Universal FullBlast! By Antonio Calo

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by rIcHrAnDoM, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    Hi,

while we are still waiting for apple to approve the update to fix all bugs, I thought it could be a good idea to share a video preview of the icade running the game on my ipad :)

2. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    #62 garbul, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    Hey, I signed up on Gamasutra just to reply to your blog post. It won't let me submit a comment, so I pasted it here. All the best.

Alex,

First of all thank you for FullBlast. It's an amazing indie game. I am one of the 93 who bought your unlock, and I would've paid a lot more to be honest, 4.99 would have been reasonable. When I saw this article my heart sank, because you can clearly see the passion you guys put into this. I mean, it's a sweet game. The boss at the end was a great thrill. While the numbers are not what you'd like them to be, I hope that we can be some small consolation to your team. That not all mobile gamers are cheap !*(#($ who shove their face with lattes but can't support developers.

Also thanks for listening to our feedback on Touch Arcade.

I hope you don't pull the game from iOS or anything, it's a gem. Whatever you do, don't give up, you guys have a lot of talent and I look forward to seeing more stuff from you.

3. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    We are doing some changes (in fact already published on android), that will come to ios in future updates, plus of course icade is ready and the 2 enemies are on its way :)

If our new changes won't add, then we'll have no other choice than turn this into a free game crowed with ads and IAPs which seems what mobile people wants. Of course we'll keep the unlock payment, people who pay won't suffer ads hehehe.

And well, still waiting for apple to approve the patch to fix all the bugs, and more updates will come later :)

4. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Hey All. To me its so action packed and beautiful for it not to be. It wuz confirmed by these cool Devs that if more players asked for it to be included it could be a possibilty. So would anyone else be interest or super stoked for Full Blast to include Everyplay?

5. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I couldn't believe it when I read the blog post either. Seriously, 93 sales? There's GOTTA be more than 93 of us on TA that love these kinda games. I guess as a gamer, sometimes you don't think about what's going on on the other side of the game. Personally, I guess I just assume, "Man, this is a great game, they must be making a killing on it!" When in all actuality, I couldn't be more wrong. I guess the blog pretty much opened my eyes a little. Just because I think a game is good, doesn't really mean it's selling well. I know I personally will keep this in mind especially with Indie games and I'll try to do my part by spreading the word a little more if the game deserves it. I try to at least post a little something something on the TA forums if I'm digging a game or not but that's usually the end of it. I've been a huge gamer since I was a little one and I guess I've taken things for granted a little and I'm sorry for that.

NOEN

6. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    #66 Eskema, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    we listen to ALL feedback, either from forums or directly to any of our email accounts, ufo gmail or info ufocrash bla bla .com, more details on the website.

And if there's enough interest and we consider that can add value to the game we will add it on a future release, for example besides iCade, people asked for MFI controllers, and we are evaluating the effort to add that on future releases :)

For example, right now on android they have a bunch of details that iOS users don't (because of the slow process of reviewing that apple has), changes on the UI to fit better the overall style, difficulty modified, controls adjusted a bit (relative I'm talking to you), all bugs fixed, etc.
    And besides all those minor things right now we are changing the explosions of the ships for a more spectacular one (based on the feedback received), plus the 2 new enemies will add new boss fights, be prepared guys, you're gonna hate me for the new 2 bosses hahahaha.

7. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    #i got nothing but love for ya baby#
    Bring it!!!

8. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I wasn't expecting to see more people from SceneBeta here. I'm sure I've also seen Copete23.

9. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    Quite an evolution, isn't it? hehehehe

10. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    Finally, apple took its time, but the update is live, go for it!!!!! this update fixes almost all bugs. Stay tuned for the big update with the new enemies + icade :)

11. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Fun game. Gonna purchase the full game. Any possibility of getting more GC achievements added? Five is better than none I suppose, but plenty of possibilities to add loads more.

12. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    If you have suggestions for achievements let us know, we listen to all feedback. Right now there's no plan to include more, but like I said if you have suggestions to create more let us know :)

13. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    Finally it's about time to show one of the new baddies!!!!

[​IMG]

Let me introduce the "mite", I don't gonna tell you about his attacks, I can only tell you that this will be a boss in some levels, and I hope it will be a hard fight hehehehe.

14. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    Just want to let you know that we've submitted a new update to apple (5 days minimum to be approved), with the following:

-a new boss on level 10
    -new explosion effects
    -new powerups, all icons have been replaced and they are more easy to spot :)
    -iCade enabled
    -Faster loading times, between 1 and 2 seconds faster than before
    -Small fixes and other bugs reported

15. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    AWESOME!!! can't wait!!!!

16. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Updated. Levels 10 and 11 crashed after the popup screen saying "they were tough ones" but one boss was still flying around.
    Doesn't sound like the update fixed anything but prolonging the crash till at least the end of the levels instead of at the beginning. Or was this one of the bugs "almost" fixed.:rolleyes:

17. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    #77 Eskema, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    Sadly due the "awesome apple review speed", this update was not fixing all the bugs, the update really fixes the old level 7-11 crash, which was a crash on level start. But this is a new bug that we've discovered later and we preferred to not delay any further the update by canceling and reuploading :(

The update submitted on saturday will fix all bugs :)

18. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Really enjoying this and would recommend to any fans of the schmup genre

19. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Thanks for the response. Good to know your on top of things. Its a really good game to play on the iPad (and the Nexus 7) so hoping the upcoming update will fix those bugs.

20. quebecotr

quebecotr Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Male
    Retired teacher
    Milwaukee, WI
    #80 quebecotr, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
    Just gave this a try. I couldn't wait to push that Buy button. You got yourselves another sale, one of many I hope, as word spreads in the TA community.
    This is one gorgeous and excellent game. Two bucks ? A steal! This belongs on the iPhone of anyone who enjoys top down shooters.

Best of luck with continued success in sales volume.

Gotta go and play now...