iPad FTL: Faster Than Light - (by Subset Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Quantus

Quantus Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    What kind of battery life are you guys getting? Please note device and brightness.

2. jmasin

jmasin Active Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Architect
    iPad mini, no retina, full bright. FTL doesn't almost consume battery. Notice that its graphics are 2D.

3. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I was three bars away from killing the Boss for the third time.

God damnit!

4. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    There are two ways to avoid this:
    - keep the door system always without O2, this prevents boarders from staying in the room to attack and fires.
    - hire rock men, they can just stay in fire forever

5. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    This is a rogue like, you are supposed to fail. The game is the journey. Just remember to use the pause button very often and you will succeed much more often.

6. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    IPad 3, normal brightness (50%?), and I used 45-50% battery through 4h of gameplay with sound, so I guess that it should last 8-10h.

7. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    I bought this game launch day and have been too afraid to play it! Well really I've been to busy to get a chance and sit down with it. But still, I watched someone play it on twitch and it looks fairly complicated. Is it?

Hopefully will get a chance to play and die tonight.

8. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    I was worried about the complexity of the controls at first too, but you get the hang of them really fast by the time you're done with the tutorial.

9. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Sad feels when suffocated everybody so they'd die instead of letting ship blow up.

10. Wiarumas

Wiarumas Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Ipad2 around 3-4 years old. Auto brightness in normal lit room (so around 50-60% brightness). Played around 6 hours occasionally taking breaks and leaving a menu open and had 30-40% charge.

Also played on 3 month old ipad retina, roughly 4 hours of playing left me around 70-80%.

11. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    This game is almost the textbook definition of 'Easy to learn, difficult to master'

12. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Even on easy it's so difficult!!! Nearly kill the flagship but the boarding is horrible...even on easy is so hard to kill them...

13. cdkilgore21

cdkilgore21 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    People on here talking about their fights against the flagships and I was so proud of my deep run into the fourth sector...before I lost 3 of my 4 crew members to Mantis invaders and the last burning to a crisp.

Great, GREAT game though!! I can see this on my device for years to come!

14. Chungston

Chungston Member

Aug 20, 2012
    The difficulty just adds to the replay ability. Endless combinations of strategy types!

15. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    Just don't board it! Have a Cloaking And Hacking System,Full Upgraded Shield,Level 4 Engine,Have a Chain Lasers. Have also Augmentations like Weapon Pre-Igniter or Automated Reloader that makes you fire fast or Defence Scrambler so Enemy Drones don't attack you missile or lasers it's good for Part 2 and for defensive is Shield Charge Booster

16. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Hacking system? I never see this? Maybe I am playing on classic.

17. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    Yes you are! Play with the Advanced Edition

18. Wiarumas

Wiarumas Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Should be noted that the difficulty doesn't make any of the gameplay easier. It only increases the amount of scrap so that you have more currency to repair/upgrade.

19. shadowtracer

shadowtracer New Member

Jul 31, 2012
    Any chance the Mac version will get an update, or that they'll ever make it universal? I literally just sold my iPad the week before this was released.

20. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    It does affect gameplay and enemy behavior.You will see ships with 2 shields and teleporters early on on normal, but not on easy.Also flagship is way easier on easy as weapon rooms aren't connected with rest of the ship.