iPad FTL: Faster Than Light - (by Subset Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 2, 2014.

1. archinerate

archinerate Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2014
    This game needs icloud support

2. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    I have had plenty of success and fun. But not without losses. My stats are
    40 games played.
    5 Victories.

Far more loses is by design.

Kestrel B is very good.
    Engi I found hard.
    I found Federation Cruiser A/B very good. 2 victories with B.
    Zoltan B I found good. It's shield gives some lasting power. Build up and your inner shield.

Look back at some of my posts for ship specs.

I get 2 shields asap. This helps prevents hemorrhaging scraps due to hull damage.
    Then focus on weapons, lots of lasers. Preferably 5-6 blasts and a missile/bomb of some sort that gets behind shields.

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #443 VirtualBoyFreak, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    I just won in standard mode, yay!!! :D so satisfying! And I didn't have any hull fix. I used two defense drones II, which avoided most of the shots from landing on my ship. Did it with the Kestrel layout B. This game is sooooo frustrating and satisfying at the same time.

4. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Congrats :) Told ya those defense drones are great eh? Did you manage to get the drone retrieval aug?

5. tjtoed

tjtoed Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Thank you for this... Will take it to heart.

6. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Nope, didn't get that one. Bought them for 75 scrap each.

7. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Love the reviews of this game on app store. One extreme to another. 5 stars or 1 star seems to be the variant. Surely the one star reviewers can gauge what type of game this is BEFORE purchasing it? Ever heard of You Tube? Review websites? I heard Touch Arcade is mean to be good for stuff like that.

8. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    As always... People tend to rate great games with 1 star because they made a mistake buying a great game which doesn't suit them. In the Spanish app store there are many 4-star reviews which say "the 5th star when it's translated to Spanish". No comments...

9. tjtoed

tjtoed Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Holy cow...

I just beat the game for the first time (on easy)... What a total rush, best part is I was so busy dealing with three boarders and fires on my Engi ship, I didn't even realize it was over.

Wow... what a fantastic game and I still have no idea how I beat that final ship since it took out my drone bay which stopped the Mk2 defense drone and Mk1 attack drone.

Now to try with other ships and start looking at the events and alternative layouts.

Kudos to everyone involved in the making of this game.

10. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    This game is as great as I thought it would be! It's so nice not to be disappointed for once.

11. Hobbesian

Hobbesian Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    When you win, it's one of the best feelings a game can give. On the ipad, it's a very, very hard to replicate experience. That's what makes FTL so utterly special. Glad you hung in there :)

12. tjtoed

tjtoed Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    So I just started up another easy campaign using the Federation Cruiser and it seems more difficult. Is there a difficulty bump after you beat it once or use this ship? On the second sector I had several 3 and 4 boarding party attacks.

Just curious if using this ship makes it harder

13. tjtoed

tjtoed Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Could not agree more.

14. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Keep the hull repair drone to repair between battles, you can equip and use it between battles.

15. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    There is no order of difficulty, but you need sometimes to adapt to the ship. I give you a very good combo in the spoiler below

The artillery is very powerful if maxed out, if you equip it with stealth and the augment to shoot while stealthed, you can be almost invincible most of the time after putting points in stealth

16. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    Most of the 1 star reviews say 'this game is way too hard.' LOL.

17. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Total newbie... I'm confused on what to do when I have a fire into ship. I know I can open doors... I'm confused about what I should do and what do the color means with pink when the fire is out etc...

Please advise!

18. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    You can either evacuate all the oxygen in the room to starve the fire (pink room means no oxygen) OR you can send in crew to put the fire out. 1 crew member can sometimes handle one fire, but once it starts spreading it can quickly get out of control so it depends on how many crew members you have available to fight the fire, and how close the fire is to an airlock etc.

19. Oka-mi

Oka-mi Active Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Just started playing this and got immediately sucked in.

Just a random observation - does anyone else feel like the space backgrounds should be scrolling? Would be way more immersive, and less static.. #

20. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Anyone been playing for days like me and yet to beat the flagship? #