Universal Full of Stars (by ArsThanea)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Techzamazing, Apr 12, 2017.

1. cilantroll

cilantroll Well-Known Member

May 16, 2014
    Thank you for the solutions!

I waited and waited and waited...and it still ate me because the check failed. Ugh what a nightmare and waste of time. :mad:

Still, much appreciated. I guess at least there was a chance at success... I hadn't chosen to wait that long before, because it would replay the same text as if nothing happened. I thought I had to try something else. Despite my foresight, it's absolutely silly that choosing to run away does nothing at all, at any point in the encounter. Atrocious design.

2. cilantroll

cilantroll Well-Known Member

May 16, 2014
    Um...so I got there with the nuke.

It made me feel safe. So I waited and waited and waited, check failed of course, I was swallowed...but no option to nuke the thing from inside? I almost threw my phone against the wall.

If I have the nuke, am I supposed to not wait?? Everything just makes so much sense :confused:

3. ArsThanea

ArsThanea Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 9, 2010
    www.atgames.pl
    Warsaw, Poland
    It doesn't have any purpose yet but we've open some leads for the future.

4. ArsThanea

Patreon Silver

Sep 9, 2010
    www.atgames.pl
    Warsaw, Poland
    Hi there! Is the map screen appear? If yes, then you can hold the top right corner of the screen for 15 seconds to open STORY SELECT screen. This allows you to restart current journey without losing all rest of the progress.

5. ArsThanea

Patreon Silver

Sep 9, 2010
    www.atgames.pl
    Warsaw, Poland
    Found those bugs and fixed in version 2.4. Thank you:)

6. ArsThanea

Patreon Silver

Sep 9, 2010
    www.atgames.pl
    Warsaw, Poland
    If you want to use the nuke you should chose "follow the beacon" first. But after your feedback we decided to rewrite this scene little bit :)

7. Jamiri

Jamiri Member

Apr 19, 2017
    The other thing that worked for me is to run from it and do an emergency Rift Jump, that costs 20 crystals.

8. Tyfusion

Tyfusion New Member

May 30, 2017
    Slay the Dragon?

Anyone have any knowledge or hints for completing this achievement?

9. ArsThanea

Patreon Silver

Sep 9, 2010
    www.atgames.pl
    Warsaw, Poland
    Look for it in second captain story.
    The one with the knights

10. YearlyAquariAce

May 11, 2017
    Never ending scene loop

I tried waiting twice, but it tossed me into an unending loop of 'Scene ID was not recorded! Restarting previous scene'. It's quite odd, because it doesn't fully restart. It keeps the amount of idium I have and the leadership points I have/used (I have the woman from the S.O.S. signal on board and I used 7 leadership points each time - only for them to be wasted :(), but it throws me to the beginning of each scene no matter what I choose.

I could accumulate lots and lots of idium, but I'll just have to keep playing this scene over and over again. It's infuriating, but I get to keep my idium and my idium crystals. Which is weird, but good, I guess.

I'll probably lay off playing Full of Stars until the next update, because I'll get nowhere in this situation. sigh

11. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    This turned out to be my most played game in my long ios history, even after i abandoned the game for a few weeks. Now i'm back for the last three achievements (story 2). I want to have a talk with the alien queen, only to nuke her colony afterwards, lol. And i want to enjoy the garden of roses for my happy end.

Didn't read back the last five pages, too lazy today, but do we have a hint for a possible 3rd story yet? (Unfortunately i wouldn't have time to test this time, moving my appartment etc.)

What an amazing surprise, thanks a bunch folks!
    My girlfriend loves it. Came in very handy for the beach season...well, here in Switzerland we call it lake or river season, lol.
    The usb-astronaut is my favorite.

Attached Files:

12. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I dealt with all the difficulty spikes and just accepted it but flying to the Blue Sector is ridiculously hard, not even close to the others. I thought I was done with the run so I spent all my command points as well, should have known better.

My main issue with the Blue Sector is that you basically lose ALL your progress most of the time or you can pay your hard earned game cash that probably took a very long time to accumulate. That's no fun at all. With a secotr that is 7777 long, losing 1000 distance is huge. Being not super amazing at the game, this was saddening for me. Especially when it asks me to cough up 1600 iridum that probably took me at least 30 minutes or more to get.

