Universal Fruit Ninja (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 20, 2010.

1. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    Watermelon hands down its always butchered in videogames!:D

2. laladanger

laladanger Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I think there should be a combo mode. The number of fruit cut in one slicing motion multiplies your score.

3. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010

Soon like... tomorrow?

This is honestly the first game on my iTouch that i'm eagerly awaiting an update for. The rest all are either 'good enough' or it seems the new update won't revamp the overall gameplay.

With this game, it's different - a small update could make the game so much more fun / challenging. Seeing the high scores rocket after adding multipliers / multi-slice will make it all the more amazing.

Submit it fast, please please please :D

4. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    #104 The Bat Outta Hell, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
    I like killing strawberries.. All the fruit slashing encourages me to eat more of it =P

Also, if you make any serious gameplay changes, could you please make
    it a different mode, and keep the current one under classic?

5. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Combos would be nice, it'd be cool if there were other looks for the fruit after they've been slashed, like everyone else is saying different game modes.

But it is a good game :) Maybe more fruit would be good too.

6. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    So I caved and bought it...pretty good:) I'd LOVE to see multi-fruit slashed combos.

7. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

+1

that could lead to some insane scores. :D

8. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    I spoke to my girlfriend earlier and she told me she loves the banana slicing and dicing as well.

I personally like the apple and melon, something about the crunching!

9. caltab

caltab Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    I really like this game, but I think it could use difficulty levels. The bombs are a key aspect of the gameplay, but it can be really frustrating to have slashed 275 fruit without a miss and then hit 1 bomb and it's over. It would be cool if there was an easy setting where if you hit a bomb it only counts as 1 missed fruit. You could also do a hard mode where you can only miss 1 fruit.

10. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK

Agreed, sometimes I like playing games halfheartedly and this game demands nothing but 100% concentration and can be punishingly difficulty if you're not in the zone. I'd say the biggest thing it needs is a way to sort the bombs out.

Possibly a power up or a way of using your accelerometer to move the bombs in one direction while keeping the fruit as they were etc...

No idea, but it could stop it being so frustrating.

11. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Love the game - very simple to pick up and play but hard to put down. I agree with most of the suggestions in this thread about possible updates.

One thing that bugs me.... it's silly and says more about me than anything (for which I apologise). One of the facts about fruit says that nothing rhymes with orange - This is untrue. There's Blorenge - a mountain in South Wales. There's also the Old English Surname Gorringe.

I'm going to hang my head in shame now (and kill a few more fruit)

12. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010

Other words that have no rhyme include:
    silver, purple, month, ninth, pint, wolf, opus, dangerous, marathon and discombobulate.

13. caltab

caltab Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    I definitely agree that they should leave the original mode as untouched as possible, but I also love the idea of power ups in another mode.

14. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Not true i'm affraid. For a start, Chilver (old english word for a female lamb) rhymes with silver.

15. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Hirple, to walk with a limp.

Curple, the hindquarters or the rump of a horse, a strap under the girth of a horse's saddle to stop the saddle from kicking forward.

16. Tikicobra

Tikicobra Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Here are a few very small graphical suggestions:

I think the background should maybe be a little bit lighter. It looks pretty dark and it's kind of hard to see the details, which looks a little bland. Maybe the ability to select multiple backgrounds would help.

Also, I think the pause button is kind of ugly. :p

Other than that I love this game. Totally worth the keesh.

17. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I was thinking that too now you mention it. Perhaps just remove it altogether and use a two/three-finger tap for pausing? Either way, the pause button and pause screen are the only parts that don't look too good... it looks like they've yet to be incorporated into the theme.

18. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    I think that a "fruit frenzy" mode should be implemented, where huge amounts of fruit are thrown in the air, but no bombs. Same rule- Three missed fruit and you're out, but there is so much fruit in the air which make it harder to get them all.

Also, maybe a dual-slice mode where you can use two fingers to cut fruit instead of one. I'm not sure whether this is entirely needed, as it it relatively easy to get all the fruit using one finger... But I suppose that this could be implemented in the "fruit frenzy" mode described above.

Also, a portrait mode would be awesome. I'm not sure how you'd do it, but I'd really love to be able to play this in portrait. If so, this would add to the few good games I have that I am able to play one-handed (as cutting fruit on the far left is really hard using only one hand.)

19. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    #119 Muscat, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
    Thanks for all the feedback so far guys! We are most definitely listening!

Obviously some ideas are bigger than others, but we have already made some changes based off your feedback for update #1.

:D

Based off stuff you guys have said we have:

• Made the pause button look a bit nicer
    • Made the background a bit nicer. It is a bit brighter, and has a mild vignette effect.
    • Multi touch supported. You can use up to 5 fingers at once to slice that fruit!
    • Best score displayed in game... no need to go into Openfeint!
    • More fruit! Woo!

[​IMG]

20. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    OMG is that a mango!!!