Universal FullBlast! By Antonio Calo

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by rIcHrAnDoM, Oct 10, 2014.

1. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Congrats to the devs.

Same here, played through the first level and bought. Art direction is superb, really enjoying the 3D and the camera panning. The cheesy dialogue is great. Metal soundtrack is a nice touch.
    My only complaint? Those Facebook and Twitter buttons are really an eyesore. If they must be included, at least give them the sci-fi look of the other buttons.

2. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    Thanks a lot, we'll replace those buttons to have the same look'n feel than the rest of UI :)

3. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Thanks for listening!! :)

This game is EPIC. I am definitely enjoying it more than Gemini Strike so far. This is a BARGAIN for $2.

I turned on 4x AA on my iPhone 5 and the game is still as smooth as silk. Although, I did crash after starting the 3rd level. Devs, I can paste my crash log here if that helps. I had just restarted my phone to try out the 4x AA, so I don't think I was low memory.

Also one question... so I like how the negative powerups are red, but sometimes I will get a weapon powerup that is a downgrade. For example I'll from 4 shot orange, to a crummy 2 shot orange. Is that intentional? I'm trying to stare down the icon of the powerup but it seems a bit random.

4. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Just played through the first level and I must say, this is a damn fine shmup. What a pleasant surprise.

5. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    #25 Eskema, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
    I really have to apologize for the crashes, I'm really ashamed :(

About the crashes I'm aware and working on an update to fix them as soon as possible.
    Hopefully next week we will submit the update to apple.

The power up shouldn't work that way, I will check that too.
    There are 2 types of weapon, the 3 way and the "normal" that can be upgraded up to 4 shots plus later it will add missiles as well.

6. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Don't be ashamed man, this game is almost perfect!!!

I just played through again and I think what I noticed is going from the fully upgraded 4 shot with missiles to a 3 way. (so, nevermind the 2 shot comment, I haven't reproduced that)

7. Grimstone82

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    There is no reason to be ashamed. You've created an AMAZING game, and it really stands apart from most of the shmups out there which says an awful lot. So it has some bugs... at least you are here, actively working with us which is more than we can ask for. We love supporting devs like you, and we are very forgiving when devs are active with the community. Seriously man, be proud of what you've created. And from the bottom of my heart- thank you for this wonderful game! Cheers bud!

8. tucho

tucho Member

Hi guys, it's Tucho, the artist behind FullBlast, I'm pleasantly surprised of so many kind comments about our game, I'm glad you like it, you really encourage us to give our best on FullBlast, thanks a lot! :)

9. Grimstone82

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    I love it! And the art style is absolutely superb! This just might be my current favorite shmup :)

10. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Great game, but confused? Bought the game, the unlock is still present and asking me to buy the game again? Bug?

11. inthismoment07

inthismoment07 Active Member

Aug 12, 2014
    This is an awesome smup. For 1.99 it's a total steal. Buy it now.

12. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    Never seen that before, in theory if the buy button is still present is because apple denied the purchase. I will look into it just in case.

13. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    No, when I push the purchase button, I go through the whole purchase sequence, then I get the message that I already purchased the game. It doesn't affect anything though. For informational purposes, I have a iPad 3 and am using ios 7.12.

14. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    After the purchase and assuming that everything went ok (just as you said) you can take a look at the options screen, there's a restore button.
    My ipad 3 uses the same ios version, never seen that kind of bug before :(

15. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I was going to take a screenshot, but it's gone now. So, who knows? It never crashed though. So all is good. Maybe it was an App Store thing. I've been reading of some problems on their end with updates not registering. It's all good. :)

16. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    Apple is failing a lot recently, due the release of ios8, the iphone6 and the upcoming yosemite, their servers are giving us a lot of weird errors.
    This morning I was unable to test gamecenter at all

17. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Hey guys,

If you are looking for any suggestions on new features, I would love to see more weapon upgrades. That's one of the best things about a shmup for me -- seeing how far you can get with the weaponry is very addicting.

Also, maybe a bonus powerup that protects your weaponry for *1* death. So if you die you keep the weapon upgrades. Other games I've played have used a lucky charm icon for this.

Really enjoying playing! Thanks for an awesome game!!

18. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    #39 Coldar, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
    Played great till today now I enter a level it will crash. Didn't do that the first time I bought it as I progressed. Since I reached level 6 all levels now crash. Will have to wait till the update to continue any play.:(
    Add: using normal mode

iPad 4
    Version 7.1

19. Eskema

Eskema Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Programmer
    Spain
    Level 7 crashes on hard mode, if you play on normal it works fine.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, hopefully apple will review the update faster this time.