iPad FTL: Faster Than Light - (by Subset Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 2, 2014.

1. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    It's half five in the morning and I have work in three hours. This game is pure evil!

2. Chungston

Chungston Member

Aug 20, 2012
  3. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Okay, so I haven't played this in a while on the PC so right now I feel like me and the game need to establish a safety word before it starts to treat me naughty! I'm thinking banana, but the game is the boss and tells me what I should call it at this point! Seriously though, what a great port of a great game! It's titles like these that make me not want to totally give up on iOS gaming sometimes!

4. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I hate hate hate real time strategy. However (just bought it, bought the PC version eons ago), you can pause AT ANY TIME to issue orders.

Works for me.

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Yeap, that's why I said real-time strategy and strategy at the same time :) works for me too!

That's why "yesterday" (less than 6h ago... :rolleyes:) I decided to play the tutorial and go to bed. This game can hook you up for hours and days if you let him :D

6. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Preach it brothaman! ;)

One of the few immensely popular games which I actually enjoy.

7. argel1200

argel1200 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Anyone else having trouble with FTL hanging on hthe Loading screen, waiting for Game Center? :(

8. Adsinjapan

Adsinjapan Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Okay, first off, I've been posting on these forums for a while now, and very rarely with anything rude, unkind or trivial.
    I make one passing comment on how I PERSONALLY wouldn't buy an iOS game for more than $10, and everyone resorts to assumptions, name-calling and outright insult!
    Farley2k, you try to calm the situation down first, then name-call in the same breath!? What the hell man!

I get it! FTL is a good game, a great game even!
    I choose not to play it though for more reasons than just the price tag!
    Do I think $10 is steep? Yup! I also choose not to play it because I don't personally like rogue-likes!
    To hell with everyone who claims that I'm one for Freemium games!
    I'd call everyone who that that a lot worse, for my pure hatred of IAPs, plagiarism and greed on the AppStore, but I don't want this to be a vicious message.

I'm up against fans of the game, like a StarTrek fan at a Star Wars convention. A shitty analogy, but still the same thing.
    A passing comment kicking up everyone into a flurry of irrationality!
    So what if I said I don't like the price tag? Did that stop it from getting the 5 stars it just received or the countless awards it earned in it's two years since it's release?
    No!

So serious everyone, calm the f**k down, move on from the one sentence I said, play the game, enjoy it and for the love of god, stop making assumptions!

9. popjam5

popjam5 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2012
    I thought this game was $10 not $13? (I live in australia)

I have $13 left on my account, should I buy this or wait for wayward souls?

10. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Some people mentioning the 'too much money' etc are just trolling and I think it rubs people the wrong way, you may be one of the cases where it was wrong to jump on you like that (you also posted it politely and weren't being a jerk) so yeah, I think you have every right to be feeling a little upset. Having said that Iap conversations bring out the worst in people, and a lot of people really love this game (me included). That's all I have to say :)

11. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Side note: race to see how fast I can unlock mantis ship, my fave :)

12. Patt

Patt Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 26, 2010

Man, that's frustrating! Good luck...

13. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    Ahhhh.... I got two rounds in. I barely made it into the second sector. Real life is beckoning. See you later FTL.

14. mcarthon

mcarthon Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    My biggest problem is when enemies board my ship. What's the best way to kill them? Can you upgrade your crew?

15. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    1. Upgrade your doors to level 2 the first chance you get.

2. When boarded, open all doors leading to the room where boarders show up. Make them take suffocation damage.

3. If you can spare a crew member, place them in the doors room. That will raise your doors to improved blast doors.

4. If all else is lost, fight in the med bay. Lead boarders to the med bay by tactically opening doors. Boarders try to escape suffocation damage first, and then aim for damaging a system.

5. Use a Rock or Mantis crewman to fight boarders. Mantis do double damage and Rocks have double HP.

16. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I'd buy this if I were you.

17. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Agreed. As far as I know, we don't have a confirmed release date for Wayward Souls do we? If that's the case then you could be waiting some time for any game to play whereas you could be enjoying this little gem now and WS could be released at a time when you have a bit more cash.

18. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I just finished playing through my first mission and look forward to playing more, but one thing I find distracting is the blurriness of the graphics at times on the iPad Air. Has anyone else noticed this?

I realize this game isn't about the graphics, and I am fine with the simplistic vector style. I just wish it were sharper.

19. Foghorn Irrascible

Foghorn Irrascible Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    FTL is *considerably* better than Out There. Don't worry :)

20. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I think they look the same as the PC version. A bit blocky-old style sometimes, but it's how the game looks. I find them nice.

That's the one you get when you reach level 5, right? Unlocked it an hour ago ;)