Funny iTunes Message

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by LBG, May 7, 2009.

1. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Anyone seen this?

What were Apple thinking? lol

[​IMG]

2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    #2 yourofl10, May 7, 2009
    Last edited: May 7, 2009
    Wow even that they would think of putting that in there is a epic fail in its self.

Edit:

DANG IT!!!!!! gotta take off itunes :( I was making nukes with itunes...... dang it.
    Fine I admit it Apple you got me! -_-........ :mad:

3. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Well... that leaves me out:rolleyes:

Since you're from England, does that mean you're allowed to make nuclear weapons from iTunes?

4. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Well, now you speak of it, I have actually chucked a couple of iPhones and Macs into a blender and out popped a nuke. Fear me Apple, Fear me.... lol :D

5. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

I love that. It's been there for years and we've all been agreeing to it every time we update iTunes.

6. Eric5h5

Eric5h5 Well-Known Member

I've seen that in a lot of EULAs. Pretty standard stuff, though it's really thrown a wrench into my plans for constructing a fleet of nuclear missiles and taking over the world.

--Eric

7. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    You can check the iTunes Store Terms and Conditions, and regardless of country, you are forbidden to use iTunes as a means to violate US law.

Now, I can't think of a hypothetical situation in which I would be using iTunes in a manner that is considered illegal by US law, but legal under Canadian law, but should I find myself in that scenario, I would be subject to Canadian law. I cannot be tried by the US legal industry as I am not a US citizen nor am I situated within US borders. US prosecutors could apply for an extradition order if my activity was somehow adversely affecting someone or something in US.

My point is, I suppose, that including such information in the terms and conditions is rather pointless because actual laws nullify the significance of these conditions. It is clearly in there to absolve them of any accountability just in case someone rents Fight Club and hears;

[​IMG]

Or in more likely scenarios; it provides a legal spacer between Apple and media in the store that encourages drinking and driving, shooting police officers, etc. Stuff like that.

8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

You don't read very many EULA's do you?

9. tonysfavourite

tonysfavourite Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    srsly... can someone tell me how can itunes help me manfacturing a biological weapon? :O

10. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    iFart

11. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

No... Does anyone? It's complete common sense. If it's open source and you republish it, you have to give credit and open source your code. If it's not, don't modify it, redistribute it, or use it for anything but it's intended purpose. I read the whole GPL one day, and that solved me reading most things for a while. ;)