iPad FTL: Faster Than Light - (by Subset Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 2, 2014.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Yes, I'm playing on easy mode, where as far as I know
    weapon rooms in the flagship are isolated from the rest of the ship and from each other, opposed to normal mode, where I think they are linked to the rest of the ship. This allows for destroying them one by one with 2-people away teams.

I also had installed on my ship
    two laser weapons which made a total of 6 shots (one 2-damage shot and five 1-damage shots). This is what I use to shoot down shields and do some hull damage in each of the three rounds.

The strategy I used was in a few words
    destroy each weapon, beginning with the missiles, with 2-people away teams and the laser cannons. I also had cloak level 2 for cloaking in the 2nd and 3rd fights during the massive attacks that the flagship performs. The two defense II drones were always active, and during the ship invasion of the 3rd round I had more rooms without oxygen than with oxygen.

During the last fight, I also had to send a suicidal 4-people away team to crush the shields of the flagship, because it was hitting my hull points real bad. The shield level-2 didn't recover soon enough to avoid all the massive attacks. My intention was to teleport them back to my ship before destroying the enemy, but I was too slow. I also remembered the achievement of having all the crew killed in the flagship too late, because I could have sent all my team on a suicide mission to complete that achievement :D

In any case, it was a very rewarding game this time around and I unlocked the Slug Cruiser. I'm only missing the Rock Cruiser (should be relatively easy to achieve if I get the random event again) and the Crystal Cruiser (I think this one is going to take a bit more...)

2. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    I think this ship is the strongest one I ever had... I was cruising through the sectors like Incredible Hulk.. I even ran out of fuel and waited for the rebel fleet to catch up to get my fuel lol...

Loving this game every time I play...

Attached Files:

3. khann

khann Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Finally beat the game after 48 tries on easy. I actually didn't lose a crew member and wasn't too hard. Now I know how important all systems are to winning.

4. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Congrats!

5. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    Finally got to the boss last night (easy). Man he wiped the floor with me though - even though I was blasting anything else out of sight.

Made me even more hungry for next time!

6. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Finally, I got to unlock my first ship! Best feeling ever!

7. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Got to the flagship last night, thought I was doing really well, kicked his ass and then thought I don't know what all the fuss is about.... then he came back in his second form.... oh dear.

8. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Just completed this beauty for the first time. Got to the flagship on my first play though but got absolutely annihilated. Then on 3rd play through I blitzed the flagship with my engi ship and didn't lose one crew member! This game is freakin awesome! Drones and ion cannons are the key of life! (Or death lol!)

9. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    So when you get to the final boss, die, do you start from complete scratch?

10. CzechCongo

CzechCongo Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    If you die at any point you start over from the beginning.

11. Paulos G

Paulos G Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2012
    location, location.
    You do indeed.

12. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Scary, eh?

13. spooky23

Jun 30, 2011
    haha, yeah, scary indeed. Taking the plunge on this tonight.

14. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Technically yes. Nonetheless, during your games you can unlock 10 ships with 3 different layouts (for 8 ships) or 2 layouts (for the remaining 2 ships) with which you can start next time you play. That means you begin with 1 ship and you have 27 to unlock :D

15. spooky23

Jun 30, 2011

So you can pick and choose the ship (that you've unlocked) for the next game? Cool.

16. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Yes, there's no way to go back to a previous save which is very sad for my current game. With Mantis B, I had 4 Mantis, 3 Engi, repair drone, defence 2 drone, burst laser 1 & 2, ion 2, long range sensors, scrap recovery arm, can't remember 3rd aug but it was helpful too, maxed energy, and lots of maxed systems.
    And then I forgot to shut off the weapons while the Mantis boarding party were doing their thing.
    So no more Mantis boarding party ;_;
    How stupid of me, it was going amazingly up until then!
    I don't think I can bear to continue, I think I might have to just restart!

17. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Yes, in FTL you have all the unlocked ships and layouts available for the next game. In fact, when you unlock a new ship, according to the game it is sent to your base to help you fight the rebels next time :p It is completely different to "Out There", where you always start with the same ship.

18. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    I have two lanius, a 'porter, and a clone system.

Mwa-hahahahhaha! Who wants some? Come at me!

19. Phairdon

Phairdon Active Member

Aug 16, 2013
    So after making to the boss on my 4th try, I haven't made it back since! I'm using the starter ship , still on A layout. The main that kills me are enemy missiles, and the power requirements for my weapons. I feel like the theme of the Kestral is weaponry but it costs so much, you have to upgrade the weapon " system power" and get the power.

What do you Guys usually do with The Kestral?

20. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    I just beat the game for the first time. So rewarding. From advice in this forum, I:
    - put money into shields
    - did not use missile weapons till very end
    - explored as much of each sector as possible

I have 2 other ships now to try out. So much more to unlock. This game is a steal at $10.