full screen sponsor image on EVERY click?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by ramzarules, Jul 9, 2018.

1. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    this is obnoxious for me. equally annoying with the games that you play 30 secs and a full screen ad pops up.
    Hopefully you will change this in some way. Make a banner that is permanent on the lower side of the screen. make the full screen aponsor pop up once every 5 mins.
    But look:
    go to Toucharcade: full screen ad
    go to forum section: full screen ad
    go to subforum : full screen ad
    click on the news: full screen ad
    you get it

3 fullscreen ads to read a new comment? and if i close the browser and want to check back in 10 mins later, the same. Hope this will change in some way.

2. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    oh, another fullscreen ad when you post a comment! come on ppl.

3. Cinot

Cinot Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    I have to agree.

The new toucharcade site is much worse than the older one.

The First toucharcade site was awesome. No problems with the watch list, no full screen banner, each section was clearer...

I hope that the toucharcade site will be great again .

4. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Agreed again. This site has gone to crap. Only site I know of that first image you see is some huge obnoxious ad. Poor form. Very poor form.

And because the default reply option is make a quote of the post you pressed reply to I’ll just go ahead and leave that quote there even though I’m not quoting it.

I’m a long time member from like 2009 or something and this site has hit a low.

UI - All time low
    Aesthetics - All time low
    Visual appeal - all time low
    Functionality - All time low
    News Feed - notably down and All time low
    OS Compatability - All time low.

Sorry, but you guys making the decisions on this website need honest feedback and you need to listen to your patrons. The site has gone to crap. And in a preemptive notion; Eli, please don’t be derogatory any more if you’re going to make comment here. Just read another thread in here from late June where the guy was honestly giving feedback (this is the right section for that right!?), and your first reply was like “I have no idea what you’re talking about” and proceeded to dismiss his comments for the rest of the thread when he was absolutely right all along and even showed your gratitude at the end when he didn’t need to. You said that when even I knew exactly what he was saying straight away. Either you don’t QA test your site, or it’s derogatory.

That other thread:

https://forums.toucharcade.com/threads/i-know-site-functionality-is-the-first-priority-but.321359/

5. cyllwynn

cyllwynn Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2011
    110% of all posts on here are pure hyperbole. ;-)

I have no problems with the ads and like the site. Just my .02.

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

The ads showing up on every page load is unintentional and has been flagged for our developers to fix. It's only supposed to show up once or twice with each session, but this is the new iteration of the site skin moving forward.

7. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Ad display is disabled until we can get this fixed.

allfunandgames and Nullzone like this.
  8. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I try to stay away from all those threads about the site redesign, but have to jump on that one:
    Awesome reaction, Eli! I can only guess what this means in terms of financial loss for TA. But I wouldn't be surprised if anything longer than a day will cause noticeable problems with the bottom line.
    So, again: Extremely laudable move, my felicitations.

9. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

It would've been resolved faster had this not gone live on a Sunday night and into a Monday where Jared isn't around because he's on a camping trip.

ramzarules likes this.
  10. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Great! May i suggest, what about a permanent ad banner for mobile screens upper or lower on the screen, and if you become a patron it gets removed/lessened?
    I take this from my favorite book reading app, it has permanent ads on a 1 cm banner at the bottom. Very unintrusive, but you still see the ad.
    Anyways, best of luck. Hope you can reach a happy ad medium Eli!

11. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

We're testing with reenabling things if anyone sees the ads again right now. We've got it fixed, or close to it.

12. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    yeap, 2 fullscreen images to xroll down and then it's going banner on the lower screen. This personally doesnt bother me.