iPad fun with G-Force

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Kumulus, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    #1 Kumulus, Nov 13, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
    I bought this game some time ago, when the steering was still flawed (see arns frontpage review) and must admit now: it became a really good game in the meantime. update 1.1 removed the flawed physics and then it got really good with 1.2, which just arrived.

you can now adjust the accelerometer sensitivity and the developer added a complete new difficulty setting with 25 new levels. this easy mode is great for cruising around in the large caves and actually really fun. the first time since the purchase i really enjoyed playing the game today. it improved alot.

and most importantly: the bug is removed that your ship was instantly destroyed, when you didnt held the device in an exact horizontal position while launching.

like i said before....i really had fun today playing and corrected my appstore review from 3 to 5 stars.

with the updates this game turned from being barely playable and frustrating to one of the best games on my ipod and the developer really seems to care about the game, so get it if you like these games.

2. davidhenry114

davidhenry114 Active Member

Nov 4, 2008
    I concur G-Force has gotten much better from update 1.1 to 1.2. I did not buy until 1.1 so I don't know the initial problems, but it is definitely worth $1.99. I've payed a lot more for much worse and unoriginal games. This game is original and fun.

3. darwiniandude

darwiniandude Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Agreed, I really love this game now. My first lunar lander type game I enjoyed was on a Mac Plus.

G-Force is just great, I didn't know there was a 3rd update, downloading it now.

4. Kumulus

Nov 1, 2008
    speaking of lunar lander....i'm really wondering, why g-force is the only game like this out there on the iphone. i really love such games and some alternatives would be great, because g-force won't last forever, even if it is pretty cool right now.

so it seems that i must hope, that the dev will add more levels later on.

5. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Just tried the lite version and I must say I love this game. There must be more games like this, preferably with more polish.

6. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I'm glad the dev did a lite version. This isn't really my cup-o-tea. It seems like a well made game, but not one I'd get too into. I'm keeping an eye out for whatever he's making next.

7. olivier

olivier Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Hello,
    i'm glad that you like it after all theses updates.I'm still working on it making new levels with some new stuff and traps :)
    regards
    olivier

8. Kumulus

Nov 1, 2008
    hi there olivier,

i do still enjoy your game and every update so far made the game better, so i'm really looking forward to the next one. i already got my moneys worth and everything additional from now on is greatly appreciated!

cheers

9. olivier

Nov 18, 2008
    I have still some ideas on the paper than i want to see in the game :).

An little question : Do you find the game too hard?

10. darwiniandude

darwiniandude Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    I like it as it is now... it was too hard to start with, but now it's a good level of challenge IMO.

Although, I've not played it to completion, so I can't judge if later levels are difficult or not.

Oliver, just a thought... the titlescreen isn't that great looking IMO.

Rest of the game is awesome though :)

11. olivier

Nov 18, 2008
    hello,
    yes you right for the titlescreen but i have still some work on the game itself. i want make original levels.so i don't know if i will find the time to update it for now.

12. Kumulus

Nov 1, 2008
    the levels are nicely balanced imho and they offer a lot of variety. but definitely not to hard... even if you are only a casual gamer it should be manageable.

easy is great for cruising around and getting used to the controls.......the hard mode is then a nice challenge afterwards.

i'm really looking forward to new levels and i'm already eager to see what you'll come up with.

13. olivier

Nov 18, 2008
    Great i was afraid about that.
    thanx for your interest

14. lasse

lasse Member

Nov 30, 2008
    great game!
    bought it yesterday and i like it very much. to me the best game on the iphone so far.
    but the space ship gets a bit stuck. you need a bit more thrust to move it sideways. but once you get used to it, it's no problem anymore. if you would fix that, probably the people who have already bought this game would have problems to change over to the new movement...^^

so i'm looking forward to new levels too! (5 stars btw)

15. olivier

Nov 18, 2008
    Thanx.
    I'm adding it to my "todo" list who is already full :)
    well i don't know if all will be added in the next update.
    but i will do my best.

16. olivier

Nov 18, 2008
  17. Kumulus

Nov 1, 2008
    did you ever think about different ships to choose from? ah, well......unfortunately that would probably be too much for an update, but if you ever program a sequel ...;)

screens look nice btw.

18. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Interesting.

Is this similar to that free rollercoaster app? Anyone know what I'm talking about?

PSST! This was my 100th post, by the way. I'm a senior member! :)

19. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Congrats on becoming a senior citiz... err.. member! :p

Anyway, I've always thought of getting this game but apparently there are lots of grammar errors in the game and that sort of scares me :S

20. Kumulus

Nov 1, 2008
    grammar errors? are you sure you are in the right thread here? there is barely any text in this game

and @ chase: what rollercoaster app ? o_O