iPad FTL: Faster Than Light - (by Subset Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    The game continually saves each action so you can quit mid battle

2. paradsecar

paradsecar Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Thanks for the reply!

3. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Couldn't agree more...

I really wish there's a really easy option for beginners... So many a times I nearly completed nearlyyyy

4. Bitgod

Bitgod Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Yeah, though once you win one, you're happy. I finally won my first game today using the ipad version, I never won on the PC. I'm not sure how much of it was that the game is a lil bit easier now and how much was just experience. And then there's always luck.

5. Wiarumas

Wiarumas Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2014
    I've played this on my ipad 2 with no performance issues or crashes. It doesn't seem to be a very demanding game. There aren't any special effects or 3d... It's mostly 2d sprites and text windows.

6. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    http://www.zenfar.com
    Continous Save

Continous Save how awesome is that:cool: Reminds me of old Traveller deck plans gotta get this one!

7. Bitgod

Bitgod Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Well when you get to the final sector, I'd jump through a few areas first, get some more resources, get at least 1 free repair. Also keep in mind, I think, that you usually get some free missiles and drone parts at one of the depots (at least I did today, and I think I had in the past but forgot) so no need to spend money on those at the very end. Once you're ready for the flagship, you basically, and hopefully people don't take this as a spoiler but just in case,
    you have to fight it 3 times to win.

So I'd say the final sector takes as long as any other sector, as long as you're not headed for the flagship immediately.

8. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    On easy? Maybe u are smarter now lol

9. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    For the final sector if the flagship sit on the base for 3 turns it's game over isn't it.. That's what the game say? I wish it was more like the ship chase me rather than I defend against it

10. Wiarumas

Wiarumas Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2014
    To kill off people by opening airlocks, you should upgrade the doors by at least 1 point. No points, they just open. 1 point, they need to destroy the doors to get through.

11. khann

khann Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    How does one shootdown A drone circling around you or an enemy? The enemy does it all the time, how can I?

12. Pillar

Pillar Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Shooting it down is usually just a chance event, but you can knock out drone control on purpose.

13. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    Shoot the drone control... But I think that's not the first priority most of the time... So basically bear with it lol

14. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    I upgraded it to the max... The zoltan just waltz thru the doors ... Can't drain their life although the room turn pink

15. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Ok. I played my first game and all my staff died of something not sure what.

A fire started in a room I went to put it out 1 staff died then another after putting the other fire out died. The pilot who was steering the ship died but he was nowhere near the fire. The whole ship went pink. I'm sure I closed the doors but they all died.

What did I do wrong?

16. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    O2 (oxygen) ran out. If the oxygen room is damaged, the ship stops producing oxygen and as the rooms go pink, essentially the crew is standing in vacuum and of course will die. Crews get damaged by fire while fighting fires (other than rock people race) so keep an eye on them. I usually send my crew in teams of two to fight fires and do repairs because it goes quicker.

17. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    After you fix the O2 device, make sure it's powered up again. Sometimes it doesn't power up automatically and you wait and wait and the O2 runs out. It has happened to me once or twice...

18. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    It doesn't power up automatically.. If it's destroyed u need to power it up automatically.. I.e changed to red..

Same for weapon and drone. You need to redo the entire process

19. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Sometimes when you fix the device, the try to turn back to their previous power stage, but not always.

20. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Ok I'll keep an eye out to make sure I reboot any damaged system I was going quite well until I killed all my own staff!!

But can't I continue from a save? Do I have to start all over again?