iPhone Frozen Synapse - (by Mode 7)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 15, 2013.

1. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Yeah that could be it

2. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I completely agree here.

I "got" eclipse and felt engaged to keep playing early on, versus this which just feels daunting And terrifically unwieldy. I can't easily reference specific things. Is there even a clear manual?

I'm not knocking the game, it's clear most people in the world love it, but it is complex for some of us. Me included. I haven't even felt excited about going back because, well, OY.

3. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Fair enough. Just know if u commit and give this some love you'll get some gaming heaven in return :)

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    This coming to iphone at all? Sorry havent been following the thread.

5. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    No talk of it yet. To be honest in its current state it wouldn't be much good on the iphone. Some of the actions need to be pretty precise and the UI can be fiddly.

Hopefully this will get an overhaul soon so more ios users can have a shot

6. TopherW

TopherW Active Member

Jun 15, 2012
    For all of those who feel it can be daunting. I would recommend checking out TotalBiscuits WTF on this game. It helped teach me quite a bit. It is on Youtube and about a half hour. Connected about 70% of the dots. Then watched a few other people's videos and connected even more.

I am not great but my guys at least do what I tell them to do. Which is all you can ask of them.

7. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
  8. Ssylex

Ssylex Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    Software Engineer
  9. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Does anyone know when the red expansion pack might come out, and how expensive it will be? Also can some one explain how rockets and grenadiers work? I understand that you have to manually instruct rockets to fire, but is it the same for grenades? And can I blow up walls with grenades?

10. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    #290 Twenty One, May 24, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
    Rockets will blow up any wall except the "boundary" walls. Kneel down to hit half-cover blocks.
    Grenades can bounce off walls but do not blow them up...and yes, grenades shoot manually like the rockets.

Red expansion will be soon is all the Devs are saying right now.

11. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    The firing mechanic is the same for both. Grenades will not damage walls.

12. taskerMX

taskerMX Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    What's the content on this Red Expansion?

13. jamarohn

jamarohn Active Member

May 18, 2012
    Also key, especially on Dark modes: Grenades can be launched while ducked behind a half cover. This is the only unit that can do that.

14. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    HAHA. I never knew you could do this until you blew up the block that my guys were cowering behind. Lesson learnt the hard way :)

15. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Still can't get enough of this game. Yes, I am going 6-7 W/L ratio:)o), but it is so much fun! Actually the first game to go into my sig. It plays like a dream on the iPad mini.

16. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Yeah I'm loving it heaps. Few rounds in a bit?

17. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Sounds great, gonna be a bit though. Around midnight here. Can't wait to play though!

18. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I've started playing FS over the weekend and so far I'm loving it! I played a bit with the skirmish and I started the first 5 missions in the campaign - I love the variety so far, very cool!
    The game isn't perfect though, there are a few small issues that detract from it, although not by much:
    - after submitting the move, a loading type screen is shown. It's quite jarring in my opinion as you are taken away from the action, I believe it would have been more elegant to have that loading bar on top of the play area, it would be more continues.
    - the text size is indeed quite small and hard to read.
    - Game Center with acheivements and more importantly, in multiplayer - notifications when it is your turn to play.

These as you can see are small issues from the fantastic whole. I would suggest for newcomers to watch the tutorial videos and some strategy guides on YouTube before diving in. Afterwards the interface makes sense and you feel very much in control of your troops.

19. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    What´s happening with the TA tournament? I played two games versus the same opponent and then nothing.

//Pedroapan

20. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Not sure. I'm still waiting for Twenty One to move. Happy to set up a new one