iPad FTL: Faster Than Light - (by Subset Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 2, 2014.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Oh man, I'm really hoping it's not to long before I win the lotto as this is my current balance :eek:

Attached Files:

2. Ben!

Ben! Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Once somebody has a chance to play this on iPad 2 please let me know how well it works? My iPad chugs a bit at this point but I really want to grab this game (even though I've got it on PC).

3. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I'll be playing it tonight (about six hours away) so I'll post my impressions. I know how you feel though, it's getting fairly common to have issues playing new games on my poor old iPad!

4. Bowflexman

Bowflexman Well-Known Member

May 9, 2011
    Anyone know if there are plans to make FTL a universal app? I just use my phone so much more then my ipad.

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #45 VirtualBoyFreak, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    What I'd like to know is how it performs on an iPad 1 (just being curious here). I know it's not recommended, but I've played the PC version on my 1.2GB CPU/2GB RAM laptop and it performed quite well, albeit being well below the devs recommended specs (at least the CPU speed).

Come on, it's already been said on the "upcoming" thread and on this thread some hours ago. There are only 5 pages in this thread...

6. Bowflexman

Bowflexman Well-Known Member

May 9, 2011
    No where in this thread do I see mention that it will never be on iPhone. Just a lot of talk from disappointed people who want it available on iPhone as well. That's why I asked the simple question: are there plans to ever bring it to the iPhone. Next time you want to be a jackass with a sarcastic comment, read the thread first.

7. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Here's the Official line on the iPhone version status:
    If you want more clarity on the subject the best thing would be to directly contact Subset Games.

8. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    On page 3 I begin talking about the iPhone version not existing. On page 4 I make the comment on the image attached. Therefore, stating your own post, "Next time you want to be a jackass with a sarcastic comment, read the thread first." (and read it better...)

Attached Files:

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
  10. Adsinjapan

Adsinjapan Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Shave about $4 off the price tag and I'd consider looking at this.

There's no way I'd she'll out $10 on any iOS game though, no matter the hype.

11. PeteOzzy

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Oh good lord. I've just fired it up and as soon as the main theme kicked in I got that feeling you got as a child on your birthday. Goodbye world, I'm clocking out!

12. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    It's well worth the requested price if you like these kind of games... To be honest, I'd say this game is unique, so I can't recommend it enough. Just watch the gameplay videos in this thread and decide, but believe me: you'll get hours upon hours of gameplay for your $10.

13. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Wow if I had the money I'd buy this in a flash, this is a full on pc strategy game we are getting not just some throw away iOS title here. $10 is a pretty low price for a quality game, (what's the world come to???)

14. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    And you're the reason so few truly high quality games are developed for iOS.

15. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Go back to your cavern.

16. PeteOzzy

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I think they'll cope without your sale unfortunately. Plus there's a big difference between hype and the actual quality of the game. In this case, the game is astounding - if you don't want to play one of the best games of the generation just because it's the same price as the PC version despite having extras included then more fool you.

17. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

If you won't pay a mere $10 for a fantastic GOTY-caliber experience, then...well I'd rather not type that

Why isn't an IOS game worth $10? Because it's on IOS? Platform doesn't matter, the game matters, the gameplay, the experience, and well, I'm sorry to say that you'll be missing out on one of the best game in years on any platform.

I think this quote is quite relevant

18. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Indiana
    I'm out of space on ye olde iP2, but I'll find a way to make room for this. I have been waiting for this game ever since I read about it when it launched on the PC. Yeah baby!

19. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Clearly folk DEMAND more freemium crap.

20. farley2k

farley2k Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    I appreciate your opinion but does someone need to post this in every thread about a game that is more than $2? Seriously we get it - you think iOS games should be cheap. Good for you.

And to the rest of you arguing with Adsinjapan, STOP IT. Some asshat posts in every thread with a game over $2 about how it is too much. Ignore him/her. They have nothing helpful or worthwhile to contribute.