iPad FTL: Faster Than Light - (by Subset Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 2, 2014.

1. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    That's the fun part to restart all over again #

2. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    I'm so close defeating the Rebel Flagship with my Red Tail it's part 3 where it have the Super Shield.One last hit to defeat it but I noticed my cloak is on cooldown and there is no shield and one life left! It's SO CLOSE!!!!!

3. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Is this one of those games I should just get if I'm even remotely interested in it?

4. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    I have never played such game not on PC or mobile.. Played space command a while and got bored.. Out there completed 2 out 3 endings... Quit all of them.. But this.. I have been hooked on it almost day and night...it just rocks.. It not about challenging the game but yourself... Lol

5. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Yes, but it is quite hard to play.

My first run got me quite a few sectors in, before I was blown up. So the player definitely needs to upgrade his ship. Upgrade which sections with which parts and how to balance the budget and tackle the risk/reward tight rope of going after scrap and parts or running away from the enemy.

If the above appeals to you, get FTL.

6. Thawkk

Thawkk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I was playing this game in my sleep last night. I think this game has taken over my life.

7. the_rebel14

the_rebel14 New Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Yes there is an ending. It's very hard to get to and even harder to beat but there is an ending. Hope you enjoy it! :)

8. rbates

rbates Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    What I love about this game is that you can continually improve. Every time you die, there is something to point to that you could have done better. Sure there is an amount of luck involved, but at least on Easy, luck isn't the deciding factor.

Also each of the different ships require you to adapt to a different play style. And then you need to adapt further based on what you get throughout the journey. This makes every play through feel different than the last. There is an amazing amount of depth here. I am probably 20 hours in and still feel like I have only scratched the surface!

9. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    So I know I will eventually get this. Now the question is whether I get it now, or wait for the inevitable sale? I do have TONS of other games to play atm, so it's not like I'm dying to have this right now, so I will probably wait for the sale.

10. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Its worth the $9.99, but I cant blame anyone who wants to wait either. I have a backlog on iOS and every other system i own as well

11. mcarthon

mcarthon Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Taking a look at stats is pretty cool. Keeps logs on all your sessions. I have done 30. And not beAten the flog ship once, Josh kubbin is a savage! 7 kills. And Stephen eckman the best wheel man around, 106 successful evasions. love this game session 31 starts now!

12. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I also had tons of games to play before FTL, but I bought it and thought "the rest of the games can wait" (and they sure are waiting :D).

Ouch! That's bad :(

13. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    On my last playthrough, My ship was set on fire, and the door system was disabled. Couldn't get the crew to the fires, couldn't blow the airlocks. I just sat and watched everyone get burned alive. So sad.

14. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    Do their dying screams haunt you at night? :eek:

15. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    The horror!

16. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    What should I say with same attack team crewmembers dying 10 times per system.I really don't care about clones much, just trow them in teleport and off they go, just gotta be sure to have backup DNA modification.
    If they do survive with low health, it's suffocation chamber for them to get them cloned again to full health.

17. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    This is me as well. The game looks amazing - I'm tied up in another game called selling and buying houses at the moment so figure FTL can wait.

But here I am...

18. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    That sounds like an awful game! Is it freemium? :D ;)

19. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    #359 GregB, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    No, but they say what I put into it I will more than get out of it. More like a Dev than a Player ;-). And a successful Dev I hope :)

20. Phairdon

Phairdon Active Member

Aug 16, 2013
    My friends give me grief with how stingy I am with iOS purchases..... I have never played FTL, And I decided to bite the bullet and buy this for full price.

I am SO GLAD that I bought this!! I've played it every night since I got it. Amazing game! I'm playing on easy to start with. On my 4th play I made it to the boss and died on the 3rd round. My next play I died in sector 1! Awesome. I didn't realize my oxygen didn't power back up and my boys suffocated.

Looking forward to many many more hours of FTL.