iPhone Frozen Synapse - (by Mode 7)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 15, 2013.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Am I one of the only ones that isn't bothered about retina resolution? If a games good then it's good regardless of graphics,
    I've spent all week playing wazhack and that doesn't have the best graphics ever :D,
    Can't wait for this.

2. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Can't wait!

I'm going to freak out if this game gets pulled, like Leviathan: Warships was, before dropping in the U.S.

3. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    ***takes break from Battlefield 3***

What is this Frozen Synapse that you guys speak of?

***goes back to Battlefield and realizes that as a strategy whore, I must buy this tonight!***

4. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

+15

4 hours, 9 minutes

5. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Supposed to be here 10 minutes ago...... Where are you Synapse you little tease!?

6. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'm in the uk and downloaded it using the link on the first page.

7. SteveWD40

SteveWD40 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    #47 SteveWD40, May 16, 2013
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
    No link showing, when I quoted the url and pasted into chrome it just opened itunes then the app store but no game window opened...

Edit: worked after a few attempts.

8. drdreh

drdreh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Oh no! Only tutorial videos, no tutorial ingame!!!

9. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    I started the campaign and just watched the videos in there while playing the 1st mission. It's not as good as a in game tutorial but it works fine

10. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

#50 Sloany, May 16, 2013

Not available in the uk? WTF?! Do you want to switch th NZ App Store? No I don't!! I used the link from the first page.

EDIT: I did a search using safari and found a link that worked

11. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Grrr on the app, no link.

12. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #52 LordGek, May 16, 2013
    Can one play any of the Multiplayer modes vs. AI?

13. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

wonderful game, i wish it had sharper graphics and push notifications, but otherwise, really good. this and eclipse are probably my favorite games on ipad =3

14. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm sad to see almost no retina support at all. The walls are sharp, but only because they're rendered in 3D. Everything else is blurry, and for a game featuring quite a lot of small text, this is a silly oversight. Even the icon is low resolution. In fact it's plain ugly.

I don't mind paying a premium for games, but I also paid a premium for my iPad, so that I could have the extra pixels and enjoy the extra-good-looking apps that support it.

15. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008

16. iamthekiller

iamthekiller Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Everybody, don't listen to this kind of pixel whoring whining. The game looks great. Nobody advertised it as having a shit ton of pixels. It's a premium game because of the gameplay and depth.

17. andsoitgoes

Maybe I'm just not that picky, but while it isn't perfect, it's sure far from unplayable.

I was going to take a screen cap, but it doesn't show the actual image, it compresses the quality quite a bit.

Whoa. That said, playing through the campaign.. That's some teeeeeeny tiny text.

I think we need to have a chitty chat with developers about this.

And I'm bummed that you can't seem to just have random hotseat games against the AI :(

I think this may be a bit if a miss for me. Not for the little failings I've mentioned, but because I just don't think I'll be very good.

But hey, if they release the co-op, I'll just have to gift it or force my friend to get it and we will play together. Otherwise I'll lose. Like I always do. How I got through as much Shining Force (1 AND 2), FFT:A, Suikoden and the ilk I'll never know.

For the price I paid, I sure as heck am going to give this a heck of a go. It seems very cool, that's for sure. But I gots to get my eclipse games going first and foremost.

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Can we please not resort to jabs and name calling? And yes, that is not a request. Everyone on TouchArcade "whines" about something...whether it's widescreen support, iCade support, HDMI Out, universal vs. separate builds, In App Purchases, ellipses in titles, or in Midian's case; iPad retina support. Whether or not we all have different opinions on the above, they're all still valid things to bring up and certainly don't deserve to be labelled " _____ whoring whining".

19. Windburn

Windburn Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm in the same boat, I hate seeing blurry text and graphics on my iPad. I've already played Frozen Synapse to death on PC, and I love it to bits, but I see it as somewhat lazy and a bit of a cash-in not to revisit the graphics to meet the tech available (and for some time now) at release.

I mean, that's why I bought the new iPad (and the extra space) in the first place.

I agree that gameplay should reign supreme, but when you've already purchased and played through a game many, many a time over, you'd expect your next experience with it to at least be on par with, not worse, than your last one.

20. andsoitgoes

It also shouldn't look like crap on the current crop of devices. I'm not saying it needs to be 100% retina assets, but the text is very small and much harder than necessary to read because the developers did nothing to support the higher resolution screens.

Looking at Vendetta online, that game was retina optimized, if I'm not mistaken, or at least tailored to have its text clearly and easily readable.

Asking for a game that commands a premium price like this to support the current display isn't an unfair request, sorry.

Just to confirm - do you have a retina iPad?