Universal Fruit Ninja (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 20, 2010.

1. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    LOL welcome to the fruit killing clan!

2. HalfbrickPhil

HalfbrickPhil Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Nope, I was behind the camera. The banana is our lead programmer Steve, while the Ninja and Strawberry were the team from the comedy duo Skills in Time. You can check out their website at www.skillsintime.com

You are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks very much for your kind words and support. We really hoped Fruit Ninja would take off in a big way so with the help of Touch Arcade and fans such as yourself we should be able to keep bringing great content to Fruit Ninja. Let your friends know about the game and hopefully we should all be playing it for a long time!

3. laladanger

laladanger Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Ossum game. I never thought slicing fruits could become so addicting. With it's precise touch controls and great sound/slicing effects, makes this the perfect pick up and play game. Just be wary of the sneaking bombs trying to end your ninja mission with just one slice.

Wow that was a lot of enthusiasm. Very good game, though, and the slice to retry keeps me slicing that button. I can't wait for the upcoming updates.

4. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    There's something freakishly EVIL about this game. I spent the last 20 minutes on the crapper inside my office complex when I should have been working inside. From a high score of 22, to 59 to finally 173, there's no end to wanting to go at it again and again and again. This is going to go head-to-head with Tilt To Live for the best "Just One More Time, DAMNIT" game.

Simple concept, superbly executed - will leave a 5-star review in a couple of hours.

Suggestions/add-ons i'd like to see:
    - Multi-slashing a fruit - I can't count how many times I badly wanted to re-slice those halves again into tiny shreds :p
    - More varieties of fruit (already mentioned it would be in future upgrades by you)
    - Better splat effects (perhaps more realistic, going towards the direction of your slash)
    - Background options (add your own wallpaper, perhaps?)
    - Different sword types (Wolverine's triplets :D)
    - Vegetables? ;o

Cheers to developing a fun-filled and addictive gaming experience which will probably keep us happy for a long time to come.

5. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Since other members pointed me here for laughs, I decided to buy this. It was TOYALLY worth it. One of the greatest pick up and play games I've played.

I'd say more, but I'm very tired. Anyway, well done to the developers.

6. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    I hate TA!! You people make me spend at least $10-$20 a day on games......

:D:D:D:D

7. EMTKiNG

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    You know You Like It!!!:p

8. Zetaspawn

Zetaspawn Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Reminds me of the fruit chopping segment of rhythm heaven. Hmmm

9. EMTKiNG

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    No Hmmmmmm just buy it!!:D

10. Zetaspawn

Jan 11, 2009
    Ok fine you win. I think I've already killed more fruit than I've eaten in my whole life.... One of the silly things I enjoy is the bananas sound.

11. nicolaxl

nicolaxl Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    photograph
    italy
    the game is fun,i like in future more games mode and more bonus in stage and things to do.the only thing i don't get is the random double points one some hits...besides this and hoping in future update the game is very nice.

12. Zetaspawn

Jan 11, 2009
    I know it must be silly to see people telling you how to make your own game... But I did think of a few things that i think could make it even awesomer....

Making specific requirements to get the critical(slicing at the fruits highest point, slicing a certain amount of fruit in a specified time, slicing a certain amount in one slice, building up a combo by not having "empty" slicing) those all could be things that could have their own special point amount....

I agree with the background and additional fruit ideas... I'd like to see them unlockable... For reaching milestones. I don't want it all just handed to me.

And I like the idea of vegetables... But maybe feature them in their own special mode( use vegetables for time attack where you launch an absurd amount of vegetables and bombs and you have a countdown and slicing bombs cause you to lose time) I think that would be better than mixing in veggies into the main mode... Time attack would still be great with fruit too..

Maybe a better way to tell what is a whole fruit and what is a sliced fruit. I found myself either trying to slice one I already got, or missing one that was caught in the mess of fruit pieces.

You could also have a puzzle mode where each throw requires a single slice and there are bombs you'd have to dodge.

I'm sure you've thought of most of these by yourselves but I'm just mentioning what came to mind. Very enjoyable game. I gave it a 5 star review on iTunes. Congrats and I hope we see this climbing up the charts... You deserve it a lot more than most of the apps on there right now...

Oh also.... Ipad... Would be glorious chaos with all the screen.... also It screams multiplayer... Fruit battles... Maybe a mode where one person launches the fruit and the other slices?

13. EMTKiNG

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    Come on guys if you love the game remember to review only takes a minute poor fruit ninja clan only has 4 ratings

14. nicolaxl

nicolaxl Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    photograph
    italy

agree..time attack would be nice too..in future multy would be nice too...i just review it on eu store.(5 stars)

15. Zetaspawn

Jan 11, 2009
    Well hold on now. I've sent my review and it's not up yet. So I have faith that people are writing them... We just are seeing a delay in getting them published. I want to see 5 full shiny golden stars... That would get the average iphoners attention.

16. kiranb28

Mar 17, 2010
    5 Star rating and review submitted :D

17. kiranb28

Mar 17, 2010
    Yeah I see that trend too.

On the other hand, i'm flattered that my comment from here got put up in the Appstore's game description, lol...

"Just spent 15 minutes on the crapper in my office complex playing this little gem of a game. Productivity -1"

18. EMTKiNG

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    LOL it was just a friendly reminder wasn't saying any names or anything. I also want to see 5 golden stars!!:cool:

19. Fedorov

Fedorov Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Sounded tempting and worth a try at this price and very please I did - already left a 5-star review, I see this as being up there with Doodle Jump and Angry Birds for simple addictiveness! :)

20. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Alright, you got me... I'm buying this now. Mostly due to the sense of dedication I'm getting from the devs here, so you'd better deliver!