Frustrated at how namco and others do universal.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Tmonine, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    I have noticed a few developers create apps that are universal, but when i launch them on my ipadthey only run with a black border around the edge of the screen the same size and shape as when you run non-ipad apps in 2x mode, but the graphics are not blurred. As far as i can tell, all the developers have done is make the retina graphics from the iphone part show, but havent bothered making graphics to fill the whole ipad screen. This seems like a lazy way to make apps universal and its not that much of an improvement over a scaled up iphone app to warrant purchasing, yet there is no warning in the app description that it doesnt fill the ipad screen and several apps i wouldnt have purchased had i known that the ipad version wasnt up to par with expectations.

What im really trying to say is i dont like it when developers lead you to believe that the app has been adapted for the ipads display size when it actually hasn't.

Ive noticed this especially with namcos new releases pacn jump and pac chomp, as well as donut games' traffic rush.