareSloth

RareSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

The beta has been released! Looking forward to your feedback. :)

2. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    #62 modus_ataraxia, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    Double checking to make sure I'm on the list.

Edit: I am. Waiting for testflight build now. ;)

3. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

#63 RareSloth, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    edit: Testing is live! :)

4. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I have to be honest, I hate the change to f2p

5. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

We appreciate the honesty. Which part of the change do you hate? Do you have something constructive you feel we could improve or do you hate the whole F2P model based on principle?

Best,
    Brian

6. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I don't like the purchasing of in game currency "diamonds" I would rather pay full price and then you know, optional IAP for more levels etc. I am a premium only gamer and the worst F2p trappings in my opinion are in game currency,timers, and extra lives.

7. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

You don't have to purchase any diamonds, you'll still be able to complete the game without buying them. Speaking of which!!

[​IMG]

8. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    I don't think it too bad I've seen worse free 2 play it very fair free 2 play maybe bit too fair

9. mahrudbingo99

mahrudbingo99 Member

Jan 5, 2016
    First off, I have played all of the levels released today, so here are my impressions.

Pros

- The new visual design is nice.
    - The new puzzle elements keep the puzzle solving engaging. I like the new switches and the teleport holes, which even require a bit of thought since you can only go into it a certain direction which is cool.
    - The length of each level pack is also pretty good in my opinion. If this is going to be a part of your monetization scheme, then it would be cool if like each pack was 99 cents or something like that.

Cons

- The IAP are pretty steep. I would have liked to see a unlimited hints pack for like 4.99 like some other puzzle games do. I see you can buy unlimited slowdowns for 4.99, but you should also do something similar for the hints packs.

Overall, I loved the first game and this one seems to be shaping up well. The new gameplay elements all worked well in my playtime as I didn't run into any bugs. I'm also not opposed to your switch to free to play like some people, I just think maybe you should rework the prices of the IAP a little bit.

Continue the great work, Steven!

10. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

11. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Does anyone know of someone that speaks Japanese that could help with translations?

Cheers,
    Brian

P.S. There are over 200 beta testers! Thanks for trying it out.

12. paulis

paulis New Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Beta thoughts

Thanks for letting me test this! I adored the first game, and recommend it to everyone I can. It's probably one of the the best IOS games I've played, although I'm not a big gamer. (To give you an idea of my taste, my other favourites were I Am Level, Threes, and 1,000,000,000.)

Anyway, thoughts on your beta:

* The design is just as lovely as the first. I love the way the trees shimmy when you bump into them.
    * For some reason it really tickled me that the wooden crates and metal boxes react in the exact opposite way to the first game
    * Very satisfied when I first realised the green goo changes form when it shoots through fire
    * The rabbit is still a very charismatically nonchalant protagonist - the Rabbit With No Name
    * Glad you can turn the blood off, so it's easier to share the game with younger kids - I played with my niece, who's 7, and she loved the game
    * On that point - I'd love a *deliberately easy* set of levels that younger children could play - the difficulty level of the later stages on the first game was much too high for my niece
    * Level-design-wise, the levels didn't feel quite as tight and tidy as the first game - there were monsters and holes on the peripheries of play that I couldn't interact with, and I couldn't tell if they were there as "atmosphere" or if I was missing a secret path
    * Love the music, catchy but not annoying
    * The levels all seemed easier than the first game, with the exception of Part 2, Level 16, which took me an AGE to figure out. Was really happy when I did it though.
    * The in-app purchases are a bit dispiriting, but they don't seem to interfere with the gameplay, so I'll allow you that one
    * Couldn't really tell what the diamonds were for - I figured it out eventually, but it wasn't naturally intuitive
    * The "slowdown" option didn't seem massively different to the regular game
    * Great idea with the carrots/level solutions - but 22.99 for 100 seems a bit steep

* Overall - lots of fun. Can't wait for more levels and a full game.
    Cheers,
    Paul

13. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Thank you for your feedback! Good points!

14. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

15. mahrudbingo99

mahrudbingo99 Member

Jan 5, 2016
    Well I have officially gotten all coins on every level now. Also, I think you might have said this before, but will there be more powerups for your character (Like the big hell bunny?)

16. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Sorry Thai is my first post in this thread but I was wondering does IAPs cost you money in a beta testing game?

17. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Great game,
    A d pad control will be well come, and this is a great game I can't wait to add it to my collection
    Sorry for my late feed back- I did not have the time to test the game in time.
    By the way if some one to reinvent Mario , that's the way to go

18. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

We do want to add more items and powers ;)

19. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Nope, they are free! You probably won't need them in the beta though.

20. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze