Universal FullBlast! By Antonio Calo

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by rIcHrAnDoM, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    Hi,

Long time since last post :)

Well, I just want to let you know that we are preparing an update with some minor bug fixes, a couple of new bosses and we will move towards the freemium, so expect the classic "stuff" here, ads, videoads and IAPs.

People who bought the game will enjoy the game free from "stuff", the rest will "enjoy" a free game like the rest of games :)

2. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Thanks for the warning at least. Sorry that I won't be enjoying the game with new boss'es. For what its worth I would have gladly paid for any new content without it going freemium.

3. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    Well, people who bought the game (or will buy before update) will still enjoy the game as it is, with no ads and nothing (all the freemium content will be blocked), they will notice no difference.
    New players or people who don't want to buy the game will "suffer" the "mobile model" that every game includes.

We went to the premium route and it didn't worked, the sales were extremely low, so we have to do like the rest of devs. Sadly this is how mobile market wants things done.

4. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I understand completely and unfortunately I'm in the minority who are willing to pay outright for more game content. But like you say at least I've the original game.

5. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    In such case the update will give you the new bosses and nothing will change for you, the game will be the same (the gameplay will not be affected by the freemium stuff), so fear not :)

6. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Hi there! since yo uare going this route, and understandably so, may i suggest you take a look at Sky Force 2014's freemium model? Completely free, but with a lot of grinding. If you want to eliminate grinding, there is the "doubler" IAP which essentially gives the premium experience. Deep Loot is another game exactly like this, and they both seem to be successful! Freemium done right -> leading to premium.

Wishing you all the best with the new build!

7. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Ah, I see. Well then thank you for that. Much appreciated!:)

8. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Just for the record I made the purchase. Not all of us like the freemium model. I will always pay up front for a game. Especially when you see an active dev that cares about their work.

It's really bad that the freemium model is needed. I don't get why people want everything for free. Devs and their families have to eat too and it's not easy coding. You all know that one bug you just can't figure out and that won't go away and is so aggravating lol

Billy

9. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    Thanks a lot for buying the game!!!!

Well, we decided to take the hard route, which is the release of a "demo" with an IAP to unlock the full game, and nothing else, no ads, no iaps to suck money for nothing.

Sadly it didn't worked and since the release back in october 2014 we've made less than 200 purchases in total, which makes us to believe that our next game will be freemium and full of shit just like the rest.

10. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    Yay!!!!, the new release is available, go and enjoy the 2 new bosses plus lots of minor fixes :)

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I really do love the game. The update is working perfectly. As I paid I have not seen any freemium stuff. So fear not and update :).

To the devs,

You guys really are awesome. I'm not saying that to kiss ass. I mean it. You guys clearly care about your work and you can read the anguish it took to go freemium. I get it. I think a lot of the problem is the App Store itself. I had need ever heard of your game until someone in another game and thread told me about full blast. And here we are. Thank you for not making us have the freemium stuff.

Billy

12. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    Thanks a lot :)

The game is still the same as before we didn't added any freemium content yet, it's a tough change and we are still looking at ways to do it.

Probably we will leave the game as it is and use this experience for the next game, to make sure that one will be full of the actual shit everyone loves, you know, coins to purchase things, ads, ads everywhere :D, etc, etc

13. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Something weird has been happening since the update. Everytime I take a hit the screen is instantly jumping. The ship disappears and then the whole screen can shift left or right. It's bothering my eyes. Anyone else notice this? If not I will delete and reinstall and see if that does it.

Billy

14. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    That is indeed a bug, fixing it right now and sending update to apple in a few hours.
    My apologies for the inconvenient :(

15. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    Update published!!!!, hopefully no more bugs :)

16. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    Hi there!!!, FullBlast is on sale!!! 50% off, now it's your time to wipe all aliens and return peace to earth :)

17. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Don't know how I've missed this one. But I'm download now to give it a try I love a good old school style shooter :)

18. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    New update fixing some reported bugs :) and adding free stuff to play, yay!!!!!

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Unfortunately I'm still getting the bug where the ship wigs put when moving and taking a hit.

iPhone 5s running iOS 8.3

Billy

20. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    Are you saying that you have the same exact bug as before?, when you get hit the screen moves?, because that one was fixed previously and right now I've tested the game on an ipad and an iphone6 with no issues at all :confused: