Universal Frontline: Road to Moscow (by Slitherine)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 19, 2014.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Yep same for me, in game it shows me in $ but then when I went to buy them it told me the price in £ (bit strange) I'm in the uk so it should have been in £ anyway.

About my above screen shot, in game is fine it's just the main menu that's in a small box?

Still looks like a fun game and £5 for the full thing isn't exactly bank breaking.

2. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    I love these type of games. I'm thinking maybe get it on my droid tablet though

3. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    installed size?

4. danna_white

danna_white New Member

Mar 20, 2011
    415Mb

5. Pozytyw

Pozytyw New Member

May 1, 2013
    while I have no problems with killing Nazi in video games I have a problem with being one.. This whole campaign and the Russian revenge was a hell on earth.. Being a strategy games fan I know it's just 'a scenario' but still I have a strong issue with giving such feed to my imagination.

6. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Not every soldier in WW II was a Nazi. :cool:

7. Slitherine Iain

Slitherine Iain Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Hi guys,

thanks for the kind words. On the pricing discussion we are aiming at a slightly different audience. This is our first full strategy game for iPad and iPhone. The game is being developed by a great new partner - 88mm Games. They have shown with Frontline what they are capable of and we're really excited to see what they can do next!

We considered putting the game out at $9.99 as it certainly warrants the price but thought we might put off the iPhone users. So instead we broke the game in to 3 pieces and the total price point is $7 if you want everything, but the initial buy in of $2.99 gives more than enough to know if the kind of game you'll enjoy.

This is not a change in strategy - we've always priced the games according to the type of game and the platform so this happens to be a strategy game aimed at a wider market on different devices hence the lower than usual price point.

We hope you enjoy it - its a great game. Be sure to pass the news on to your friends and rate the game!

Thanks!

8. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Looks great!

9. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    A real Troll ... :rolleyes:

10. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    It's spelled Göring, actually.

11. LarryWP

LarryWP Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2013
    How does the save system work? Save anywhere?

12. mboog12

mboog12 Member

May 19, 2014
    Hi, yes, you can save at any time during a mission. Afterwards, you can load the mission state from the Campaign map. The game won't erase your current progress in the campaign map when loading an older save.

13. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

LOL awesome :D

Really enjoying the game. Deep enough for my small brain without being overwhelming. Gorgeous maps with plenty of ways to approach each scenario. Nice and fast gameplay. Logical rules and unit relationships and lots to learn to improve my strategy. I really hope we see more from 88mm!

The only strange thing (a bit) is that in the levels that use planes, you don't HAVE to move them. Did they have hover tech implemented in WW2? I know Adolf was looking at it! Seems it was more developed than we realise! :)

14. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Lol :)
    Think we assume they are just flying around in the sky above the occupied area.. Probably patrolling the skies in that area

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    So has anyone played this on an iPhone ? Just wondered how readable the text would be. Is it okay?

16. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Yep! It has the same size as on the iPad ... so: Please make the text larger on the iPad!

17. mboog12

mboog12 Member

May 19, 2014
    Acknowledged :)

18. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    #38 TokyoDan, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
    This game is seriously flawed.

This game is seriously flawed. And I bet that the developers never tested it on an iPad with Retina display. The startup dialog and the help text is way too small. I tried installing it on an non-Retina iPad 1 just to see if my assumption was correct but it won't run on my iPad 1.

Must be some kind of mistake on the part of the developers. Seems like they forgot to set/unset some flag that makes the text bigger/smaller on Retina/non-Retina devices. (I had this problem myself in developing my iOS game).

Anyway I'm not even going to try to play this game until they make the text big enough to read.

Ha. Exactly as I expected. Everything is the right size on a non-Retina iPad (I tested on my wife's iPad 2):

Retina: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7tu67p06m00cmip/AACy6rhe-ld1nZSRqUmKyQS5a
    non-Retina: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/beq6gzjnunfn5mn/AAAwR5XhgQh3VRpZ7-cY9jLpa

If the developers can't get this right on iPads I hate to think what kinds of problems they'd have on Android with it's hundreds of screen permutations.

Come on guys!

19. Mythbuster

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Yes, I agree! On the iPad Air & Mini Retina the text is very, very tiny ... :(

Maybe you are right and it is a mistake ... but can it be that they have not tested it with an iPad 3 or later? :confused:

20. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    #40 TokyoDan, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
    There are a few things that could have gone wrong: They never tested on a Retina iPad. Or, more likely, they released the wrong build (forgetting to set that switch). Or I hate to think…they don't know what they are doing and never even put the intelligence into the game to see what device it is running on and adjust the display accordingly.

They need to hire me as a consultant.

P.s. Haha. It must be REALLY small on a Retina iPhone or iPod Touch. hahaha!