Furdemption 2 - Rabbits vs. Demons

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RareSloth, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Everything here. If you do decide to go with an Unlimited Lives IAP, feel free to charge whatever you see fit and don't feel pressured into pricing it a couple of bucks.

2. RareSloth

RareSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

A heartfelt thank you to everyone who has provided feedback!

We will not be doing a lives system. We agree that experimentation is a core part of the game and it would be wrong to throttle that.

^ Yes! Thank you for your input and the best wishes. For now we won't be adding the level editor to the sequel so that we can focus on making the sequel great. One tricky thing about paid expansions is that players beat the content often faster than we can release new content. By the time we release an expansion, a lot of players have already moved onto something else... We aren't going to allow skipping levels in the sequel so that should drag out the fun a little longer. ;)

^ You're right about lives. We just have to make the game good enough so that free players will want to pay for expansions!

^ Thank you for your understanding. You're awesome. <3

^ You're absolutely right about the lives... We decided not to do them!

^ We feel the same way about IAP!

^ Thanks for your input! :)

^ That would be pretty cool and we are willing to do that... The problem is trying to figure out how to verify that you have bought Furdemption, and then the cost of time. It is possible though I think with an update to Furdemption 1 that provides you some kind of unique code... I will talk to Austin about it.

^ Thank you for being understanding about going free. We think you're right about lives, they would be punishing... We're not going to do them!

^ Thank you! <blush> Good to know, thank you for your feedback.

^ Infinite lives for everyone! Thats great to know you would have paid for the Widows Den expansion. :)

^ Down with the lives system!

^ No problem and thank you! :)

^ Thank you... We are strongly considering the charging for level packs.

---

Phew. Thank you so much for providing your insights... We will keep you guys updated and in the meantime if you have any more feedback let us know. :)

Slothily,

Brian from RareSloth

3. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    I am glad you're willing to work on this. Considering that the sequel is going to be available to everyone for free, and will likely include more content and concepts than the original paid version had, I'm sure your existing supporters will appreciate the gesture. :)

Of course, I trust your judgment on how to handle it.

4. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

I do want to do something special for the older fans, but it probably won't make it in the initial release just to be clear. We're already weeks behind schedule!

5. mahrudbingo99

mahrudbingo99 Member

Jan 5, 2016
    It's so awesome that you guys listen to the fans. I like the idea about the removal of adds for a set price, and unlimited hints etc. Even if you charged like say 2.99 for these that still would be pretty cheap considering the amount of content you guys give us.

6. Robbie1350

Robbie1350 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    When can I beta test this game

7. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

We don't know when we'll open it up for testing, but we'll choose a small group from our Mailing list this time. If you want to be a part of the mailing list, you can signup here.

Cheers!
    Brian

8. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

A roasting rabbit... Projectiles that fly over a fireplace turn into fireballs!

[​IMG]

9. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

#49 RareSloth, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
    When testing Furdemption 1, we had an overwhelming amount of beta testers. This time, we’re having a closed beta for those people on our mailing list. There’s still time to subscribe as we won’t start testing until early February. We will reveal the first few level packs to our beta testers. We are still exclusively iOS, sorry Android people! Our engine restricts us to iOS – both a blessing and a curse.

The story of the sequel:

We’ve always been a fan of the games that leave most of the game story up for interpretation. We love games with strong gameplay above all. You can see how our games are typically light on the story. Nonetheless, here is a short bit of story behind Furdemption 2:

The King Bunny is finally flying home after finally finding enough feathers in Furdemption – A Quest for Wings. The King arrives to a warm embrace at his Castle in the forest. He quickly realizes that all has not been well in the castle since his disappearance. The under-creatures have been capturing his bunny people – torturing them and using them for food.

Distressed, the King Bunny asks his castle blacksmith to craft him a special set of crowns to use against his arch-enemies. Guide the King on his dangerous journey through the Forest, Dark Forest, and Hell.

Furdemption 2 Features:

• Tons of new items and skins
    • New music for levels
    • Fresh level designs
    • New themes to enjoy
    • Same great gameplay style

What do we need help with?

• Most importantly, we want your brutally honest feedback. Give us your unfiltered thoughts on our TouchArcade thread.
    • Try to break the game. Try to do a lot of weird swipes and quick taps that you might not normally do during regular gameplay. Usually there’s a few little bugs that are rare edge-case phenomenons. We want the game to be rock solid and bug-free. Be as sensitive as possible to any “weirdness” you might discover, and let us know!
    • Give us your ratings on the levels using a 1-5 star system. 1 being the worst, 5 being the best. We want to get a good feel on which levels you love the most.

Thank you

Nearly 7 years cumulative time has been spent playing Furdemption 1. That fact blows us away. We realize that we can’t do this game thing without our fans, you guys inspire us to keep making games – thank you.

Note: we can’t guarantee that every subscriber will get access. We want to keep this beta small and efficient, so we won’t be able to invite every subscriber.

10. mahrudbingo99

mahrudbingo99 Member

Jan 5, 2016
    Can you guys post when you send out the beta invites? Your emails always end up in my junk folders for some reason lol

11. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Sure thing - I'll let you know here.

Cheers,
    Brian

12. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Spent all day on this wall tileset... Hope you like the improvement for the Hell theme :)

[​IMG]

13. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Spent all day bashing a rabbits' head into trees to test this tree animation. This is my life.

[​IMG]

14. FRACTURES

FRACTURES Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Looks cool. Maybe his crown could slip a bit?

15. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Thanks Fractures, good feedback! :)

Cheers,
    Brian

16. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

17. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Looking good, I still haven't managed to complete the first.

18. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

:O How far did you get?

19. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

#59 RareSloth, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  20. mahrudbingo99

mahrudbingo99 Member

Jan 5, 2016