Universal FullBlast! By Antonio Calo

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by rIcHrAnDoM, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    #81 Eskema, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
    Awesome news!!!!! apple approved the update!!!

Here's what's in this update:

-a new boss on level 10
    -new explosion effects
    -new powerups, all icons have been replaced and they are more easy to spot
    -iCade enabled
    -Faster loading times, between 1 and 2 seconds faster than before
    -Small fixes and other bugs reported and fixed.

I'm anxious to hear your feedback about the new changes :)

2. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    The newest update makes the game playable without any crashes.:)
    Noticed the new explosions right away. What's the powerup with the orange spikes btw? Didn't look favorable so avoided it. Had only a few minutes (maybe more) to try out but all seems fine with the game but for one thing.

Only problem was that when tapping onto the scoreboard icon Game Center crashes, it will show up for only a second. When I tap onto the Achievement icon it will load the achievements fine and tried to tap onto the scoreboard tab that way and it will again show me the scores but only for a second before crashing.

Aside from that it plays great!! Really glad to play this on my main device now. Thanks for coming through Dev, you've got one terrific game!

3. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain

The orange spike ball is our old friend the "power down", and it worked, you avoided the danger heheheh, so mission acomplished, now people can avoid power downs because the new powerups rocks!!! hehehe.

About gamecenter, what iOS version and device do you have?, didn't noticed anything on my ipads nor my iphone4S (none of them have iOS 8, still on iOS 7)

4. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    iPad 4 using 7.1 version. Just tried it again and same problem.
    Really, I'm just glad to be playing the game but thought to mention the GameCenter problem I was having. Not a big deal in my book.

5. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    Interesting, I played on my ipad3 retina with 7.0.4 no problems at all, also tested my ipad air 1 with 8.0 and it works :confused: really annoying, I will try to research more info about it

6. That is some sweet looking graphics!

7. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    We're still working on the new bosses, and it's time to present the second boss.

The eurypterus,

[​IMG]

Hopefully his 3 cannons will turn him into a real badass!!

P.D: in the meantime another update is on its way fixing a bug in level4, plus (hopefully) fixing the gamecenter issues

8. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i just gave this one a try, being sick of the freemiumness of Gemini Strike, and i spent 5 very satisfying minutes on the first stage! I want to ask, has anyone finished all the stages? How long would it take on average, and was the overall experience worth it?

On the plus side, i see the dev here interacting and working on more content, so i'm allready half-sold! :)

9. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    The game length assuming you don't die will be around 1.4h
    The normal average is 2hours - 2.30hours.

Besides you have 3 levels to test the game before buy :)

10. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Thank you for the quick reply! Since it's a bit on the short side, how is the replayability? Also, are there plans for any modes like endless, or RPG-ish permanent upgrades or unlockable planes? I love upgrades and unlockables, gives me reason to replay games :)

11. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    This game is an arcade like the old classics, so the length is perfect. It's not a game to play a week to beat the game, it was created for short sessions :)
    As the levels and the enemies are random you will be playing a new game each time, you cannot predict the positions :)

We don't have planned any modes at all, the next update will include 2 new bosses, and that will close the game. Later we might include new levels based on the feedback and the sales.

The replay factor is exactly the same as other games, for me this kind of games are perfect to play from time to time (let's say a couple of times per week). For example I still play 1943, the game has NO replay value but I enjoy playing from time to time.

12. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Hi
    I just downloaded and then bought the game, as I thought it was pretty good.
    At first I was dismayed that it didn't had relative touch controls as default, but then found the option to enable that.

However, relative touch doesn't work at all!
    When I move my finger, even just a little bit, the ship is all over the place, even on lowest sensitivity it's uncontrollable.

That really kind of sucks, as relative touch really is the only way to control a shmup on a touchscreen.

Is this something you'll be fixing in a update?

13. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    Interesting, I didn't noticed anything wrong with relative controls, I will take a look again, and if they don't work as expected, then the answer is yes, I will fix them.
    Can you tell me what's your device?

I only use the default controls, and none of my testers reported anything wrong with the relative :confused:

14. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    It's me again, after playing by myself (I have to admit, I never tested the relative controls, I hate those kind of controls) I found that the relative control sucked so much.

So I've added some love and test and now the relative control behave pretty much like cave games, no need to say that I will upload a new version as soon as possible, I can only apologise for such crappy control :(

Thanks to everybody for your feedback, I'm really glad to work with you guys :)

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks, i was waiting for an update.

For shooters relative touch is the best control option there is (Look at the 'big' shooters like Cave etc).

Once the update arrives i'll be playing this much more

16. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    I'm cannot promise when the update will be live, specially with all the delays regarding to apple, but I will post here as soon as it's live.

Maybe I will delay a bit the "controls patch", in order to release at the same time the 2 new bosses, that way it will not be just a mere patch update.
    My expected date to upload the new bosses is next week, so maybe I will pack all together :)

17. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    Apple approved the update, so no more level 4 crashes. Maybe it will take a few hours to be synced worldwide :)

And yet we are still working on the 2 bosses + the new relative controls, be patient!!!

18. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
  19. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    I have finished all the stages, it was totally worth it!! This game is sick! It's very much from the old school but with some modern graphical flourishes. The game is quite difficult and was a real challenge for me. (And that was on Easy difficulty, mind you.) The asking price is an incredible bargain.

20. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    Hi,

We've just released a small update to fix some issues regarding the purchase included.
    Besides I've also added the new relative controls, please, if you plan to use the relative controls, adjust the sensibility, as the system changed, if you don't move the slider the controls won't work as expected.
    So, even if you leave the slider on the same position, you have to move it once (unless it's a first time install)