iPad FTL: Faster Than Light - (by Subset Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 2, 2014.

1. tjtoed

tjtoed Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    I did. I just beat the flagship last night with the engi ship for the first time. I have been playing every day since release.

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I played for MONTHS the PC version and never beat the flagship. It was yesterday that I won the flagship for the first time ;) The best part is that each time you lose, you learn something new towards winning the next game.

3. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    If you play without reading guides it takes alot of tries before to be able to beat him. Took me forever on PC before to figure out how to beat him. However if you do it all by yourself it is even more satisfying.

4. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    lmao, this is absolutely hilarious :D

5. Cerberus_17

Cerberus_17 Active Member

Apr 10, 2014
    I've lost a lot of hours of sleep to this game.

6. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Wait until
    you kill part two and discover there's a part three!!!! :D

7. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Lol. +1

8. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #468 VirtualBoyFreak, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    Tip: don't send crew members to a drone ship (and possibly any other ship) which is charging its FTL to leave and expect clone bay to work: I just lost a game in sector 7 because 4 Lanius flew in a drone ship and my clone bay didn't clone them... I'm playing with Mantis layout C. I don't know if it's a bug or not (technically my crew is not dead but MIA), but my perfect game got destroyed by this... #

9. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    The flagship part 3 is super hard... By that time if you are lucky left with 3/4 hull health... The flagship has like 3-4 drones and boarding parties... Wtf

10. khann

khann Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    I have not earned the mantis ship yet. Without spoilers, is it hard to get?

11. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #471 VirtualBoyFreak, Apr 13, 2014
    Yes, it's hard. Without spoilers: when you finish the random event in a way it doesn't give you the ship, think about other alternatives for winning in the event ;) If you end up wanting spoilers, check ftl.wikia.com

I reply to myself: It's not a bug, it's intentional. This is the devs reply:

The clonebay only clones dead crewmembers. And as you pointed out, they aren't considered dead. They are probably now prisoners of war. The Federation outlawed simultaneous clones of the same living individual.

A real pity and a lesson learnt. In fact, I have to be careful with this, since I could lose everyone in the last fight because of this :p

12. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    Can someone tell me what stasis pod does?

Btw anyone completed with the type A torus ship?

13. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    The stasis pod is the first step towards unlocking a ship. I have just completed the game with the 1st ship layout B, nothing else :p

14. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    So I need to lug it until final sector? I dropped it before the final for something more useful damn

15. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Yes, it's my only victory so far (on easy)!

The wiki has the details, but I think you need to find a Zoltan or Engi sector then get a specific random event?

16. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Have only played a couple games. Last run was so good, then ran out of missiles, then died in a fight sort of unexpectantly. Will miss my crew.

I've unlocked a new ship. Is it better to try and "play out" the first ship or doesn't matter, play different ships all the time?

17. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    If you havent beaten the game yet I would maybe try out other ships and see how you like them, but ultimately I would stick with the ship you fight most powerful, give yourself best possible chances at beating the game.

18. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    #478 wigzisonfire, Apr 13, 2014
    I had stopped buying ios games for a few months since getting GBA4IOS and a snes emulator. After playing terranigma, chronno trigger and zelda on my device I just felt like no ios games deserved my time or money.

Then this and monument valley arrived. I bought them both (only because I had been waiting for ages for MV and I just got an iPad Air wanted to try an iPad only game.) My faith has been well and truly restored in spades for ios gaming.

This game is absolute perfection.

19. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I've got 6 ships out of the 10 available :D I'm missing the rock, slug, crystal and rebel starships. I nearly achieved the rock and slug ships, but died before I could get them :p I think the crystal ship is going to be the most difficult...

20. tjtoed

tjtoed Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Woohoo...

Got my first victory (on easy) yesterday and followed up with a victory in the next game using the Federation Cruiser.

Different tactics, but quite a lot in common between the two...

Now to beat it with the Zoltan, Rock and original ship.

Such a great game with HUGE replayability.