13. ludka33

ludka33 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2013
    I've taken that 1,000 in stride. I look at it as a free opportunity to get more iridium. Besides, I make that back up in one 3-dot booster jump.

14. LlamameWillis

LlamameWillis New Member

Jun 17, 2017
    Bug: Not able to land in Blue Sector.

Hey there.
    Last week I managed to reach the Blue Sector with 105 crew members.

Which is actually my best fly. But while i was clicking to pass through the story of the captain looking at the city and the villagers, I reached the option to send the ship back, without landind all the crew members. I had no choice but to click there. And at the time I restart the story (hopping that the BlueSector's population were bigger) the crew count went from 105 to 1.

Dude, that was frustrating. :(

Attached Files:

15. YearlyAquariAce

May 11, 2017
    Cannot Enter App??!!

Okay. So actually, before the update, I managed to get out of the endless scene loop (rip that run), and I've completed several runs after that. I was, though, really happy to see an update of Full of Stars in the AppStore today, and I immediately updated.

Unfortunately, that turned out to be a pretty big mistake, because now I can't even enter the app! D:

I've tried entering the app about 10 times, and each time it crashed on the loading screen. I don't think it'll save my game if I try to delete and redownload the game (oh, hey, does it do that? Via game centre or??), and I honestly don't know where the problem is.

I wanna play :(

16. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah my app is dead too. Didn't even notice... That's a pretty damn big bug.

17. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    I notice when u go to knock it out of memory, it looks like it has an ad running??

18. ArsThanea

Patreon Silver

Sep 9, 2010
    www.atgames.pl
    Warsaw, Poland
    Hey Guys,
    There were some problems with processing new build v2.4 to the App Store. New build 2.4 was fine, and passed Apple review, but it seems that went trough Apple platform to the Store with fault. The weight of the app is 50 MB instead of ~300Mb so we assume it didn't go properly as a package.
    We just resubmitted the build as Expedited Review and waiting for answer. Should be live tomorrow / today depends on Apple reaction.

Best
    Bartek / ATGames

19. LJL69

LJL69 New Member

Jul 9, 2017
    #259 LJL69, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    Overdrive issues

The swipe upwards is not sensitive. I have lost 400+ idium crystals to save my crew when I crash after overdrive fails to respond. Oddly enough, the bomb/laser works fine. Could you add optional control settings and allow people to use overdrive and bombs with buttons if they want to? I have seen some complains about difficulty in activating overdrive and bombs so I am sure people would like this. Would it be trouble to add a feature like this in the next update?
    Also the heating system/food generator event is too harsh. I once got this after having 353/45 crewmates :

The ship's food generator started producing toxic slush instead of nutritious food.
    -use repair drones (40 crystals)
    -sacrifice 308 crewmates (3 points)
    -accept the loss of 315 people
    -try manual repairs

At the very least could you drop the price to 30 crystals or limit the max loss to 60 people or something like that?
    Also how about a extra upgrade feature? It will be a emergency laser/bomb/overdrive upgrade. When you are about to crash, the Ai automatically uses your laser/bomb/overdrive. 300 crystals sounds like a fair deal for that! Every upgrades adds one extra emergency laser/bomb/overdrive.
    Bounty hunter's ship is too weak. Give him 1000 shield and higher rewards for defeating him (I got 5 people)

20. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #260 L.Lawliet, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    I'm not happy with the new additions to the game. Ran into some mysterious black box and it made me pay like 600 iridium to scan it. THEN it asks me to pay 25 / 100 / ++ green iridium to charge it. Doesn't even say WHAT. I do it out of curiosity and it fails. I try it again 3 times and multiple fails and it literally eats up green iridium I've earned over 3 hours in 1 minute. Blatant cash grab and the funny thing is you're paying this iridium for something that the game doesn't even tell you what it does. Of course you don't have to pay anything but they just keep adding more gambling elements designed to eat all the resources you hard earned. TLDR: I spent a huge sum in the game for something it doesn't tell you what, and got literally NOTHING out of it.

And I believe the save game changes on updates are just research into ways to make sure the game saves quickly every time you get screwed over. I can't believe they're working so hard on that instead of just new content.