iPad FTL: Faster Than Light - (by Subset Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 2, 2014.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    http://www.pocketgamer.biz/feature/58956/ftw-the-making-of-faster-than-light/

A very interesting read about how FTL became what it is now ;)

2. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    Thread slowing down :(

Not having crystal ship luck. Brute forcing. 2 more victories today!

[​IMG]

3. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I'll have to brute force the crystal ship too. I've unlocked all A's, 8 out of 9 B's (only missing the cloaking ship B) and 6 out of 8 C's (missing rock & cloaking). I've finished the game on easy with around 6-7 ships. Still hooked to the game, although not as addicted as when it was released :D

4. LW Games

LW Games Member

May 9, 2014
    Game Dev
    Europe
    woa..awesome! i didnt knew it was ported to iPad. I was thinking about this a few weeks back. (Runs to itunes to buy)

5. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Rock C helps with getting the Crystal ship. I still haven't had any luck though!

I can't decide whether to move on to normal, I win most games I play on easy now, but the couple of times I've tried normal I've been rather unsuccessful. I think I'll stay on easy until I unlock all the ships, then try normal again maybe.

6. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Rock C makes unlocking the Crystal Cruiser extremely easy. I unlocked the Crystal Cruiser on my second run with Rock C. Just make sure to encounter as many hostile sectors as possible and when you do end up in a Rock Homeworlds, go to as many beacons as possible. Long Range Scanners and Advanced FTL Navigation augments can be very helpful as well.

As for moving on to normal, the longer you stay on easy the harder it will be for you to get used to normal. There is a big difference in scrap payout and encountering difficult ships.

7. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    My slime ship B just fell apart :(

Ok, I'm taking those two challenges.

Normal Diff + Rock C. Lets get this done.

Spaceship spaceship!

8. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    #548 Menel, May 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2014
  9. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    Haha took 4 bad starts then rolled along and got lucky in sector7 with the crystal event. Achievement spammed.

[​IMG]

10. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I've not encountered the Rock Homeworlds yet with Rock C, the last game was particularly irritating - there was a path available through the sectors with one green sector and all the rest red but still no Rock Homeworlds!

That sounds like a good point. I'll try normal again next game I play I think.

11. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Please try make this work on an iPhone :(
    Surely we could zoom in a little.. Must be some way around it. PSI submarine combat is a decent attempt at similar game

12. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    An easy way to greatly increase your chances of encountering the Rock Homewords is to restart at the end of sector one if you don't have access to more than a few hostile sectors. Also try to go through as many sectors that allows you to check hostile worlds. There are many layouts that crisscross so you can check both branches at some points.

13. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013

I contact them on email.

replied

14. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Guess PSI is going to get a lot more downloads then, lol.

15. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    And what game is that?

16. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    PSI Submarine Battle. There's a thread here. It's a very good alternative to FTL for iPhone, and dev is very active at polishing the game.

17. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I really don't see how it could, I don't think the devs are anti-iPhone or anything like that, I'm sure they have tried to think of ways to make it work.

Just won on normal for the first time, with Rock C, no sign of Rock Homeworlds again but I did get Kazaaak for the first time, and lost almost no health on the flagship. I think I'll stay on normal from now on, easy was getting very easy.

18. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Finally! First win on normal... After some tries with Kestrel B (never found good weapons so got problems mid game), about 10 runs with Mantis B (heck, never even got past sector 4), success with Fed A on the first try.

At the end I had collected only 1400 scrap in total, although I had two scrap rec upgrades early on - I should probably refine my ways of collecting scrap...

Final battle was not much more difficult than on easy even without cloaking.

19. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Will this be updated with ip6/ip6+ support?

20. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Congrats dude, I've faced the flagship 10 times or so and always lose.. Almost had him last time I played, he was on his last jump but bombarded me with missiles.. :(