Universal Fruit Ninja (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    hmmm...no more Gamecenter?

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Huh? It's working fine for me. This update is really awesome, Fruit Ninja 2014 :D

3. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Yeah I see it does log in to GC but I can't find a way to see the boards within the game...

Update seems pretty good. The game seems to run a bit more smoothly - it had gotten pretty stuttery over the years.

4. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    On the main menu at the bottom right is a "more" option, in it GC is the bottom option :)

5. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Is online multiplayer back? I miss that mode :(

6. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    I wish the update for the iPad version would come soon...

7. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Nope, didn't see it. I did end up playing like 23 game in a row of arcade, they've added some cool stuff that has given me new incentive to keep coming back :D

8. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    The ipad updated seems to be install Fruit Ninja Free. I was wondering the same thing and when I played Fruit Ninja HD the News item said update to the new version and clicking it took me to the app store to install the other version.

My profile and starfruit seemed to transfer over to the new version automatically. Weird but it worked.

9. tak437

tak437 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Update looks great so far. Maybe its just mine, but not having gamecenter leaderboards stinks.

10. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  11. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    yeah I miss having them in game too...

12. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Just scored 1538 in Arcade...haven't played much in ages but I'm starting to get my slicing mojo back. :D

13. MelonMasher

MelonMasher Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Petroleum Logistics Scheduler
    Texas
    Waiting for inevitable Fruit Ninja Retro Classic edition (at least I hope so).

14. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Wow fantastic update! I really thought they were going to ruin the game and fill it with a bunch of unnecessary b.s. & iaps (it felt as if the game was heading that route). I was completely wrong. The game feels fresh and improved. It's still your typical simple, fun, get in n get out, fruit slicer game! Just with some extra features that keep you coming back.

There is one major major problem though. There's no more competition... Aside from trying to beat your own high score. Game center feels pointless now. They should have a tab on the high scores section that lets you switch from game center score to Google+/facebook scores, rather than making you go to "more" and making you exit the application. The way they have it set up right now... Is well... Stupid. It was a pretty stupid idea.

Features they should add in the future:
    Global leader boards tournaments
    Multiplayer w/ a rating system

15. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    What's New in Version 2.0.0

This is the biggest Fruit Ninja update ever! The entire game has been redesigned from the ground up to accommodate an incredible amount of content for new and existing players.

AWESOME POWERS - Blades and Dojos in the game now add a unique twist to gameplay. Bonus powers, extra time, fresh surprises – everything changes the game, so experiment with your favorite combinations and take your score to a whole new level!

NEW MENUS – We’ve rebuilt everything! A new intuitive menu flow showcases the action, so it’s now even easier to get to where you need to be and slice that fruit!

UNIVERSE AND CHARACTERS – Welcome to the world of Fruitasia, which is home to many colorful characters! In this update please welcome Katsuro and Mari, joining Sensei, Gutsu and Truffles to guide you through the action! More characters will be added regularly!

16. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Okay... time for me to reinstall this baby :)

I don't even know if I'll recognize the changes. I haven't played this in over a year!

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    So they updated Fruit Ninja into universal and added the new content?

I have FN HD, but there isnt any update on mine. I guess i'll just buy it again? o_O

That would mean a reset back to zero on my unlocks, wouldnt it?

18. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    It looks like unlocks are handled different now anyway. You unlock dojos and swords via experience that fills a bar.
    I haven´t played in ages and did a clean install today, so i can´t say for sure. but check a page or two earlier in this thread! Somebody "upgraded" from the HD version already.

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #2499 L.Lawliet, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
    Too bad you didn't nab it when it went free. It's gone free a couple times this year apparently. I can't remember why though..

Actually seeing as they added experience bars, I wonder if I should start clean or "upgrade". It might be more fun having nothing and working your way up if that's the way it is.

Edit:

Well apparently I'm such a genius I never backed up my old Fruit Ninja game. I don't see my save file anywhere on my comp. But I backed up Puss in Boots smh. Gah. Oh well, lets grind from the beginning again! I'm just bummed I unlocked so many good blades. But ah well, it'll be like a new experience :)

20. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Doesn't matter. Save game or no you still have to re-unlock everything. However if you had any starfruit saved up you still get to keep them. I do like the way the power-ups are handled now. You just turn them on and the starfruit are automatically withdrawn from your "account" for each round rather than buying them 10 at a time or whatever.

Currently I've gotten to level 14 experience. I'm using the background that halves the cost of power-up fruit and the blade that gives you 25 pts per critical hit and basically I'm not running out of starfruit at all - meaning I'm earning as much as I'm spending ftmp...