Universal Fruit Ninja (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Say Halfbrick, how bout cleaning up the GC leaderboards now huh? You know you can do that right? I mean I'm fairly certain scores in the billions are not possible in Arcade Mode...;) Put an upper limit of about 5,000 on there maybe...

2. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    You have to unlock blades and backgrounds again but you don't have to pay Starfruit to get them again, so it's just a matter of getting high enough level before you can use them again.

3. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    The new halloween update needs to be a feature available year round! Awesome! :)

4. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    #2504 tahzblade, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
    Hate it how they pulled the HD version.

Should I re-buy this game ?

I remember enjoying this game but not sure if it's worth re-buying or not since the update and plus, ditching the HD version just sucks for anyone who bought that version :(

5. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    #2505 Zevious Zoquis, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
    As long as it can be turned off! I hate the ghostly fruit and can't wait for the end of the promo...

....and please clean up the leaderboards! I got a new high score in arcade the other day...1840 freakin points! Sadly I'm buried somewhere on the board beneath hundreds of cheat scores...

6. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada

The game has changed quite a bit over the years - and not entirely for the better. It now has a bolted on experience point element that has you climb up through 30 levels un-locking backgrounds and blades as you go. The BGs and blades now have special powers. It also has an internal monetary system called Starfruit that you acquire by playing or of course can be purchased with real cash as iap. In order to unlock all the bg and blade powers you have to both achieve the necessary EXP level and you have to pay a fee in starfruit. Getting everything unlocked will take some time as some of them are quite expensive. I'm maxed out at level 30 and still have blades and bgs to unlock - although most of them aren't really very useful anyway so it doesn't really matter. The good thing is that none of the bgs or blades really impacts scoring all that much as long as you are using the power ups...

Having said that, the core gameplay remains awesome. There was a period of time after one of the updates last year where they changed the swipe mechanic such that you could only hit combos that were pretty much straight lines. That sucked. Took alot of the skill out of the game and my average score dropped by a couple hundred or so. Now though it seems they've returned to the original mechanic that allows for nice curved swipes so you can pull off some real "ninja-like" combos again. :)

For me it's all about Arcade Mode. I use the bg that cuts the power cost in half and the blade that gives 25 points for a crit and that way I'm pretty much always in the black as far as starfuit goes...

7. thetrackt

thetrackt Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Sweet stuff. What's the best blade/dojo combo in the game?

8. iPhones iOS

iPhones iOS Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Rochester, New York
    Wait, they pulled The H. D. Version? That stinks!

9. DBrown519

DBrown519 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Environmental, Health, and Safety Fields
    Fullerton (Orange County), CA
    I think bro all you have to do is update it, and it will be cool.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Buy it.. It's well worth it. I was bummed by them puling the HD version too, but in the end this is still one of the best on iOS deserving of the support.

In other news, i hope for an update soon coz the halloween/ghostbusters theme and icon feels a bit outdated already.

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nope. Thas not how it works sadly.

12. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Yeah i've had more than enough of the ghostbusters theme.

13. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    It does give us an advantage. If we prefer the game in its original form,bwe can redownload the HD version.

14. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Thank goodness the ghostbusters promo thing is finally over!

15. thenightfly42

thenightfly42 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    So I just downloaded the update, and there's a $2 Chainsaw Blade available. However, I don't see any pictures or explanation of it. Does it change the gameplay, or is it just visual?

16. decafjava

decafjava New Member

Nov 21, 2011
    So I updated Fruit Ninja and lost ALL my progress, all the starfruit and blades I already obtained ages ago. I really don't want to grind to get them again, and I WON'T buy more starfruit just to repurchase them. Same thing happened to my Jetpack Joyride. Pretty disappointed. :(

17. Golden Boy

Golden Boy Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    What bad luck, I saw you say this also happened for your JPJR updated. I feel for you, losing your hard-earned progress sucks.

I updated with no problems. Were you signed up for their login service before updating?

18. decafjava

decafjava New Member

Nov 21, 2011
    No I was not-I signed up afterwards when I noticed my progress gone. I've updated every time without a problem, not sure what went on here.

19. Golden Boy

Golden Boy Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Financial Manager
    Were you using the iCloud saving feature inside the game before updating?

Just wondering, cause for both games JPJR and Fruit Ninja, I use that feature and never had any issues.

Again, sucks that it happened. You must have lost a lot of progress. =(

20. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    Anyone else getting crashes on startup on iPhone 6s? Using IOS8.4

><