iPhone Frozen Synapse - (by Mode 7)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 15, 2013.

1. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Looking forward to playing with some of you guys, doing the campaign at the minute and must admit I'm finding the learning curve like most people. Just hope when I hit multiplayer I don't get too badly whooped every single game!

2. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Hi

I finished my first mp-game last night with a flawless victory. Great fun! Of cause I would like to brag with it, but how do I post in on Youtube? Isn't that feature included in the ipad-version?

//Pedroapan

3. Wemac

Wemac Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Game Reviewer
    It would be awesome if the matches could get saved as a videofile in camera-roll!

4. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    I most definitely second that!

Since all games are saved on the server, they should also be searchable and viewable on some website as well, preferably www.frozensynapse.com. Search your username and view the match, that would be cool!

Pedroapan

5. jamarohn

jamarohn Active Member

May 18, 2012
    Btw, if you are new and want to experiment how line of site, field of view, ducking, etc works, try setting up a hot seat in Dark mode and play it by yourself. It's interesting how your opponents are totally invisible even if they are standing right next to you as long as they aren't in your field of view.

6. Awesome!!! Gonna play some more.

7. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Soo, quick questions just to check.

-It is a TBS game?

-It has multiplayer

-Is it hard to get into at first?

Lastly, is it worth the money?

8. retrogamer83

retrogamer83 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    United Kingdom

Yes

Yes

Yes

Depends if you're willing to get past the incredibly steep learning curve.

9. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I've been struggling through the campaign, just reached the first stage with rockets. Should be interesting. Overall though this seems to be the most strategic game I've ever played, and even though the AI is very punishing it just makes it that much more satisfying when you're able to outsmart it. I'm also a fan of the soundtrack and overall presentation of the game, it gives it a cool techno vibe.

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It's not that steep, it's just that we're on a website full of people who play iOS games.

11. Wemac

Wemac Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Game Reviewer
    I agree, the learning curve is not steep at all compared to games like Nuroshima hex etc. You got the hang of it after the tutorial...the multiplayer matching interface took me 5x as long to understand as the game play :):)

12. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Don't lump us all together. I've played games on many consoles as well as PC. And I still asked questions about the learning curve of this game. It's not just related to platform, it also has to do with the types of games (if any) you've played in this genre.

13. Farmer Harv

Farmer Harv Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    I see you're nearing four thousand posts of smug superiority. Any chance you'll run along to annoy a different forum once you hit that milestone? Please?

14. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    #234 Greyskull, May 20, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
    I don't care that there isn't much of a tutorial, but I wish the devs had bundled a .pdf instruction manual with this game. I get head-splitting eye-strain when I use my iPad for too long in one sitting, and I never remember anything from video tutorials.

Just give me something I can print out to toss on top of the toilet, and I'm good to go. I have a feeling I'll never get around to learning how to play this.

EDIT:typos

15. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    I'm on my phone so I can't insert the link but this should help. I didn't watch the videos, just played. The headaches must suck :(
    http://icebrain.net/guides/official-manual/

16. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I wasn't lumping you all together, I was generalising. That still accounts for exceptions. The game mechanics really aren't complicated at all, but for an iOS game it's fairly in-depth. I imagine the majority of users here would be out of their comfort zone trying to grasp the intricacies.

Anyway, you merely asked a question, that's a legitimate move for any game. I didn't say you were struggling with it.

It'd actually be my 19,000th post since the counter got reset once I hit 15k. I think that makes it pretty clear I'm not going anywhere soon. To be honest if you can't handle opinions the internet really isn't for you.

17. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    After a heavy flogging on my 1st session online I'm now at 18-9 and have taken down a few level 32s and drew with a 72 :). Fair to say work and family are feeling slightly neglected at the moment.

After the Devs said that they have already reached the goal they set for the iPad release I'm confident that retina and the UI will get updated down the track.

18. Farmer Harv

Farmer Harv Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Wow. That's so very...sad. I can honestly say I will never be irritated by one of your posts again after reading that.

19. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Thanks...having 20/400 vision doesn't help, even if I am far-sighted. I have apps that allow me to dl, convert to pdf or screengrab, print, etc. wothout using my PC.

20. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Just wanted to add something...video tutorials are one of the least efficient methods of learning. You can't reference specific points when the need arises, you don't control the speed, etc. I have games (well, at least one...Lords of Midnight) for ios which have manuals that can be directly saved into iBooks or your ebook/pdf platform of choice. I've pled with developers to include this feature more often, but I know I'm in the minority.

In the meantime, I have a million bookmarks, Instapaper saves, etc. which I know I'll never get around to reading.