Universal Fruit Ninja (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Bozza

Bozza Member

Mar 2, 2009
    #61 Bozza, Apr 21, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
    Found a bug. I had reached game over so I quit the current game and went back to the menu. I then went into open feint and checked the facebook connectivity. Then I quit the game Completely but because it's so addictive! I went back on it about 5 minutes later. I was presented with a pause screen, which I proceeded to unpause. This put me back in my previous game, all my lives had gone (3 red crosses) but my score was still there (about 90) I went on to play and got a new high score, the game ended when I lost another life (4th life)

edit - I don't mean to sound negative because I LOVE this game, congratulations! This could easily be the next doodle jump/angry birds that people have been after.

My favorite fruit has to be the bananna, you've nailed the sound! So satisfying.

2. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    218!!

Must... play... moreee.....

3. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Wow, great catch Bozza. Haven't seen this ourselves, but will most certainly get a fix in for the update! Thanks for the detailed description as well, will make it much easier for us to track down!

Haha, I hope you don't mind that we used it... when we read it it was just TOO awesome! Brought great joy to all the team here! :D

Don't worry about that... there is plenty more Fruit Ninja to come thats for sure ;)

4. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I have nothing to officially say, but just thought I would quote this... :cool:

Thanks for all the feedback so far everyone! We are reading every single thing you guy's say and taking this whole update business super seriously, so keep it coming! :D

5. articulate

articulate Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I have just one small tiny suggestion.

Could you make the slices correlate with the slice location? Hmmm, kinda like Draw Slasher where if you slice the hair off a zombie pirate you really do slice off the scalp of it and not just cutting it in half.

I know that vertical/horizontal slices get recognised but sometimes when I slash fruit intentionally at an angle it slices it in half and I actually see a slash that doesn't quite correspond to where my finger was at that moment.

And I like that suggestion about slicing already sliced fruit! I want to chop that banana up into more pieces! :p

6. gunslinger

gunslinger Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Great game! Would be cool to have multipliers by slicing 2 or more fruits at once. And some bonuses like slow motion.

7. kiranb28

Mar 17, 2010
    Yes Yes Yes! We need a YAN CAN COOK achievement!!

For you youngins, go look him up on Youtube :D

8. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    #68 loves2spoon, Apr 21, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
    In the next update could you add the option to flip screen or auto rotate like most other games?

:)

Please make this for the iPad! Thani you

9. caltab

caltab Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    didn't think a slicing game would hold my interest, but there is just enough going on here for it to be a great casual game. very fun

10. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Indeed mate. This is a very simple game. Reminds me of Flight Control - damn simple to get, but gets increasingly wicked and you curse yourself for failing and just have to start again. The difficulty ramps up alot faster than FC, so it gets interesting real quick.

As someone else has noted, the slices do not always correspond to the angle you slice at. And you can't slice the halves again into quarters (could see a mini-game there or achievement for slicing a single pineapple into 16 pieces before they all fall!), but I'm sure the dev already has that in mind!

11. kiranb28

Mar 17, 2010
    I suggested the same before - looking forward to a) a multi-slice upgrade and b) a more realistic physics based slicing system (so the fruit doesn't always get sliced in half by default).

There are tons and tons of fun possibilities that can be added to this game - I hope the devs take advantage of them and deliver :D

12. Sxethang

Sxethang Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    I saw this on appshopper yesterday and thought, oh brother what will they think of next, but after reading everything I must pick it up to see what I'm missing?

13. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    The fruit facts are awesome too.

This is gonna stay on my first page for a while.

14. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
  15. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Hell yeah 9th place. 340 fruits killed.

LMFAO Hodapp has 6!

16. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Damn you bat. I'm gonna catch up. I was 11th, now more people are buying it and are pushing me further away. I wish people would stop buying this so I could eventually take the top spot. That's never gonna happen though

17. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I hope they add more fruit killing sound effects. I hear the same ones much too often.

18. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Ok I have some things that should be added. Actually just one, a full fledged pause menu. Could you at least have the mute buttons on the pause menu?

I also have some ideas for new modes that I'll post soon.

19. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    How about 2x 3x 4x speed, omg too much fruit! see how many you can slice!

p.s please no bombs in other game modes :D

20. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    At first I was skeptical about picking this up, but I am sure glad I did because it is a TON of fun! The swipe mechanism registers perfectly and the sound affects are great. The fruit facts are a really nice feature and make losing not so bad :)

It would be cool if you can chop the fruit into smaller pieces for a higher score, maybe that will be added in a future update.

For some reason the achievements I complete are not unlocking in OpenFeint. Is anyone else experiencing this?