Universal Full Throttle Remastered (By Double Fine Productions)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 20, 2017.

1. metalwastebasket

metalwastebasket Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    I've been doing rather amazingly with a 64 GB iPhone SE. In just over a year, I've never actually managed to go below 20 GBs free, and I'm currently sitting at 32.something GBs free. The secret is to not get attached to your apps. Sure, I'd love to have all the Rockstar games on my phone again, for example, but it was a hassle maintaining 5+ apps that are all massive in size and are constantly getting updates. Playing and deleting everything I've completed (expect for a handful of untouchable titles) was the best decision I've ever made. Problem is...how am I going to resist getting the highest available model of the next iPhone? :p

2. I see no one posted gameplay. I actually like the controls here more than in DoTT. Only 3 options instead of like 8. And you can tap on things once even without holding down, something I don't think you can do in DoTT? Not sure why I've seen people complaining about the controls.

3. gfxdaddy

gfxdaddy Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Male
    Illustrator | Web | Graphic | Digital Publishing D
    London, UK
    Can anyone confirm iCloud save and sync across devices please?

4. I don't see it listed under iCloud and I don't have enough room to install it on my other device to check. Is it supposed to have it?

5. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    #45 Gurney Halleck, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    I have it on both iPhone and iPad and I do not see any option for iCloud or Save sharing. That said, there are multiple save slots and I am confident a workaround may be possible.

I just finished my first play through of the Remastered version (had to replay the classic first (a perfect ratio match for my new iPad Pro.)

This is still such a fun game and personally, I thought the controls on iPad were easier and more intuitive than back when I played with mouse and keyboard. Pretty accurate touch sensitivity for small items in game. Very very pleased with all the option for classic/remaster and bonus content like the venerable Developer Commentary!

6. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    It's on sale..

7. Gurney Halleck

Dec 21, 2012
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Sad to see it drop so soon considering how cheap it already was for the duck remaster of one of my favorite point and click adventures! Still, this made it easier to go out and gift a couple copies to friends ;)

8. Gurney Halleck

Dec 21, 2012
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Has anyone tried playing this on iPad 4? I have the pro 10.5, but my friend wants to play on his iPad 4 and I don't see it listed in the AppStore page as compatible. Sometimes games are still workable even when unlisted as compatible.. #

9. kfelicity85

kfelicity85 Member

May 2, 2013
    LOVE THIS! Absolute classic!

10. Jinxtah

Jinxtah Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2017
    I swore I wouldn't support doublefine anymore after all the shit, but this is just too tempting for 3 dollars.

11. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    It's on sale now for $1.39 in Canada ($0.99 in the USA)