iPad FTL: Faster Than Light - (by Subset Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 2, 2014.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    This is just BS, nothing a special magnifying glasses and an operation to modify one's fingers into thin little touch sticks couldn't remedy! :rolleyes:

2. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    I love lamp

Debate over

3. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    To answer the question about the performance on iPad 2, I can only think of one word - orgasmic.

On a serious note, the game is so perfectly fluid. There is absolutely no difference between this and the PC version, except for the control input method. I'm almost tempted to say it's better using touch as well, at the very least it is more than adequate for those that might be put off by it.
    It's incredible, I can't say it enough and I must sound like an over-enthusiastic fanboy but this is now my favourite iOS game I've played. It's Out There but much strategic, in-depth and ominous which is saying something as I adore Out There as it is.

I can see how it wouldn't work on the iPhone. It is a massive shame that people will miss out but I really don't think it would be enjoyable, the interface is the perfect fit for the iPad, it just feels like it was made for the device. In fact, that's the best thing I can think of to praise it with, it doesn't feel like a port at all, everything is totally natural.
    I can't wait to play more of this, I'm in love!

4. Ben!

Ben! Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Awesome, thanks. I was probably going to buy it even if the performance was sub-par but it's still nice to know.

5. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I don't have an iPad but I'm stoked to play the new content on my shit laptop. Such a wonderful game, a brutal, wonderful game totally worth $10. It's light years above the majority available on iOS. iPad users who refuse because of the price will probably have fun with their quick fixes. If you don't have an iPad but want the game, I can attest to it working great on sub-par hardware.

6. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you don't have an iPad but have a mediocre laptop or desktop, definitely pick up FTL on Steam. I have a non-gaming laptop with some average specs and can run the game perfectly

7. ViperInstall

ViperInstall New Member

May 12, 2012
    I've been waiting forever for this game to come out on iOS and it's finally so close. I've owned it on Steam since it released and have a ton of hours into it. Can't wait to finally play this on my iPad and it's even the Advanced Edition! Worth every penny for the amount of replay value, challenge, and all the variety you get out of this one. Absolutely one of my favorite games and I can't wait to sink a load of time into the iPad version. Now that I have FTL, I just gotta wait for some news on Dungeons of Dredmor iOS. ; )

8. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    I am really happy when I'll be able to buy this, I am tired of this freemium, I want quality games. I'll buy this and vote with my $$$

9. Bowflexman

Bowflexman Well-Known Member

May 9, 2011
    Finally someone answers with proof to back it. That's all I needed to know. Unfortunately I won't be making the purchase on ios because I simply don't use my ipad enough these days.

10. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    I really don't know a whole lot about this game but I'm all over it as soon as it hits my App Store. T-minus 5 hours, 24 minutes

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    ****ing love this attitude. :)

12. We need more ipad only games on ios. At least I would like to see more.

13. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I think this should be launched with a sale.

.. Dont get me wrong, I am fine with the $9.99 price, I just think it should be a sale price. Bump it up to $12.99 or $14.99 after launch week :p

14. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    This is one of those few games that you will be playing it in 4 or 5 years from now. Unless they make FTL2 or something! :p

15. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Oh god.. I have to wait one more hour because of this stupid Daylight Saving Time :eek:

16. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Same here, stupid daylight time ...

17. Paulos G

Paulos G Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2012
    location, location.
    Is it wrong that I already have this on my Mac but want it again on my iPad?

18. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I guess I'll have the same issue here. I'm off to bed then. I'll grab it as soon as I wake up tomorrow :D

19. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    What do you get with that? Just people without an iPad that can't play X game.

People said that KOTOR and Bastion wouldn't work on an iPhone/iPod, and they were updated with universal support. I can't see why this or Surgeon Simulator couldn't be played on an iPhone.

20. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    The PC versions costs $10. The same price on the App Store is pretty fair to me.