Frootrees - Promo codes up for grabs

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by TheTinMan, Aug 25, 2009.

1. TheTinMan

TheTinMan Well-Known Member

Hi Touch Arcaders!

We are currently looking to give away 5 promo codes for our fun little froot plucking game, Frootrees.

To be able to get a promo code we need you to tell us what new features we should add to our sequel Frootrees 2 : Pluck Me! due out near the end of the year. The top 5 suggestions that we receive on this forum will each recieve a promo code.

Be warned Frootrees is a deceptive game and we feel some people come to it thinking its a simple drag and drop game, when actually there's a little more to it! Its all about our risk vs reward mechanism using the multipliers and the "flick up" move to maximise your points total! To check out a video or for more info on the game then visit the Frootrees website.

We will reveal the 5 winners this week on Friday. Remember too we have a hi-score contest ending this coming Sunday, so if you win you can try for a hi-score and win even more promo codes for future Tin Man releases! See our blog for more details on that.

Thanks and good luck! :D

The Tin Man

2. Philsquirrel

Philsquirrel Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Paris, France
    Why not little worms of different colors running under the tree, that the player has to flatten with the froots of the same color :D ?

3. Zaz

Zaz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    It could be challenging if we have to take the fruits before some birds eat them :)

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    A little bit of highlighting on the fruit would be nice, as well as more variety of facial expressions (I always love games where characters are very experessive, like Topple or BaDaBoo...) The tree should be looking at where you're tapping (if it isn't already).

5. TheTinMan

We've already got those covered for number 2. :)

6. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    after watching the video, it would be cool if at the very peak of ripeness the froots vibrated a little or got even more bug eyed just before they shrank

instead of the color bars at the bottom, how about some bushel baskets whose rims are color coded...I think that would look more visually appealing than the bars...then there could even be powerups and power downs that made the baskets wider or narrower

Zaz had a good idea with the bird coming in to eat fruit I think...but I think it would be cool if when they flew on screen, you could double tap on them to scare them off.

7. TheTinMan

Some great ideas there DG. Regarding the baskets, we've already updated them for the sequel to make them look more visually appealing. Already the sequel is far superior visually than the first.

8. TheTinMan

Anymore ideas anyone?? We'll be ending this tomorrow (Friday) at 12pm Melbourne, Australia time.

9. twilightknight

twilightknight Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    I think that you need to add more dangers such as wild animals, and also add power ups such as extra basket or so :D

10. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Hi Tin Man!

How about this?...

Each basket can hold a certain capacity, say 20 fruits each. The count could be displayed on each basket. Once you reach capacity, you would need to double-tap the basket to empty it or any additional fruits you try add would just roll off resulting in a penalty for spilled fruit.

11. silent genius

silent genius Well-Known Member

I had this vision of an extra basket on the side you'd have to "flick up" to reach and it'd trigger some power-ups. Like some animal appearing to take away one of the dead fruits laying on the ground (1 extra life, so to say), Rain washing away all the dead fruits (super extra life ;)), some "time slowing down" effect to help when things get a little too hectic to handle...
    The possibilities are endless. ^^

12. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    another idea, a dead fruit could occassionally sprout into a small sapling that will maybe flower for a second or two and if we click or double click on it, you can regain a life.

13. TheTinMan

Some great ideas flowing out so far....11 and a half hours until we close this comp. Keep 'em coming! :)

The Tin Man

14. TheTinMan

Competition now closed

This competition is now closed. We'll send PMs to all those that were successful at winning a promo code by next week.

Remember our hi-score comp is still running until Sunday 30th August!

15. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    So who got promos for their ideas? Anyone?

16. TheTinMan

We'll be going through the replies today and give results in the next couple of days!

17. TheTinMan

The winners of a promo code are...

Well we didn't have an overwhelming response to this contest, which is a bit of a shame to be honest - how difficult could it be!??. We had 7 seperate responses and while most of the ideas given we had either thought of or are already implementing, we are still chuffed to those 7 that made the effort to respond.

So Philsquirrel, Zaz, drelbs, Devilishly Good, twilightknight, and silent genius, you all win a Frootrees promo code! Thanks too to cjsbug who had some good ideas too, but seeing as he already cleaned up on the hi-score competition and owns Frootrees I'm sure he won't mind if we offer the prize to someone else!

So winners, expect a PM from me with your codes. Thanks again.

The Tin Man

18. Philsquirrel

Philsquirrel Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Paris, France
    ;) Thank you very much ! It's a nice surprise :)

19. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Of course, I don't mind. :) I just wanted to add to the discussion, and if it was helpful give some input for your next game.

20. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    yeah, I was surprised at the low response, but I look forward to the new ideas coming out

...thanks!