Frustrated in moving games/apps around!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Coldar, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I'VE HAD IT!! I'm going to rant.......Got a full 9 pages of apps/games with one open space on the last page. And no...not going to delete any of them! I like to have a variety to keep me occupied when I'm away from the pc for an extended length of time. (And why should I?) But I have spent almost an hour plus trying to switch my games/apps around to get them organized in a somewhat fashion. I have come to the conclusion this is not possible............ I -- GIVE -- UP!!!
    Try to put a game from page 2 all the way back to page 9 results in something being deleted. Tried to put the stock, weather, etc apps at the very end where at least they will get deleted but STILL when I move from a previous page I end up shifting 3 or more games back to the page I want to put the original game which makes everything even worse and deletes even more stuff and then have to go BACK again to reorganize everything to just replay the same scenario over and over again.
    Nobodies got to reply to this.......just wanted to throw this out here to get it off my chest........will somebody please just put me out of my misery?

2. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    *stabs*

3. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Wow i try to keep it to three pages, and it's SO frustrating trying to move them around, I don't know HOW you're able to do that with 9 pages! No wonder you're upset!

4. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    3 pages? I think I had that many pages filled within a week or two of finding this site :) I go back and forth between the 9 page limit - it's probably good in that it keeps my from having too much on my device. I have a hard enough time trying to decide what to play as it is. On the other hand, I'm having to start kicking off games that I really like just so I can put all the new stuff on there. As for rearranging the icons, I'm pretty sure no one over at Apple actually used the interface before they released it :rolleyes: This is seriously one of the hardest things to organize when you have a lot of icons. At a bare minimum they need to have an auto-arrange option so that everything moves over on its own when you delete or move an icon. Ideally, a desktop based interface would be nice to allow you to easily drag and drop icons between pages and then sync the final layout back to your iPhone / iPod Touch. I might even be willing to pay a couple of bucks for something like that given all the time it could potentially save me.

5. <Hollister>

<Hollister> Well-Known Member

I only have two pages cuz of categories but there was one time when I took all my 100-sum games out of categories and it was extremely hard to reorganize those.

6. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    I just did some massive ipotch clean up, I thought What the hell Ican re-download whenevere I please, so there ya go, just delete and re-download

7. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    That's great in theory, but if I have the room on my device (which I do since I don't use it to watch movies or listen to music), then I shouldn't be limited just because Apple doesn't want to give me more pages to work with.

8. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Once you delete an app, all your progress and saved info is lost. Which, obviously, sucks.

9. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    not when you haven't played in 50 days and you don't care anymore :)

10. iKoda

iKoda Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Student
    Haha. I was trying to open Ferrari GT but the apps were in wiggle mode. So I accidently pressed the X button. My iPod Touch was sideways the whole time, so I couldn't read so I pressed what I thought was cancel and it turned out to be Delete. Bye bye Saved progress in Ferrari GT.