iPhone Frozen Synapse - (by Mode 7)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 15, 2013.

1. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    You can count me in! I certainly am still not that good at the game, but I am slowly improving. Very very enjoyable can. One of the best tactical strategy/TBS games I have ever played. I want the PC version as well!

2. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    I want in on the tournament even though I know I don't stand a chance.

3. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    ID the same as your Gamecentre ID?

4. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
  5. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Hi,

Just finished my second game and this game really gets you thinking! Perhaps I'm taking this to seriously but I have taken about 15 minutes per turn at least. It's really thrilling to watch the outcome even though the load up screen with match presentation ruined the exitement for my last turn since my game stats already was updated with the outcome (the match ended that turn).

One thing I haven't figured out is how what the push and pull orders do? Could someone explain, please?

Is there a way to see detailed stats, like kills/death overall, kills/death per class, time taken per turn, different mode statistics etc?

//Pedroapan

6. jamarohn

jamarohn Active Member

May 18, 2012
    I'm in, look me up jamarohn.

7. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'll join in,

8. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    *gulp

Attached Files:

9. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Ok if you search TA Tourney you should see our tourney. Not sure if it works from the ipad version yet. Even tho it's created I can't seem to open it??

10. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    I get no results when searching for the tourney, but already have two game challenges from "Woodpush3r" that say TA Tourney?

11. jamarohn

jamarohn Active Member

May 18, 2012
    I also got a few challenges from pedroapan, so I assume it's on!

12. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    C'mon, let's tango! Game is on!

//Pedroapan

13. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL

That's weird I got a challenge from you.
    Looks like my game is over with you, man I need a lot more practice before I try online.

14. jamarohn

jamarohn Active Member

May 18, 2012
    Uncle! Uncle! :'(

15. Maniacfive

Maniacfive Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Phone Sales
    Kent, UK
    :D

Love this, it's exactly what I'm thinking whenever I play. Sometimes smugly, sometimes... Afraid. I've not played a more satisfying game on iOS. When a plan comes together there are literal whoops in my house, I need someone around to high five the successes.

I'm playing this in iPad 3, took about 5 campaign missions before it 'clicked'. Didn't even notice it wasn't retina as I was concentrating on not getting my doodz killed within 2 turns.

Learning curve is 'steep' for iOS games, but as a hardcore table gamer, I don't mind not having a tutorial. Learning this is a piece of cake compared to say, playing solitaire Death Angel the first time or trying to explain Elder Signs to a new player. :D

16. Sojourn

Sojourn Well-Known Member

I tried searching for the TA Tourney, but didn't see it listed anywhere. Funny bug, though -- now that I'm in the Tournament section, I don't see how I can get back to the main menu. Weird, huh?

EDIT: The second "Create Tournament" button (on the right) is mislabeled -- it actually took me back to the Online menu. Good to know!

Attached Files:

17. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    I prefer the games where each player starts in the corners. Not taking anything away from my opponent, he totally outplayed me, but sometimes the starting clearly favors one player. I think in the future tournaments the game should be set to start players in the corners to create a more even match. Again, I'm not saying I was at a disadvantage in my games, in fact I was at an advantage in one and still got destroyed, just that I would like to see a more even match.

18. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Yeah tournament rules would be cool, like no rockets :eek:

19. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Haha, Rockets are sooooo OP!

20. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Sorry to those not in the tourney. The person that sets it up needs to invite you. Just throw in your username in the add me thread and kick off a fresh one later :)
    Meanwhile I beat a level 336 last night. So intense. One of my best gaming experiences I've had on any platform