iPhone Frozen Synapse - (by Mode 7)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 15, 2013.

1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Shame about the blurry UI, hopefully it's nothing too jarring.

You call that a double dip? I hope you donated $100 to the Humble Bundle!

2. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    After all the buzz leading up to launch date, I'm really looking forward to hearing more gameplay impressions. This is definitely the most intriguing game of the today's releases.

3. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    "I need this inside of me." - My iPad.

4. chris1215

chris1215 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
  5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Damnit... I'm just about to sell my iPad 2 - which will leave me iPadless...

Still might pick this one up for whenever I get my next iPad. =oP

Been excited for this one for a while now... just sucks I won't really get to get into it. =oP

6. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    #26 iPadisGreat, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
    Download size: 354MB

On the road now and can't download over 3G. Darn Apple and their 3G Appstore download limits...

What is the installed size, so I can start clearing space?

Attached Files:

7. eXes0r

eXes0r New Member

Jan 21, 2013
    The space you need to download and install an app is always roughly double the download size.

Edit: Misread your post.

8. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Unfortunate week, this one: a huge number of games have shown up, but almost none that I'm interested in, while the most notable release thus far (this one) is a game I already have on PC. :p

Going to have to wait another week or so for Agricola and Warhammer Quest, it seems.

9. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Can one play against AI in any of those 5 MP modes? Does the game track any sort of scores for campaign or skirmish play (beyond simply who won the match)?

10. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Cool, I didn't know Agricola wa due out this month! And Warhammer Quest can't get here quick enough!

11. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Paying $10 to watch 10+ Videos as a Tutorial to understand how a Game is working. Is Mode 7 just to lazy to create an InGame Tutorial?

12. ColeDaddy

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Uh, oh. First volley. Keep 'em coming. Need to hear more about this game.

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Look at the first post's review score quotes. The game is the same as it is on PC (hence cross-platform play).

14. ColeDaddy

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Yup. Read. Trolling for other opinions outside of the reviews for a more balanced perspective. I may be a buyer tonight, but am looking for more gameplay goodness for the port.

15. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Playdek submitted Agricola to Apple last week, so it shouldn't be too far away now.

The PC version has both an in-game tutorial and links to external tutorial videos (should you feel the need), and I can't see the iPad version being different in that regard.

16. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    392 mb installed on my iPad 1. Runs great!

17. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I was REALLY hoping Agricola would hit this week. A huge part of me is hoping it will ninja into the App Store ala eclipse.

Warhammer seems to have a much less solid release date. I don't see it has been submitted yet, and all the buzz is "within the next month or 2". Personally, I'd be happy with tonight as well ;). Another ninja release wouldn't disappoint.

As for this, Sanuku - are you meaning you paid $10 for the game and had to watch videos to learn it? I presume you don't have some weird government regulation that charges you a dollar per video?

I agree that games with any level of complexity should have a good tutorial. I don't think that's too much to ask. But I figure if I can understand Eclipse, I'll be able to make my way through this.

My issue though is that unlike Leviathan, I don't see this having co op play. That's my main reason for multi platform games, so I'll be a bit sad if I have to play against, and lose to, my Android friend.

18. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Exactly the same thought I had, but I've resigned myself to expecting it next week, so if it pops up earlier it'll be a bonus.

The "Red" DLC expansion for FS introduced co-op play versus AI opponents, but I believe that's not yet available for the iPad version.

19. Windburn

Windburn Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hrm, as much as I loved Frozen Synapse, I'm most concerned with the blurry "retina" issue. I'm starting to worry when companies don't specifically list their games as having retina support (see, Leviathan). Have been burned before!

20. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

At least Eclipse is keeping me very very very happy for now. Though PlayDek has always been excellent. PlayDek could make a go fish game and I'd buy it.

Good to know about the DLC expansion though. I PRAY it does well enough to justify adding in the DLC. I'll be buying it regardless because, well, it's awesome.