iPad Frozen Synapse iPhone (By Mode 7)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 8, 2015.

1. CHEESEYZOMBIE

CHEESEYZOMBIE Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2013
    @Luciano1084 hit me up on enemy within, cant find any challenging players :/

2. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Fffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuu

3. chilifries

chilifries New Member

Feb 18, 2015
  4. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    seriously, why isn't this a multi-alarm freebie alert

5. netmute

netmute Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    I don't know, I'm kind of glad I didn't pay money for this.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved Frozen Synapse on the PC. It's one of the best games ever made. But this version...

The icons aren't retina, the buttons are out of alignment and just look like they're all over the place. Some fonts are too big and overlap with other elements. And I'm unable to exit a replay once I watched it (Have to kill the app and restart).

And that are just the things I immediately noticed after 15 minutes of playing.

I makes me sad to say this, because I'm sure a lot of work went into this port, but at the moment: just get the PC/Mac version instead :(

6. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #46 Ayjona, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
    Yes, this port is quite divise. The actual mechanics are still brilliant, and thus the game is still awesome (and I actually am glad I did pay money for it, and would gladly have payed at least twice as much).

But the port is truly shoddy. Perhaps it was an experiment on the part of mode7, and they were unwilling to invest that extra time to polish the interface (or even to implement push notifications for multiplayer turns) since they had doubts the game would find a good home on iOS.

If so, I hope the experiment pays off, so that they can bring Frozen Cortex and Frozen Synapse Prime to iOS in full, un-shoddied glory.

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    So, I know I'm late to the party, but with FS Prime released, I figured I'd jump back into my backlog and check this out...

I've never played the PC version and don't play much online games, but I am hooked on this... I spent last night watching the tutorials and this morning getting into the campaign, and now on stage 4, I'm pretty sure this will never leave my device. =oD