iPad FTL: Faster Than Light - (by Subset Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    #241 Menel, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    Ah yes, much better.
    Easier to go straight for rockets... They only have one dude, and cant send more to repell or repair.

Took two games to setup. This is what I had going into 3rd phase.

Had to juggle power between third laser and missles. And shields/dodge and teleporter.

It did not unlock Federation cruiser as I expected :'(

Attached Files:

2. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    To play devils advocate, I disagree with you, I think it IS in fact worth $10, however, I believe it semi regularily goes on sale at fairly low cost on steam, for all anyone knows they will do the same on ios.

Having said that, if there inevitably comes a time where it does go on sale, I hope it doesnt drop straight down to 99 cents. This game deserves better than that.

(Freemium with 99cent ship unlocks would be interesting as well.. I usually hate freemium but a game like this Free, with 99 cent ship unlocks or unlock all for $9.99.. I could see that working for them though I think most people on this forum would hate it)

3. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Glad you improved your game though! :)

4. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Battery drain

Played for an hour this am. Went from 100% to 77% in that time. Seems a lot.

5. khann

khann Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    It looks nice, but all you do is swipe in a timely fashion. That game is baby compared to FTL.

6. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#246 Bronxsta, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    Gameplay comes first. If the most visually impressive game ever plays like crap, it's just a crappy game that looks pretty

And again, why should the iPad version be cheaper than the PC version? Both are $10, offer the same content

7. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    There's opinions and there's...no words.

8. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Pearls before swine my friend, pearls before swine.

I won't compare titles but this game is certainly to caliber with any preemium title on iOS.

9. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    You cannot sell your iPad games unlike PC games...

10. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Most digital retailers that I know of don't allow reselling games, no different from the App Store. And FTL has only ever been a digital download.

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I agree with gameplay coming first, but in terms of price, it depends if you're happy to go by base price, or what you could actually get the game for. Right now, I could provide anybody a copy of the game on Steam for about 50% of what they'd pay on iOS, and it's had a good deal of sales that dip it even lower than that.

It's definitely worth $10, but going for a cheaper option is understandable.

12. Wiarumas

Wiarumas Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2014
    Actually, since this game is selling so well on the App Store, it most certainly is not too expensive. Law of economics. If anything, it may be priced too low. Plenty of demand to drive sales.

13. Wemac

Wemac Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Game Reviewer
    Does anyone else have problems starting the game? My game "hangs" at the loading screen and says "...waiting for game center". I went to their website and saw a message about severe server problems. Dont know if this is related...
    Im I alone with these problems?

14. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Turn airplane mode on, and turn it off when it's loaded. The game tries to connect to game center, and it might be having issues to do so.

15. Wemac

Wemac Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Game Reviewer
    Thanks!
    I tried turning airplane mode on, but still the same thing "waiting for game center"... Darn, played all night and now im getting abstinence :(

16. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Weird. This problem happened only once wih me and the airplane mode solved :/

17. Wemac

Wemac Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Game Reviewer
    It also happened to me in Magic 2013, but airplane mode solved it back then... I also tried rebooting and quitting all other apps etc...
    I'll just have to wait it out I guess.

18. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    I can believe how tough this game is. Normally when a game has a hard difficulty first thing I do is set it to that. This is the first game I've played where I'm actually considering dropping it to easy.

19. Azpathfinder

Azpathfinder New Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Just confirming, there's no way to save the game right? Each time you die, you have to start over?

I love the concept of the game, but it's downright impossible... I barely got to sector 5 to unlock the next ship, but getting through the entire maze of sectors in one try seems very much impossible, without the ability to save along the way (like Galaxy of Fire).

20. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Worth ten bucks. This game is so fun.