Universal Fruit Ninja (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 20, 2010.

1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    My achievements didn't unlock at first, after exiting then reopening the app they were there.

I was wondering if there's any way to make the fruit splats permanent without affecting performance. It'd really be cool if you could keep adding more and more colours to the canvas without it disappearing, then you could also integrate "covered 75% of the screen in fruit juice" achievements.

2. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    This game is awesome. My highscore right now is 135. The game gets surprisingly difficult once your score reaches 100. All i
    can think up for updates is add more fruit and powerups that give you 10+ to
    your score

3. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    Already at #68 in overall games in the U.S. store

4. kwang1227

kwang1227 Active Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Great game. Nice one developers.

5. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

Is the Critical Hit something that happens totally randomly, or can you somehow control when you get one?

6. HalfbrickPhil

HalfbrickPhil Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    It's random, similar to critical hits in RPG battles and soforth. From here though, we have plans to build in more gameplay features and different types of hits to add to the core gameplay.

Criticals will also help you with some Openfeint achievements - it's rare but possible to get things like two criticals in one wave of fruit.

We're currently rising in all charts and hope to keep the momentum going. Thanks for everyone's support and keep spreading the good word!

7. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Now tied for 17th with Bat. Damn.

Hey devs, Im a little pissed now because I hit a bomb that shouldnt have been there. Bat and I are kinda having a mini tournament thing and as I was creeping up on his score I was getting a little nervous. I was two fruits away and a fat pile of fruit came up in a clump and I thought "my god I just passed him." I was wrong.

Apparently, I hit the first two fruits to tie it up and then hit a bomb hidden behind the rest of the fruit. I did not see it, it was completely covered by fruit. This made me really mad because I felt that I could have gone on to the top.

Please look into this. I would really hate for this to happen again, to me or anyone else.

8. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

This game needs a "zen mode" a place where the fruit that didn't quite cut the grade ;) in the main arena can have a chance to meet their glorious and juicy doom...

Just you, the fruit and those wonderful and ambient background sound effects which can help pass the time... :D

9. articulate

articulate Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I encountered that once, but I heard the telltale fizz of the bomb and started hacking the fruit one by one and sure enough it dropped down, cost me an X but saved my game ;)

10. airsosick

airsosick Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Game is awesome, great job developers - I'm glad to see good games like this coming out of my homeland. :D

But, just a question - am I stupid, or is there no way to view your highscore without going into Openfeint? Keeping in mind that I don't have wifi (I'm working on it!), it kind of sucks that I can't view my highscores and see if I'm actually improving or not.

11. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I was playing with sound off :(

12. laladanger

laladanger Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    While offline you can go into Openfeint and click on leaderboards to view only your highscores and achievements.

13. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Nope, youre not stupid. Unless Im stupid too. Thats another thing I would like, local high scores, in addition to openfeint. Right now you can only see your highest score, I would really like to see the top ten or so, maybe with initials like Scoops has. I would really like this so my friends and I can compete for the top spot on my device.

14. HalfbrickPhil

HalfbrickPhil Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    In a very evil way I'm actually glad you guys are bringing up these issues - if only because we're addressing many of them with the first update and I'm looking forward to you guys enjoying the game more! As I speak there are guys behind me slashing away and testing new content, so I'll keep you in the loop right here about when it's available. Hint - it's very soon.

In the meantime, I have a question - which is your favorite fruit to slash? I'm actually hearing lots of reports on the banana, which oddly enough is the least dramatic. Thoughts?

15. airsosick

airsosick Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Thanks! I just tried that - it tells me my highest score I think, but it doesn't say anything about achievements. Might be because I don't have an OpenFeint account, though achievement notifications pop up during gameplay so... who knows.

I'm really glad I'm not the only one that had trouble with it, but I agree, something local to the actual game would be cool, as opposed to having everything go through OF, even if it is just the top ten. It's the first time I've encountered something like this in a game. Not a deal breaker, just.. weird.

Other than that, this is one awesome purchase, especially since I can sneakily play it at work with nobody knowing what I'm doing. :p

16. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Oh, they'll notice once you start shouting "DIE you vile fruit!" and see you slashing your iPhone like you're insane.

My favorite fruit is also the banana. I think the fact that it makes a different sound is awesome, and it really sounds like a banana would if you cut it in half.

17. laladanger

laladanger Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    My favorite currently is the kiwi, although banana is slowly but surely creeping up into that place. I think what does it for me is how it has a soft, uncrisp sound unlike all the others.

I beat my highscore when I was offline, but when I got back online, it didn't show up as my highscore. That was a downer. Good thing I just beat that score though. Made me creep up 800 spots. :p

Woo 500th post!

18. airsosick

airsosick Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I nearly completely gave myself away playing Tilt To Live once - when I died and saw I'd gotten a new high score score, I did a victory fist pump. It was a little awkward to say the least.

Favourite fruit - watermelon. I like how it splatters. :D

19. Zetaspawn

Zetaspawn Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I would definitely have to say banana. And I think it has to do with the oddly satisfying sound of it's demise. I literally can't wait for the next update. I'm super psyched to see what you've learned from reactions and how you build this little guy up...

Also congratulations on your creep towards the top 50. Almost there!!!!

20. Rocketman919

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    More suggestions.

Powerups. Stuff like Bomb Shield or other things. Idk. But powerups.

New modes. Here are a few of my ideas.

1. A mode where it throws up food in a certain shape and you have to get them all in one swipe. Like say for instance it throws up a circle of fruit with a bomb in the middle, you have to get it with one swipe.

2. Bomb frenzy. This mode throws up like 5 bombs and only 1 or 2 pieces of fruit, so you have to be precise with your cuts.

Ok other stuff. Themes. If you want to put in vegetables or other things, put them in but be sure that you can change back to the original fruit mode.

Whatever you do, don't change the classic mode. Just create more modes and have a whole bunch of leaderboards for each.