Universal Fruit Ninja (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Well, the new gold blade you get from the tournament isn't all that big a deal. It's kinda annoying actually. Most of the updates now are just excuses to tinker with and expand the consumables in the game. Now we have golden apples or whatever they are. Luckily, the best part of the game is still arcade mode and it's not been destroyed by the consumables. Using the background that gives a 50% discount on the power-ups and the blade that gives a 25 point bonus for critical hits works well and keeps me more or less neutral as far as starfruit goes.

2. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    So I bought the 5th anniversary edition.
    Game launches using iPhone 4 resolution.
    Can someone confirm this is just iOS 9 Beta and that it runs totally fine in 1080P on the iPhone 6 Plus?

3. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    It runs fine on my iphone 6

4. mudads

mudads Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Just saw that an update is out. According to the notes, looks like they are finally removing the IAP from the game. Awesome news to hear if I am reading that right!

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    They did away with the entire Starfruit currency and now you can only buy packs of 50 power ups for a buck. It's much more reasonable.

Oh, and there are the various events (such as the Ghostbusters one, etc) that you can still buy for $4.99, as well as blades, but it's definitely feeling like a premium game again.

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    **edit** nevermind... sorry